• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Traviltar

Elite: Dangerous?

7 posts in this topic

Alright, so. Do you want to be an interstellar truck driver? Maybe a miner? Bounty hunter? How about a good old space pirate hunting innocent traders who say "I have a family to get back to! Please spare me! I'll give you anything..!" when you attack them and take their precious cargo? Well, good news, AJSA member, this game is practically made for you!

Basically, space sim. Really good. Even Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation liked it. But this game is for weird people who like to listen to podcasts/music while hauling crates full of Imperial Slaves from one end of the quadrant to the other. Great thing about this game that it has 400 BILLION STARS. Practically a 1:1 model of the Milky Way. You get money when you discover new systems and sell the maps that have been registered to your computer, assuming you have the piece. Or, you can become Boba Fett and in your freighter you can hunt slave-dealing scum. The kind that blow out the candles on YOUR birthday cake. You can shoot them and watch as their air runs out eventually and they choke to death.. sloowly..

Eventually, they say, they'll make an FPS element where you can walk around the stations and maybe visit planets or something. Maybe.

*ahem*

Anyways, feel free to look up Elite: Dangerous. Buy that shit, yo and holla at me. I know the basics on how to start getting money and the do's and don'ts of space. Think of me as a "Space-Guide 101: Don't do that shit" and I'll get you started on the right path.

So send me a message and I'll find you! I promise I wont shoot you. Maybe a little. But not really.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some platinum to mine from asteroids. Good day, sir.

Just a warning - the game is unfinished and has placeholder content in several key areas and are lacking what some might consider basic multiplayer features. That being said, I'm surprised at how enjoyable I'm finding the game. I've already played many, many hours since launch and still find myself logging in. Flying my Viper and blasting pirates out of space is an absolute joy and I could do it all day. If you're interested in space sandbox games, and want to see how the game develops (they're working on adding a bunch of features with patch 1.1), definitely give it a go.

And don't worry too much about pirates if you're not interested in fighting and just want to space truck. NPC pirates are easy to escape and player pirates are exceedingly rare even in well-populated systems.

I wanna try this game but i wanna wait for a sale since I simply cannot afford to buy every game I want to try at full price... Alas given it doesnt seem to be on steam or gog or anything I have a bad feelin ill never see it on sale.

just started playing this earlier this week. Do we have a start system or any kind of organized game play going on?

Boom! Let's revive this thread. I got Elite: Dangerous during the black friday sale and I am loving it. It must have seen so many updates since this thread as I am yet to find any bugs people mentioned earlier in the year. I mean that makes sense but hey, progress!

Elite: Dangerous - Horizons is out soon too allowing you to go to the surface of planets! If anyone is playing this and needs help getting started or looking for some more wingmates let me know! I personally am a bounty hunter so any traders, miners, etc out there being hassled by pirates I'd just as happily claim the bounties of any scum that attack you as I would go hunting together.

I would consider buying this but space sims (including this one) seem to be a hot-zone for a lot of shady shit at the moment.

I would consider buying this but space sims (including this one) seem to be a hot-zone for a lot of shady shit at the moment.

I have it on XB 1 and it's exellent. No micro transactions or paid dlcs. Free updates and amazing support. It's a genuinely good game for $35 no less.