• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

This is why Witcher 3 is delayed...

21 posts in this topic

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-level-designer-on-the-delay-pc-controls-and-world-building-2/

Reading that now, I'm really glad Witcher 3 was delayed and I'm glad CDPR actually admitted all that, that the game still has many flaws. Usually a lot of companies would hide all that and just release the game. Orginally Witcher 3 was supposed to be released now in Feburary and then was delayed. 

Your thoughts?

I trust CD Projekt Red to deliver, so I'll happily wait until May. As much as I'm salivating sinking 100+ hours into this game, I want it to be good and polished. There were issues with screen tearing on the last preview build for PS4 (what I'll be getting it on) so I hope they take all the time they need. I will happily play other games while they finish it up. I'm only sad that it's release date is just two weeks before Arkham Knight, my other most anticipated game this year. I'm thinking I'm going to need a week off in June...

Apex Spartan likes this

This is proof that even though there are a lot of money grubbing game companies who shits out rushed buggy games just to make a quick buck, ahem EA Activision Ubisoft, there do exist these guys that are not like that.

I'll wait patiently for this, besides there's still other games to look forward to like Phantom Pain, Arkham Knight, Super Hot, SORCERY 3, UNCHARTED 4, PERSONA 5 ahahahahahah! This year is going to be awesome!!!

Hyped up releaes are really bad for gaming.

CDProjektRed has earned my trust since game #2, and they've giving me no reason as yet to reconsider that stance, props to them hope they stick around for many more great games to be!

I'm glad they delayed it to improve on it. Two good articles here and here about the three hour they played of the game, both doing very different things and coming away impressed with the world and characterization.

Apex Spartan likes this

What about Warner Bros. Games? They also delayed Dying Light for non-US versions.

I'm happy for anyone to delay a game to make it complete by release as long as they give decent notice. Unlike Watchdogs and now Dying Light (though still going to be available digitally so who knows the reasoning by that) to name a few.

CD Projekt really impress me with their attitude towards development and listening to the community. I'm really looking forward to it.

Your thoughts?

my thoughts? the final release is going to have worse graphics than what was advertised, because it's clear the PS4 and the xbox one are holding back the development due to the specs those systems have.

as for the PC version, who knows, they will either do what ubisoft did with watch dogs and leave it at the same level as the console versions, or it will be the advertised graphics and performance shown on videos now.

my thoughts? the final release is going to have worse graphics than what was advertised, because it's clear the PS4 and the xbox one are holding back the development due to the specs those systems have.

as for the PC version, who knows, they will either do what ubisoft did with watch dogs and leave it at the same level as the console versions, or it will be the advertised graphics and performance shown on videos now.

I doubt it, PC version will have good graphics for sure, I wonder too if it will be as advertised but tbh I really don't care, the gameplay looks good, the story looks good, the world looks good and  I don't need anything else. The graphics are good as they are but they already said they lowered them for some reason (forgot why), but yeah, I hope the graphics will be as advertised, at least on PC. 

I mean look at Witcher 2 on max graphics, it looks awesome even now it's better than many games so I'm sure W3 itself will be a bigger step forward.

Isn't the primary platform they're making this on the PC as with The Witcher 2? That one looked as advertised on the PC, I have little doubt this one will be different.

Buck up, and don't be too cynical all the time man.

They lowered the graphics on certain things (mostly on console) because of the demands of the physics engine. I trust CD Projekt Red to produce a fantastic game best optimized for user experience, regardless of the platform it's on. I'm not really a graphics guy, tbh. I'd much rather have really good game play and story than graphics, always. It's why I still play 6-7 year old games.

Apex Spartan likes this

the gameplay looks good, the story looks good, the world looks good

And that right there is three more things then we were ever given with the Watchdog trailers. I'm still amazed that so many people thought Watchdogs would be great for no other reason than the graphics. Even if The Witcher doesn't end up looking as good as trailers have shown it still has other strengths to fall back on.

Kedric likes this

I trust CDprojeckt, they are the best company I have ever seen, they make good games, they are against DRM and they do what the fans want. I respect them for that. BTW sorry that I got angry in my previous comment, I just hate that Ubi has taken a turn for the dark side.  

I trust CDprojeckt, they are the best company I have ever seen, they make good games, they are against DRM and they do what the fans want. I respect them for that. BTW sorry that I got angry in my previous comment, I just hate that Ubi has taken a turn for the dark side.  

what comment? i dont remember. yeah i dont like ubi much these days either.

Buck up, and don't be too cynical all the time man.

i apologise i am on anti depressants and i dont really think much about what im saying anymore. i will try and be less cynical.

It was indeed a smart move they made I rather wait for  a game with no freaking glitches thx for sharing this topic sparta  ;)

Its all I need for the series to complete. It also appears as though the female witcher from the books might be included in it. My experience with CDProjekt has always been good.

I am very happy to see this from a developer. So many companies today take the easy road and delay their games just to make a few extra dollars through hype. When UBI did this with watchdogs I don't remember any explanation as to why. At least with this company, they are up front and honest about the crap that is happening in their game. I love this total transparency from a company. It lets me know that they have total quality in mind while developing, and a sense of pride in their overall product. So many companies throw away quality these days, it's really sad. If these other developers took this standpoint and refused to release a game until they are totally happy with the overall polish and quality, we wouldn't see colossal failures such as watchdogs or Destiny.