• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ancient

CS:GO: still enjoyable to you?

10 posts in this topic

So, i have been playing CS:GO since its Beta. From time to time playing, and other times taking a break because of life & other games.

With CSGO gaining a competitive matchmaking system. There are now lots of people playing CSGO again, some say competitive matchmaking is the best thing they could possibly have added, to CS:GO. I personally agree. But i find that the game has some problems, not in its design or anything, but with its community. And here's what troubles me as of late:

Competitive matchmaking is filled with hackers/cheaters, most of the time, you cannot go online, play a match, without finding someone fishy, or obviously hacking! For me, it ruins the entire experience. Of course there are the community servers... Which i mostly try to avoid playing on, because.. Well you probably know why. ( 24 man dust2 match's everywhere where anyone can leave at will which is not really fun for me) There's this overwatch thing they put in, to get sneaky cheaters. Does it even work? Because apparently people just buy a new cheap copy of the game and start doing there thing once again. (I bet valve earns lots of cash lol)

And there are the smurfs, which go back to silver to troll, or just go and try to play on a lower rank to avoid the cheaters, making it kinda unfair for the lower ranks who may or may not play as well as the smurfs.

Though, i must admit, when you find that one match, with your friends, where no one is clearly a cheater, where the scores are tied, and everything is nostalgic, and people are polite and sportive till the last round. That, that makes me just wanna play more, but that seems rare nowadays. At least for me.

And sometimes you find one of those community servers with zombie mod on it, or surf, death-run etc... Which i find kinda cool depending. (These community modes made cs:s popular right?)

I have not shared my views on some other things in the game because they do not bother me really.

So my question to you is, do you still find CS:GO enjoyable? With its flaws in the community. If Yes/No, please state why? Do you find common ground in what i typed? Is something bothering you about the game?

Please let me know what you think of the game as of late :-)

Forgive my english lol

CommanderCartman likes this

I dont understand the hype about the game, why its an esports, their not much skill involved into the game.   Its basically a shooting gallery its fun at times but you get  players being such jerks over the mic saying you suck and stuff. I got kick from a game because I was doing bad.  If you buy it for cheap its not bad. This game would be fun on the CS go ajsa server.   

I understand how the community in this game is not really all that good.  I say its fun when you are with friends, or a clan. ( AJSA)  Its why I have plans of going into competitive the first few times with ONLY clan mates, or friends. If you want, you can play competitive with me.  I'm Moostar on steam.   CS:GO is fun when playing causal mode, but, competitive, its a must to bring in someone you know. 

I only played it a few times, I deiced Counter Strike wasn't for me honestly.

Yes I still play this game a lot. It takes a ton of skill to play well which is the biggest reason I like playing it first and for most. Its not the CoD spray and pray fest, but its also not the ARMA super realistic FPS either. its a great balance of the two in my opinion. Also as far as cheaters yes they are there but they are in every game so I dont let it get me down. Also my rank means nothing to me so what I care about is how well I do and how to better myself.

And Moostar  I will add and play with you in the future.

I play CS:GO still from time to time when I'm in the mood for Counter Strike. Granted to me it's just like Counter Strike: Source with better graphics and some improvements. But, I still enjoy it and I'm glad I bought it when I did. As stated by Drevis they're some cheaters on there but it's relatively a good game. But, it gets annoying sometimes that you can't even get shot off before someone kills ya with an AWP. Don't get me wrong it's fun and I enjoy it when I play a few rounds. It'll be great with a community/clan on there. 

I'm probably really rusty on Counter Strike. 

I agree that the improved Match Making System and the growing popularity of CS:GO as an esports have revived CS:GO.  Still, the MM system is quite flawed: 64 tick rate servers, no lobby for 10 man or finding scrims like in DOTA2.  The cheaters are rampant in the MM system, and at the rank I play it, pretty much every game has a cheater, Master Eagle+.  If you want to have a better competitive experience I recommend getting ESEA with 128 tick servers and "better" anti cheat. 

Ive been playing CS since I was nine, (22 years old now) so yes I guess im a fan lol. As facd said there is a problem with hackers as always but atleast this version of cs has a report system that can actually do something about the obvious aimbots and wallers.

I dont understand the hype about the game, why its an esports, their not much skill involved into the game.   Its basically a shooting gallery its fun at times but you get  players being such jerks over the mic saying you suck and stuff. I got kick from a game because I was doing bad.  If you buy it for cheap its not bad. This game would be fun on the CS go ajsa server.   

It not as simple as a shooting gallery, imo.

There's a lot to learn in terms of positioning and spray patterns that take a long time to master.

Yes, public servers operate at far too low a tick, but it's still playable, and a lot of fun if you're with a team.

There may not be as much to learn as a moba, but there's still a lot of skill involved.