• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DoctorEvil

Official AJSA Top 10 Controversies of 2014 Discussion Thread!

63 posts in this topic

Here's a place for the AJSA to discuss the Top Ten Controversies of 2014 Video!   NEW TOPICS CREATED ABOUT THE VIDEO WILL BE MERGED HERE!   If you're looking to discuss the #1 choice exclusively, I recommend the Official GG thread here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/25598-final-ajsa-gg-thread-angry-joes-gg-position/

ALL TOPICS EXCLUSIVELY ABOUT GG WILL BE MERGED INTO THE GG THREAD!  

I'm honestly surprised he was so calm about Early Access. It's a new level of money-grubbing, at least in my opinion. Everlasting game betas that people have to pay for? Seems like a really bad precedent to set. It's right on up there with the micro-transactions in everything. It's just bad news, and clearly a ploy by Corporate Commander to pull more money out of people for less.

Faravahar1200 likes this

I got very disappointing that ubisoft added real money system to players to get the items faster in Asassin creed unity  :(

Very nice video joe made  :)   I am so agree of his point of views 100 percent 

what ???? number 8 I did not know about that  :angry: what a waste of damn cash I am so mad  to spend my damn money which I worked so freaking hard to earn it.

Jitterdoomer likes this

Eeek! I cant wait to wath as soon as im at my pc!

That said shouldnt this go in the AJ subforum?

Joe made a lot of good points in these choices for Top 10 Controversies of 2014. Very good choices along with some that I literally had no idea about.

That Game Jam thing, so many big Polaris names involved... Good thing it was shut down before it became Testers 2.0

Eeek! I cant wait to wath as soon as im at my pc!

That said shouldnt this go in the AJ subforum?

Eventually this will be moved there, but we figured most new people will come to General Discussion first, so might as well make it easier for them, before a million competing posts are made.

newbornALIEN and Puntosmx like this

So uhh.. should we comment about joe's opinion on gamergate DURING HIS VIDEO in this thread... or the GG thread? I did in the youtube channel obviously, but I can't imagine any good will come of it... The stupid is strong there (on both sides...cuz it's youtube).

edit: I didn't know about the mountain dew thing.. I mean I heard of it but didn't really know what the story was. I just wanna say though that I think the fact that a hired professional couldn't make a drama show out of a crew consisting of mostly gamers despite how much he tried with everyone's support only shows that gamers are generally the LEAST sexist,racist, overall bad group of people. Because you'd be damned blind if you haven't seen these kinds of shows succeed at causing drama in OTHER fields of interest.

TheFa1thful and Puntosmx like this

I was about to watch it, but it says this:

"Top 10 Gaming Cont..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by BroTeamPill.

Who in the holy mother of fucking shit is BroTeamPill? That's such a random name!
Doshka17 likes this

That's what I want to know. Apparently I read a NeoGAF thread that said that BroTeamPill flagged the video. I don't like this. I never even heard of this guy and I feel that it may relate to the GamerGate issue. I hope this doesn't screw Joe over so he can get the video back.

Video was removed due to copyright from BroTeamPill. I now have very little respect for that entity and I will be googling them and publicly shaming them on the twitters.

Video was removed due to copyright from BroTeamPill. I now have very little respect for that entity and I will be googling them and publicly shaming them on the twitters.

No need, other people will do that. 

True, decided not twitter them. Wasn't worth the effort but I got a hecka good laugh at how 1995 the guys website was. I really really really want to post to him (which I won't because I'm boring) that "Website removed because edgy 1990's invisionpowerboards have copyright claimed your website." Honestly. Sorry I don't typically flame but its 2:18 A.M. (feeding the baby) and I find that website hilariously backwards looking. At least it gave me a skeletal middle finger for useing ad block which made my night. For the first time in my life, I have been called a hacker by a banner ad and I can't stop laughing it. Catch you guys later, hope this video gets reposted or this is straightened out and this guy gets blacklisted.

They're a group that did some developer interviews a while back and said they weren't pro-GG but were "anti anti-GG"

I guess they didn't like being portrayed as pro-GG so they're being copyright trolls. I'm in GamerGate because I oppose that sort of behavior.

Commissar Elusive likes this

Attention, Attention  AJSA Community & Angry Joe himself

Angry Joe's new video Top 10 Controversies of 2014 as been falsely copyright calmed by some company by the name of  BroTeamPhil, who the freak are these guys, what do they think their doin, oh thats right their not thinking, always this is so screwed up!!!

From Steven Saucedo aka thehunleyjn88 1/30/2015, 11:26PM Pacific Time

So, the video was cpyright-claimed by BroTeamPill. Whomever they are.
It seems like someone got angry at it.
Though, I read good things about it at Twitter.

Can we officially start a #boycottBroTeamPill thing or will that just give them attention? It's weird, that entity is so insignificant, I feel bad for not liking them. Mostly because they aren't worth any of my time. It's like a child throwing a fit and giving them attention. Just feeds into the negative behavior.

Ok, info.....
They're tweeting each other, if anyone is not following....

BroTeamPill copyrighted for this image:
https://twitter.com/SteeScribbles/status/561313717842116608/photo/1
And asked for the vid to be taken down (through email) for "the use of his logo" (you can see it to the left of Joe, half-hidden).
The thing is, the image was collaged by someone else.
Also, he claims no affiliation with GG, yet he WAS pro-GG back in november but seems anti-GG this january.
Probably that's why the logo was on that side when the image was made?

Yes, yes, I know.... no hashtag.... but I'm discussing the reason why BTP DMCAd the vid.... I won't mention it again. >_<¡

This is a good opportunity for the AJSA to band together to deal with this. AJ shouldn't have to deal with this. The channel is so small, this community can handle it. We are literally that strong. 
From what I saw of broblahblah tweets, he gave Joe about an hour to answer his claim. This is obviously a ploy to get more viewers on the channel. Any attention is good attention for smaller channels.

Jitterdoomer likes this

Hahaha i love the internet these days!

It's sad that I've watched a lot of BroTeam's videos and I have found them to be actually quite humerous.

Like this one

So... i'm a bit torn by this.

http://www.maker.tv/video/EVM90LtSB4lO/show/gaming/series/angryjoeshow

Here's one that isn't taken down. Thank /v/ for this.

Finally! I can see the video! Thanks man.

Here's the topics discussed in the 10 controversies by mr Joe in case you can't see the video for some reason:

10) That stupid game Hatred.

9) Twitch almost being bought by Google

8) Microsoft stops supporting Kinect (YES!!!)

7) The disastrous Game Jam controversy

6) A bunch of hackers that hacks into Microsoft called lizard whoever those retards are

5) Early Access games taking waaayyy too long to get out of early access

4) Shadow of Mordor having ridiculous shady practices like having early review copies only to people that will not say anything negative about the game

3) Microtransactions similar to most free to play iPhone games in big name games. NnnnnnnnnO! NnnnnnnnnO! Fuck that shit!

2) Swatting, aka false report prank calls to call in SWAT units to raid people by stupid retard cunts

And of course

1) One of the most stupid and pointless debate in gaming history that shouldn't be as big as it is if people use their brains. You know what it is. Hell, even mr Joe says it's completely pointless.

Great video overall. Lesson here: 2014 is definitely filled with incredibly retarded controversies. Let's hope that 2015 DON'T have these shits anymore. All that matters for us gamers are EXCELLENT GAMES, hilarious horrible game reviews like this

and anything related to the future of gaming that actually is related to gaming, not some fucking bullshit fashion magazine gossip nonsense that got out of control.

Finally! I can see the video! Thanks man.

Here's the topics discussed in the 10 controversies by mr Joe in case you can't see the video for some reason:

10) That stupid game Hatred.

9) Twitch almost being bought by Google

8) Microsoft stops supporting Kinect (YES!!!)

7) The disastrous Game Jam controversy

6) A bunch of hackers that hacks into Microsoft called lizard whoever those retards are

5) Early Access games taking waaayyy too long to get out of early access

4) Shadow of Mordor having ridiculous shady practices like having early review copies only to people that will not say anything negative about the game

3) Microtransactions similar to most free to play iPhone games in big name games. NnnnnnnnnO! NnnnnnnnnO! Fuck that shit!

2) Swatting, aka false report prank calls to call in SWAT units to raid people by stupid retard cunts

And of course

1) One of the most stupid and pointless debate in gaming history that shouldn't be as big as it is if people use their brains. You know what it is. Hell, even mr Joe says it's completely pointless.

Great video overall. Lesson here: 2014 is definitely filled with incredibly retarded controversies. Let's hope that 2015 DON'T have these shits anymore. All that matters for us gamers are EXCELLENT GAMES, hilarious horrible game reviews like this

and anything related to the future of gaming that actually is related to gaming, not some fucking bullshit fashion magazine gossip nonsense that got out of control.

Im watching it right now, and really, if they took it down because of one stupid logo, then thats just fucked up. Again people abusing the Youtube copyright claim system, as usual. Hell, at this rate, oh dear...I fear for the gaming channels of youtube. You have to be TotalBiscuit in order to prosper, or Jim Sterling.