• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legolas_Katarn

"The Gothic Sensibilities of Darkest Dungeon"

6 posts in this topic

Article

A great article on the games art and sound design and what inspired them. For the people who did not support the Kickstarter the game is going to be available on February 3rd.

Already have the game on my Steam wishlist. I hope it's good as it's been a while since I finished Legend of Grimrock 2. Very much ready for a good dungeon crawling experience again. Interesting article.

Found it's not the finished game that's releasing today. It's just the Steam early access version of the game. The game won't be finished until 2nd half of 2015. So still a long time to wait. Kinda sucks as I was really looking forward to playing it today.

This early access game is now the top seller on Steam and loads of people are streaming the alpha on Twitch. Seems it's alot more playable than most early access games.

I wanna try this game bad but 20 bucks for an indie game that isn't even labelled as "Released" yet seems pretty high for my budget (not bashing their time and effort, it's just for me personally, I only have so much cash to spend)..

I wonder why it sells so well though. I mean it's not even of the genre that most people tend to play. I'm a rogue-like and  dungeon crawler fan but I feel like the minority. wut.

Just wait until it's finished. That's what I'm doing. Plenty of other games to enjoy in the meantime.

I think these guys are getting super rich off this game.

1. Kickstarter provided more than four times the amount they aimed for. They likely got all their development costs covered with money to spare.

2. Top seller on steam for like a week now. Must be a huge amount of copies sold.

3. Super small dev team. Ferrarris all around? Depends on their contracts, of course. Maybe one guy got super duper rich :D

I have a friend who's enjoying it a lot. He hates Roguelikes but likes this one because he feels its very casual in that you don't have to start the game over if your party dies, and that you get pretty comfortable eventually so dying becomes pretty unlikely.