• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blindbewm

ESO Going B2P w/ Plus Premium Membership

23 posts in this topic

Well it turns out all the rumors are true.... ESO is going B2P with the option of keeping your $15 monthly fee to gain access to all upcomming DLC content with the added cash shop to buy fashion items, potions, and a 10% bonus to EXP/Crafting/etc. I'm not sure what else will be available in the in-game store but let's hope it's not a P2W model. I hate to see this game go away from P2P but quite honestly they needed to do it after the failure that happened at launch. I'll probably keep my sub going for a month after this releases to see what it's all about.

Here is a link to the article http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/01/21/your-guide-to-eso-plus-premium-membership?_ga=1.139014774.411918214.1418328568

So what do you guys think? Since it's going to a B2P model atleast there won't be to many trolls and gold farmers like in a F2P game. Will anyone from AJSA be coming back when this is in effect? Hopefully if Zenimax does this right and doesn't turn the cash shop into their main focus like "Neverwinter" and other F2P MMOs they could possibly salvage this MMO.

The earlier broadcast of today on twitch by Zenimax Online has confirmed and further explained the future of ESO. By March of 2015 any current subscribers will have their remaining paid time changed into the ESO-plus package. That means the game itself will now no longer be a subscriber based game but have a subscriber option with it's own rewards. There's more on that to be revealed in the coming months. Also, during this broadcast the release of ESO on xbox one and ps4 was confirmed with the date set in June of 2015. I don't know of any cross platform play either. Please leave an opinion below on what you think this may mean for ESO and if you play on console if you might be interested.

Here's the broadcast http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

~Eiousx

I'm pretty ambivalent about this. ESO has an earned reputation at not being very good, and as a player of FFIV, I'll be happier playing that, but with no other MMO coming to XB1 on the horizon, this will likely be very popular as a "lack of options" on that platform. I have been wanting an MMO for the XB1 sin e I baught the console to play with the xb1 community, so I'm torn.

I'm pretty ambivalent about this. ESO has an earned reputation at not being very good, and as a player of FFIV, I'll be happier playing that, but with no other MMO coming to XB1 on the horizon, this will likely be very popular as a "lack of options" on that platform. I have been wanting an MMO for the XB1 sin e I baught the console to play with the xb1 community, so I'm torn.

Well, I would caution buying a console version till after reviews have come out. It may actually be good. It might be the worst PC to console port in existence. Regardless you will likely enjoy yourself if you choose to partake in it. But I do think we should keep this in the back of our minds as a possibility of a good mmo for xbox one. PS4 has great mmo style games already with cross platform play for FFIX so it will likely not get as much attention there. So yeah, just wait about a month to see what consumers have to say about the console release before trying it yourself if you're still interested.

~Eiousx

2 threads were created on the same topic so I merged them. 

It's fine that you merged them by why in this section of the ESO forums? It's general information not PvE only type of info. This just means it's less likely to get viewed.

It's fine that you merged them by why in this section of the ESO forums? It's general information not PvE only type of info. This just means it's less likely to get viewed.

The original topic was created there but I moved it to ESO forums now. Thanks for the heads up. (:

Eiousx likes this

This is interesting news. I haven't played since the Invasion of Cyrodiil our Lord Commander organized. I might jump on once the transition is made. 

Ok cool I wasn't sure where to put this since there was not a general disscussion under ESO sub forum. Honestly I agree with holding off on the console version if you are thinking about getting it. My friend has had ESO for ps4 on pre-order the past year...he actually ended up getting a refund and will wait to see what the game is like first before he buys it.

Commissar Elusive likes this

I think this is good news.

I got ESO just after launch and after playing for 30 days had to ask myself "is this worth a monthly subscription?" and decided that No it wasn't.

Grouping and instancing were so bad t(at least at the time) that I basically played it as I would a single player Elder Scrolls game - which worked pretty well but not £8 a month well. 

I might actually come back to the game now and pick up where I left off. 

im going back in no doubts the massed pvp was glorious

and the PVE wasent bad either

tho i doubt we can get any AJSA forces going in any meaningfull size again most people that showed upp for pvp events were there for joe afterall :P

im going back in no doubts the massed pvp was glorious

and the PVE wasent bad either

tho i doubt we can get any AJSA forces going in any meaningfull size again most people that showed upp for pvp events were there for joe afterall :P

Depends if the game will run cross platform play. If it does the AJSA could be boosted by console players.

I heard it going B2P and i got excited.

I have gotten the game about a month after release and i did have a good time But I deemed it completely unworthy of paying more then once for it so i stopped. Now i can gladly go back in and enjoy it like i did when i first gotten it.

confirmed in an AMA earlier today that it isn't cross platform =( 

confirmed in an AMA earlier today that it isn't cross platform =( 

well i gues all platforms will have to manage on their own then

I do hope you guys come back, I stubbornly stuck with the game as this is my very first MMO, and as the patches were installed, we said "piss off" to the money spammers and bots (I haven't seen a bot in around 7 months now), plus I think when you play as a group, the quest is now linked, so only one of you has to "activate device" (I think, as a failsafe, you have to go to the journal and once you click on the quest in question, highlight it and push "F" which shares the quest with the others in your group.

Please come back and give this game another chance, it won't cost you anymore after the fee's are dropped, so why not?

The game had so many problems at launch but now it's actually pretty decent. I for one will enjoy being able to play it without having to shell out $15/month. Fuck sub fees.

The game had so many problems at launch but now it's actually pretty decent. I for one will enjoy being able to play it without having to shell out $15/month. Fuck sub fees.

Same here. I've wanted to try out ESO for a long time, but the subs kept me from doing it. I play far too irregular to make it worth $15 a month. That's only interesting if you play a lot and really invest yourself in the game. At a first glance I like the new business model better. Buy the game, play it and if you want to get more out of it you can buy something extra or take on a premium sub.

Now now, sub fees can be a good thing as long as the game is put out proper(hence why WoW is still on the market).  In this case, being a loooong time Elder Scrolls player I stuck with it from the get-go.  With the sub model being dropped in the coming weeks, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the guild come back to life.  The devs and game makers need to get income somehow, yanno. =P

I have some good news for those who will return. The Justice System allows you to steal items and sell them to fences for quick and easy gold.

I recommend that you only steal the 100 gold (green items) and up Items. So far I have found the green items and purple 250 gold items. I'm guessing there are rare yellow items that may be worth 500 or even 1000 gold each.

Be careful though, if you get caught stealing, your bounty goes up and the guards can NOT be killed. The fences can pay off your bounty, or if you're killed by (or you surrender to) a guard, your bounty is deducted from your gold. If you have no gold, your bounty remains when you resurrect, but it slowly fades over time, so no going on killing sprees.

You start off being only able to fence 50 items per day, but with the news skill tree found under world skills, you can increase the limit by 50 each time.

So far I have managed to loot over 20,000 gold in items in just a few days, which means that you can now buy all the items you need for the game.

If only they added this at the beginning of the launch rather than rushing it out.

Either way, I hope to see you all back in Tamriel on the 17th...and hopefully Angry Joe will return too.

**Sigh** sometimes I just hate being right, well ok I was a bit off on how many months after launch it would take but sadly I saw this comming back in the beta stress test. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about me, I have nothing against sub model MMO's, hell I played WoW for 5 years before I finally got fed up with where blizz was taking the game. I just won't pay sub for a game that doesn't deserve it and sadly ESO did not deserve the sub model, I mean the Steam reviews alone where horrid last time I checked about a month or so ago.  And of course there is our Leader's Review on it as well. Also you have the consoles to consider, As soon as they came out and said that console gamers will get the 15$ sub as well I was like "OK, good luck with that." Well at least now I might consider trying the game once Steam does a sale or something...(bit tight on cash right now). I look forward to at least getting a chance to play with AJSA members atleast.