• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Nintendo To Launch YouTube Revenue Sharing Plan

85 posts in this topic

Nintendo is once again showing they have no idea how the internet or advertisement works.

Article

The beta is currently offering 60 percent of ad revenue for individual videos attached to the program, and 70 percent for channels. Nintendo will calculate revenue shares on a monthly basis before sending them out to video creators via Paypal. Furthermore, videos and channels have to be approved by Nintendo before the company begins doling out the cash, and the big N says that process can take up to three business days.

Some responses to the announcement

DemonsColt and DestinyDecade like this

Let's Players should stop playing Nintendo Games. No more free advertising for Nintendo.

I would go as far as to say we should stop buying and stop talking about Nintendo games until they drop this nonsense.

Let's Players should stop playing Nintendo Games. No more free advertising for Nintendo.

I think that's what most people do already. Every youtuber, journalist, freelance, etc person I've seen has said that this was horrible and they aren't going to make any Nintendo videos. There's no shortage of video games out there, be it great video games or terrible games to make fun of, no one is losing anything by not being able to show Nintendo content except for Nintendo.

Terrible idea. Just terrible. And it is only Nintendo that is doing this tripe.

Another good idea is do what the Two Best Friends and JonTron did and create their own website and use a different video player (Blip).

likes this

What I assume Nintendo thinks of lets plays "Wait what's that a new form of piracy?"

As if we didn't have enough reasons to want most, if not all, of Nintendo's leadership to be sent packing...

But I'm reminded of this video:

I think Nintendo's program only reinforces just how out of touch they are with everyone

DemonsColt likes this

As if we didn't have enough reasons to want most, if not all, of Nintendo's leadership to be sent packing...

But I'm reminded of this video:

I think Nintendo's program only reinforces just how out of touch they are with everyone

Agree, Nintendo of Japan is filled with a bunch of dinosaurs. They need new management.

Aya Reiko likes this

Agree, Nintendo of Japan is filled with a bunch of dinosaurs. They need new management.

The problem is Nintendo's business philosophy is still very Japanese in the way they do things, which makes them beyond out-of-date compared to the rest of the world.  It also means anyone of any significant influence at Nintendo would rather let the company sink before even considering removing the company's leadership.

nintendo fails cause they live in the past.

i was interested in nintendo and they said to me i should send them a letter...

seriously ? i made already   homepages with credit card payment in the 90ies !!! and in year 2014 nintendo says to me that i have to write them a letter.

no mail, no pdf ... a fucking letter!

no comment

R.I.P. Nintendo

beyond out-of-date compared to the rest of the world

yes, thats true. i was motivated to get  a job at nintendo but their management and recruiting  is absolutely messed up.

also their product management.

now they try to get money with amibo figures and youtube licensing. i mean how fucked up is this?

nintendo should be a CORE gamer platform with games for the SKILLED gamer and not a franchise amibo social community piece of shit device with a NFC chip as their main "next-gen" feature.

Absolutely pathetic. Nintendo once again showcases the "genius" of old, Japanese businessmen and their business culture. 

I've been saying this since the late 90s so I'll say it again here: I told you we should of stuck with Sega.

Nintendo can go fuck themselves at this point, this is opposite of what all the major companies are doing. Let them go to their doom.

Thing is, I don't have to deal with it since I am a Managed YouTube partner. Their system shows how little they understand of how this work. I hope their little program fails and I mean fails... HARD!

I agree with Nintendo doing this and as far as im concerned they have every right to do it.  You make money from using their content you should give them a % of it.  Though maybe not as much as they are asking for.

I agree with Nintendo doing this and as far as im concerned they have every right to do it.  You make money from using their content you should give them a % of it.  Though maybe not as much as they are asking for.

Minus the ass kissing, and being tethered to Nintendo if you decide to go the FULL CHANNEL route. Then there is the reviews aspect, which has potential for censorship, and Nintendo asking for money JUST FOR SHOWING A BLOODY TRAILER ON YOUR LATEST GAMING NEWS VIDEO. Don't forget about the folks who don't live in NA, who have to pay Currency conversion fees just to get money from this.

And it also speaks volumes that Nintendo is the only company doing this. No one else, not even EA, are doing this.

Hell, Devolver Digital even made this recently,

Screen_Shot_2015-01-30_at_12.47.34_PM.0.

Clear as fucking crystal Nintendo doesn't know the concept of FREE PUBLICITY.

couldnt care less, if they want to do this, let them... guaranteed some people will still go through with it just to make nintendo videos. if nintendo wants a cut of your money from your videos they have every legal right to do so, you don't all like it but tough... that's corporate life. if anything, if this does succeed and go through, all those other companies who aren't doing this, may just start.

end of the day, despite the lack of console sales, nintendo has more capital than sony and MS combined. yes, that's right, nintendo, a console and game manufacturer, has more money, than Sony - the everything electronics and services manufacturer, and MS - the 90% of the world's PCs that use and buy their operating systems - COMBINED.

maybe they don't honestly care about the free publicity. maybe they simply just want to control the content made available on a major free site such as youtube.

and despite all this, in my opinion, they still have the best and most fun 8th gen console. everyone whining about how the wii u doesnt sell and nintendo fails and bla bla bla... well hey, guess what the wii U can do on EVERY game that the PS4 and xbox one can't? yup... 1080p, like a boss. drops mic.

well hey, guess what the wii U can do on EVERY game that the PS4 and xbox one can't? yup... 1080p, like a boss. drops mic.

FORGET THE 1080P! I JUST WANT EVERY GAME TO RUN 60FPS! Goddamn you game developers!

FORGET THE 1080P! I JUST WANT EVERY GAME TO RUN 60FPS! Goddamn you game developers!

so you want 60 fps but 720p!? on a 47 inch HD tv? LOL

:lol:

so you want 60 fps but 720p!? on a 47 inch HD tv? LOL

:lol:

For some bloody reason, I can't see resolution good on TV, and my tv is only 27 inches, so it's a 720p.

1080p is on the PC though, my monitor has 1080p.

But jokes aside, I prefer 60FPS. Granted SOME PS4 games can do 60 (MGSV:GZ). And Wii U has some good looking games.

Nintendo are idiots. Look a games like Call of Duty. The fan base and the franchise's success was built almost solely on YouTube. It's free advertisement.

2and900 likes this

Nintendo are idiots. Look a games like Call of Duty. The fan base and the franchise's success was built almost solely on YouTube. It's free advertisement.

1. call of duty is one of the worst games ever.

2. yep, they sure might be idiots. but those idiots have more money than MS and sony combined, and almost all their major games on the wii U have all sold over 1 million copies each. i don't see any games on the PS4 or xbox one having sold that many copies each. but yes of course, they must be idiots, making all that money... all that mountains of money and wealth, they MUST be idiots, right!?  :D

2. yep, they sure might be idiots. but those idiots have more money than MS and sony combined, and almost all their major games on the wii U have all sold over 1 million copies each. i don't see any games on the PS4 or xbox one having sold that many copies each. but yes of course, they must be idiots, making all that money... all that mountains of money and wealth, they MUST be idiots, right!?  :D

inFAMOUS Second Son: Sales Surpass 1 Million

"So it comes with great excitement to learn that within the first nine days of launch, global sales of inFAMOUS Second Son exceeded over 1 million units*, making Second Son the fastest selling inFAMOUS title to date!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-sales-surpass-1-million/

Just saying. :D

1. call of duty is one of the worst games ever.

CoD 4 was actually pretty damn good. So is MW2, Anything from Treyarch, and early CoD.