• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

Nechrochasm, Product of Fear Because of The Mytho-Past

11 posts in this topic

Crota's End Hard Mode release last week, and into the second week we've begun to see Necrochasm's appear in the wild. However the reception to the Necrochasm is very low. Firstly, if many don't know Necrochasm is the Exotic weapon you can gain by beating the raid of Crota's End on Hard Mode. It is a high fire-rate, low damaging assault rifle that contains the elemental arc damage. Necrocham also stands as the only gun with 339 damage. But with its low clip size, low impact, and horrible stability even with stability perks equipped. Many if not everyone look at this hard to get gun as, "Not Worth It." I would have to agree after seeing a lot of gameplay videos with it and hearing the arguments against it. I think though this maybe a product of what happen with The Vex Mythoclast when we first got it.

When the famous Exotic weapon from Vault of Glass The Vex Mythoclast first popped in the wild, it was apparent "This Gun Is Overpowered." For weeks it ran has the dominant force in PvP and PvE. There was no reason to use anything else. Bungie nerf'd The Vex Mythoclast after a few weeks of its reign of terror. But the nerf to this weapon was far to sever. Which lead to a buff during the great Exotic Weapon patch. I think cause of fear of another overpowered weapon Bungie tried to make a balance gun, but ended up with a very weak and not good weapon.

Necrochasm has a lot of neat perks, but none of them have staying power. Hopefully this weapon does get a buff much like all the Exotics in Dark Below needs. Bungie tried making balanced and neat concepts of Exotics. In the end they ended up with weapons that either; are the worst in the game (No Land Beyond), have purpose but are out class in every way (Dragons Breathe), or can't even compare to it's predecessor (Necrochasm).

Note: I'm not bashing Destiny or these weapons (expect No Land Beyond, I bash that thing with a stick.) But these Exotics, specially Necrochasm, need a buff for some value. Because right now, why bother getting the Necrochasm rather than to be a show off.

I think they need to buff the Exotics that are very mediocre first, like Hard Light. Just imagine if hard light had explosive rounds; due to the perk being called "Volatile Light".

I think they need to buff the Exotics that are very mediocre first, like Hard Light. Just imagine if hard light had explosive rounds; due to the perk being called "Volatile Light".

I agree, but I believe the expansion Exotic need the buff the most. But here are a few things I think could make these weapons more useful.

No Land Beyond - Make it have the highest Impact in the game. If it's gotta have a slow rate of fire than give it the highest damage.

Dragons Breathe - Make the solar grenade after effect shorter, but make it the size of the blast radius.

Nechrochasm - Make this weapon the highest impact for high fire-rate auto rifles. 

Actually, I'd keep the Necrochsam the way it is, but I'd make the Cursed Thrall Explosion have the same damage/radius as a Nova Bomb.

It'd be weak Auto Rifle that's difficult to get precision kills with, but has an overpowered ability in the event that you do get one.

Sounds balanced to me.

Actually, I'd keep the Necrochsam the way it is, but I'd make the Cursed Thrall Explosion have the same damage/radius as a Nova Bomb.

It'd be weak Auto Rifle that's difficult to get precision kills with, but has an overpowered ability in the event that you do get one.

Sounds balanced to me.

I would agree, in any forth of some small buff whether it be impact increase or ability re-worked would help the weapon. Something at this point.

Maybe for the next exotics the best thing would be to think less "powerful" more "useful"

One of the best things about the murmur fusion rifle is that it can be switched to Arc or Solar damage- I would like to see more weapons like this that give you options of how to use them rather than just being the biggest stick in the park.

Maybe for the next exotics the best thing would be to think less "powerful" more "useful"

One of the best things about the murmur fusion rifle is that it can be switched to Arc or Solar damage- I would like to see more weapons like this that give you options of how to use them rather than just being the biggest stick in the park.

You'll like the raid Assault Rifle Abyss Defiant than. It gives you the choice of either having increase hi-fire stability or a Suros Regime like fire-rate when aiming down sights for higher damage. We also already know that a Exotic Scout Rifle named 347 Vesta Dynasty, which looks like will have a similar switching between perks. Hopefully they continue to play with this idea more. I will agree I enjoy Murmur and keep Murmur just for that ability to swap between two elements. I also like how between each element it switches the stats dramatically. Solar having more damage and range, Arc having a fast charged and reload.

I love my Suros Regime. I would marry it if I could.

Truth Rocket Launcher: "But what about me?"

You get back in the cellar!

You'll like the raid Assault Rifle Abyss Defiant than. It gives you the choice of either having increase hi-fire stability or a Suros Regime like fire-rate when aiming down sights for higher damage. We also already know that a Exotic Scout Rifle named 347 Vesta Dynasty, which looks like will have a similar switching between perks.

To a lesser extent is the Fang of Ir Yut, which has the option of faster reload when the clip is empty or a perk that tags enemies with a green "spike" that can be seen over cover.

If I'm not mistaken, the Vesta's perks give you either more Armor for body-shot kills or more Agility for precision kills.

To Winnum's point, "more useful" doesn't necessarily speak of the weapons in and of themselves but rather the situations Bungie gives us to apply them.

Apparently Bungie has been acknowledging "elite" players directly, and one the the requirements is an Ice Breaker and Gjallerhorn on all three characters.

This mentality needs to die. I shouldn't be penalized for wanting to run Auto Rifles, Shotguns, and Machine Guns on my Titan, and I still feel that the Plan C is the most powerful gun in the game. Different playstyles and mentalities shouldn't be ostracized, they should be embraced.

Otherwise, what's the point in this being a MMO? Keep the "Ultimate Weapon" design to Single Player RPGS, thank you.

Winnum likes this

To Winnum's point, "more useful" doesn't necessarily speak of the weapons in and of themselves but rather the situations Bungie gives us to apply them.

Apparently Bungie has been acknowledging "elite" players directly, and one the the requirements is an Ice Breaker and Gjallerhorn on all three characters.

This mentality needs to die. I shouldn't be penalized for wanting to run Auto Rifles, Shotguns, and Machine Guns on my Titan, and I still feel that the Plan C is the most powerful gun in the game. Different playstyles and mentalities shouldn't be ostracized, they should be embraced.

Otherwise, what's the point in this being a MMO? Keep the "Ultimate Weapon" design to Single Player RPGS, thank you.

It comes down how they want the Exotics to be presented in the end. I see your point that right now the based Exotic we got have become the powerful of the powerful. To the point everyone mentally needs to have the big three; Suros Regime, Ice Breaker, and Gjallarhorn. If Bungie wants to take that Exotic experience away of the Exotics being the powerful of the powerful to more unique exotic perks of weapons, they will meet a brick wall cause of the base Exotics they already put into place. Keep in mind also not to long ago buff'd all of them to laughable levels. Look at how far Thorn went from a weapon you run for fun to a devil in Iron Banner.

Interesting idea that popped into my head while writing a response to Stick's post, though I'm not certain what part actually inspired it.

You know what would balance the strength of certain Exotics with the extreme power of Ice Breaker and Gjallerhorn?

Take a page out of Persona's book. Every enemy is weak or resists damage from certain types of weapons.

Gjallerhorn would be neutered against an enemy that resists both Rockets and Solar, but that same enemy might go down in one shot from 4th Horseman even if closing to that distance could be suicide.

'Course to do that, they'd actually have to give us an Arc Rocket, Void LMG, and at least one Void Special Exotics so we could actually cover all our bases. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0