• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Trisdino

Your favorite type of strategy games

212 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite?

• Turn based strategy
    • fast paced Rts
    • Short turn strategy
    • Tactical strategy
    • Semi-strategy
    • Medium paced Rts
    • Slow paced Rts
    • Grand strategy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

I prefer turn based. It just lets me think about what I'm doing and plan for what's coming

No 4X strategy option? Or is that grand strategy? Cause i love 4X like Sins of a Solar Empire.

Turn-based, fast-paced and tactical strategy games are the ones I play more, but fast-paced ones are the ones I like the most.

No 4X strategy option? Or is that grand strategy? Cause i love 4X like Sins of a Solar Empire.

Yes, 4X counts as grand strategy.

These are my favourites :)

- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

- Victoria 2

- Europa Universalis 3 (I havent played EU4 yet...)

I only enjoy normal RTS (Dune 2000, Starcraft series, Warcraft 3 + FT.) and Turn-based strategy (Heroes series, Civilization series.). Don't really like Grand strategies or any RTS that goes too slowly.

4x mostly, Heroes also good. Also Warlack 2 made my day recently. But any strategy game is good if playing with friends... kinda fun... for me... ok I'll shut up.

I enjoy the Fire Emblem turn-based strategy games the most. For Fast-Pace RTS i love AoE as well as its remake Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds.

Empire at war, gal civ, total war, crusader kings 2 and Victoria 2, hearts of iron 3, company of heroes, xcom, dawn of war series, stronghold crusader, civilization, sins if a solar empire, heroes of might and magic 3. Yeah i like them all.

I prefer games like Warcraft or Starcraft. Mostly because the story is usually pretty damn good and the lore is quite expansive (which I hardly pay much attention to). I just like having base building in my RTS with the chance of being annihilated while you're still just massing up your units (though I usually rage at being rushed :D ).

That said, Heroes series also have a soft spot in my heart. Ever since I first laid my eyes upon Heroes III. Loved it ever since, with the exception of IV. It was terrible!

I love Fast paced or Medium paced strategy games, specially games like Age of Empires, and to mention a mmo one, age of empires online , i only played it from time to time, but i did enjoy it despite the art style it had the feeling of age of empires with a little of rpg elements attach to it.

I have been playing this Early Access game called Endless Legend out of a recommendation from a fellow Steam buddy. From what I have seen, it's basically like Civilization but fantasy-oriented. The setting reminds me a whole lot of the Numenera setting which got me really hooked into buying it. And for a beta, I was very impressed. 

I usually go for the more fast-paced RTS strategy games like Age of Empires III, World in Conflict, and Star Wars: Empire at War(which needs a sequel), but I have more recently started getting into the turn-based Civilization 5.

I wish there was a category for simulation.

Even more hardcore than games like Combat Mission. 

I wonder if anyone has played Jane's Fleet Command, Point of Attack or Command. 

Grand Strat all the way. Love to build my empire and RULE THE WORLD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have a particular fondness for tactical strategy games like Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II and Men of War: Assault Squad II, but I do appreciate some of the classic RTS games. Age of Empires, Empire Earth, and Command and Conquer are some of my favorites that come to mind. As for turn based games, XCOM and Warhammer 40,000: Regicide (aka chess with metal, blood and guts), are great fun as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I can't really choose one type over the other, even though I've been playing the tactical ones more. They're all enjoyable.

turn-based for me. I'd rather a game where my mind matters more than reflexes or what my apm is

still like rts games though

Grand strat all day. eu4 is my jam

I could never get into turn based, never been that good at them mostly.

I´m not really bound to any specific subgenre here. But I clearly prefer large scale strategy games. So mostly slow paced RTS and Turnbased Strategy games. But the range is fairly wide. From TW series, over MOO3 up to Wargame. I love to have lots of strategic options instead of tactical options only. I´m not afraid to invest tons of time into one great campaign. And I´m not afraid to do a lot of micromanagement.

I love Civ 5 & BE, but for me they are a little to shallow. I´d love them to have more depth, slower pace more variety etc.

i prefeer turn based games because im too slow to play RTS games