• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Windows 7 and 8 users will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free

48 posts in this topic

Windows 7 and 8 users will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free during the first year. Once the year passes, you will have to pay for it.

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-windows-10-will-not-be-sold-as-a-subscription/

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-upgrade-free-for-owners-of-windows-7-and-81/

Thoughts?

Bill-Gates-Count-to-10-Windows-Meme1.jpg

Kizra, ThE_MarD and mrfool like this

All sorts is win. With the news of the new Xbox compatibility for 10 and now it's free I'm a happy guy.

All sorts is win. With the news of the new Xbox compatibility for 10 and now it's free I'm a happy guy.

I think Microsoft put it for free since lots of Windows users still stayed with Windows 7 and didn't bother with Windows 8, specially because of all the issues at launch and so now Microsoft will let Windows 7 and 8 users upgrade to Windows 10 for free for the 1st year so they can get as many customers there as possible. After that, everyone will need to pay for it.

If windows 10 are as shitty or even more shitty than 8 is/was im safely staying with 7 even if 10 is free

There was some confusion at the conference that you will have to pay monthly or something for the upgrade but it was cleared out and you won't have to pay a penny for it. If you are a Windows 7 or 8 user, in the first year you can upgrade to Windows 10 and keep it like that, no need to spend any money.

Let's just hope that Windows 10 is good. I wouldn't mind updating to windows 10 if it's good.  ;) 

Still pretty happy with 7. Good news for any and all who're interested though.

Still pretty happy with 7. Good news for any and all who're interested though.

I just hope it won't be a reskinned Windows 8 or something.

well it look like what if windows 7 and 8 had a baby together 

like the start menu comeback but the window app store is still there for exemple

Well, Win10 self-identified as Windows 8.2 in the earliest benchmarks, so I guess that answers your question.

I find it a neat try for Microsoft to enthuse customers to the new OS and decrease the ammount of laggers clinging to old versions of the OS. XP is still commonly found, as people keep dated hardware and don't see a pressing reason to upgrade.

For what it seems, 10 is at least as stable as 8, with both 7-style desktop and 8-style metro interface, so it is indeed a direct upgrade from 8.1.... or a mashup of 7 and 8.

Some people at Tech&Troubleshooting tested it, and I read good things.... but it was still unstable for gaming or demanding programs (say, video editing). Maybe someone from there could give us an update.

Some people at Tech&Troubleshooting tested it, and I read good things.... but it was still unstable for gaming or demanding programs (say, video editing). Maybe someone from there could give us an update.

I remember I had TONS of issues on video editing programs including Photoshop on Windows 8 which was the reason why I downgraded to 7 again. 

Still no Halo MCC on PC. :(

I don't know anything about window 10, but am a sucker for free stuff so Ill take it.

Still no Halo MCC on PC. :(

I'd rather they fix all the issues it has on the X1 first before porting it to the PC. Don't want them bringing something broken over after all. Same goes with 5.

Puntosmx and Recoveryanonymous like this

is the upgrade compulsory or optional? i don't care if it's free, i don't want my windows 7 to one day upgrade itself to windows 10 without my permission. and what is windows 10? where's 9?

is the upgrade compulsory or optional? i don't care if it's free, i don't want my windows 7 to one day upgrade itself to windows 10 without my permission. and what is windows 10? where's 9?

It's a voluntary thing. People should be pissed if it were mandatory.

Guess they're treating 8.1 as 9.

Whether Windows 10 will be good or not will be decided when it's released. What I want to know is this:

Where's Windows 9? Is it because there's already windows 95 & 98 so there's no title confusion?

I have Windows 7 PC, will it lose all my data after upgrading?

I have Windows 7 PC, will it lose all my data after upgrading?

I'd like to know that too. Having to reinstall everything again is a pain in the ass I don't want to go through if I upgrade.

I'd like to know that too. Having to reinstall everything again is a pain in the ass I don't want to go through if I upgrade.

Same thoughts.

YESS!

No more cancerous charm bar!

windows10-handson-09-650-80.jpg

START BAR IS BACK!

windows10-handson-08-650-80.jpg

I can buy a laptop now!

windows10-handson-04-650-80.jpg

Looks good right now!

Windows%2010%20IE-650-80.jpg

Source:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-10-1267364/review

I  hope you can make the task bar more like this

166zch.jpg

I prefer it this way as opposed to the set up in those screen shots.

What about the game performances? There are people experiencing frame rate drops on some OSes.