• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

CD Projekt says it's "making a statement" with free Witcher 3 DLC

5 posts in this topic

More Witcher 3 news today :P

Link: http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-says-its-making-a-statement-with-free-witcher-3-dlc/

The game will have 16 DLCs free of charge BUT it's not extended gameplay or story, but just little things like extra horse armor, hair, beard etc

"We, as gamers, would like to be treated this way, 'Hey, give me free DLC.' It doesn't have to be something huge," Iwiński told IGN. "And I'm saying we aren't giving out huge stuff, we aren't giving tens of hours of storyline here, we are giving small bits of pieces that don't cost a lot. And I think people would feel better about our game, and so they will enjoy the adventure even more."

If they allow modding, I don't think we even need such DLCs and I do hope they release modding tools and resources. 

This is what I like about these guys. They give out free dlcs and updates for every Witcher games. First the excellent Enhanced Witcher 1 that changes every voice acting in the game with gameplay tweaks, then the various updates in 2 that makes the game more beginner friendly, now this. All for free! The only other games that does this are iPhone games like Infinity Blade, Punch Quest and Batman Lockdown. Why can't more developers learn from these guys???

Well now, if modding is allowed, I think we know what mod should be included:

Apex Spartan likes this

This is the best thing about the Witcher games- each one is clearly a labour of love on the part of the devs, it's part of the reason that they are released so far apart and take their time being released. 

I have always said that I don't mind paying for DLC with a  decent amount of content- I just hate the nickel and diming that most publishers persist in. I grew up playing PC games where publishers would put out new Multiplayer maps and modes for free in patches and updates, and an expansion pack was almost as large as the original game.

Man, I really wish more developers would do this. Release the little stuff for free, and charge only for story DLCs and the like.

Although it does worry me that they might restrict mods because of this.

Projekt RED is a developer others should take note of to do well. As for modding, it's possible since Witcher 2 had the RED kit for people to play around with and such. I'm glad they're not only being so liberal with free dlc, but they also release games DRM-free.