• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Laserrifle125

I'm worried about The Division

24 posts in this topic

Why am I worried about The Division? It's because it's concept is very similar to Destiny (and we all what happened to it) and don't forget that Ubi was not exactly the best company of 2014.   

PC games in general are poorly optimized nowadays. Dying Light fried my i7 5820k because it put pressure on one core the whole time.

The game also stuttered like it had an endless seizure! Don't forget AC Unity. Far Cry 4 wasn't terribly unoptimized, it ran fine.

Well at the least, we can except there to be towers, lots of towers.

Why am I worried about The Division? It's because it's concept is very similar to Destiny (and we all what happened to it) and don't forget that Ubi was not exactly the best company of 2014.   

And if you somehow still don't know what happened to Destiny, it was a highly anticipated game that turned out to be a grindfest that barely had a meaningful story and had a lot of content that was cut into DLC.  

I'm worried about every game coming out after 2014 to be honest. 

I shouldn't have preordered Carma and Overgrowth.

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

From the moment I found out it was a multiplayer only game I lost interest.

Same for me. If it has single-player, I imagine that it'll be Destiny-esque.

It's so true that 2014 burned us all. I hope the gaming companies realize the mistakes they have made. They need to realize we don't want crappy additions to franchises. 2014 was the real first year for the new gen consoles, and we really got shafted with cruddy games with terrible mechanics, and companies that really don't care about what we want or request from the games we pay them to create. I really hope 2014 was a wake up call, especially for ubisoft. Just about every title those twats have released last year were buggy and rushed. I hope companies stop buying into this rush rush rush mentality just so they can hit the market and make a quick buck. take some time with development, don't be lazy or greedy. I think the backlash a lot of these companies received from the general public will make them realize we want quality, not quantity. 

That being said I am so careful about the games I buy into now. It's kind of a good thing this stuff happened. I will not be pre-ordering The Division. I am going to wait for solid reviews from reliable sources. I am flat out done wasting 60 dollars on a game that was super hyped. I should have known this concept to be true already, now I know for damn sure I can't trust the companies telling me how good their game is. 

Division is my saving grace game so it can't suck! But in all seriousness it is pretty much the only game that I've been psyched for other than Star Citizen. But with recent facts and decisions made by the all powerful game devs...I can't hold my breath anymore hoping it will be awesome.

Jitterdoomer likes this

Hopefully Ubisoft will have learn from their mistakes that they made by not putting microtransactions into their games, which made Next-Gen gaming will be happilly ever after, I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would mention EA and Activision as an inspiration of their business models when telling their mistakes during the interviews or a short rant in their blogs. We don't need another company to take their easy way out to the same level as EA and Activision, that's my wish for this upcoming year.

I'm betting it will be the same complaints all over again when this comes out.

From the moment I found out it was a multiplayer only game I lost interest.

But think of all the towers that will reveal part of the map!

Destiny's issues didnt come from its concept, but rather the development staff not working together/managemen issues...

Im not saying division is sure to be good, but im saying that while there may be many fair worries and doubts, concept was NOT ehat caused destiny to derp.

Destiny's issues didnt come from its concept, but rather the development staff not working together/managemen issues...

I agree - destiny itself was not a broken concept, just it's levelling mechanics and lack of content crippled it.

That said I don't need another Military FPS in my life, so unless this turns out to be gamesjesus it's hard for me to get interested in.

I've given up on anything Ubisoft related until they prove they can actually make good, working from the start, products.

Glaice and thedukeofzill like this

I've given up on anything Ubisoft related until they prove they can actually make good, working from the start, products.

I totally agree with this standpoint. Ubisoft needs to feel the hit to their wallets for the recent transgressions they have done. I am so done with Ubisoft release half-assed games and claiming the hype was worth it. Don't feed me shit and tell me It's ice cream. I will wait on purchasing The Division. Not because it will be close to the gameplay and mentality Destiny has, but because Ubisoft is in a shit situation with me. Watchdogs was the last straw, Ubisoft doesn't get a single dime from me unless they prove they deserve my money. If they come out with solid reviews and gameplay footage that is totally on the level and completely transparent, i'll consider it. But unless they meet these conditions I will not be giving them anything.  

I agree - destiny itself was not a broken concept, just it's levelling mechanics and lack of content crippled it.

That said I don't need another Military FPS in my life, so unless this turns out to be gamesjesus it's hard for me to get interested in.

I think it had a few more significant flaws. Loot was one..and I don't mean that it was random, I'm actually used to random loot.. getting burned by not getting the good drop after 200 runs, and seeing the new leech get it in 1 like 5 times in a row.. Yes that sucks, yes it's annoying, but It's relatively tolerable on its own.

My beef with loot was they were advertising the game as if collecting loot would be part of the game.. like diablo, you kill monsters, and you see loot, you open a treasure, you see loot, you turn in a quest, you get loot... you kill a boss, you get like 10 loots... in destiny, they toss a treasure chest at you in the tutorial... AND YOU NEVER SEE A DAMN TREASURE CHEST IN THE WHOLE GAME EVER AGAIN WDF.

Enemies don't drop loot... in the presentation, they did.

Bosses don't drop loot

Finishing an entire dungeon... gives you like 1 or 2, and you don't even get to see it as it drops, just some tiny little icon that goes away after, and you have to manually go thru your bags and find out what's new after.. fuck.. The absolute most boring uneventful loot system of all time in any fucking game EVER... SERIOUSLY. UGH

Then they were talking about what a massive open world it would be...Except it's not massive, or open...at all. And every single quest starting you off in the exact same spot... HOLY FUCK LOL.

Don't get me wrong.. I still think destiny is a GOOD game overall, I actually really enjoy playing it cuz the gunplay feels really solid, and it style is nice, and the sound is nice...But...They just...I dunno.. they just scrambled everything else.

Yeah I was sort of referring to the Looting in the levelling mechanics as they are so tightly knit (who the hell thought THAT was a good idea?)

I've said this to people before - I fell like a battered spouse when it comes to Destiny, I know it's no good for me but I keep crawling back....

I do not expect that game to be good. I mean, I -expect- it to get good reviews, because every AAA gets good reviews when they're new, but about a month after they come out everyone realises how crap they are, or in Ubisoft's case even sooner *cough*Watch Dogs, AC Unity*cough*

Oh yeah, and if you're thinking about getting The Division or any Ubisoft game on PC, don't! They outsource all the PC optimisation because they're convinced 90% of all PC gamers are pirates.

Here's how my method of thinking works, regarding ALL games. They're all going to suck, and they will continue to such until the reviews come out and people actually play them.

I'm more worried mainly because it's coming from Ubisoft...Don't get me wrong most of the Tom Clancy games I've enjoyed from them, but recent titles with Ubisoft has left me very uneasy with purchasing a game from them.

Game play wise I feel there's only so much you can do in NYC, and I feel that it will be difficult to flesh out dungeons or what ever thing similar down the lines they'll do. I really have no idea how they'll put it all together. Honestly I'd rather have a dark and gritty single player/multiplayer game of seeing what happens when the world goes to hell in a hand basket that isn't a zombie game.

It is an Ubisuck game so it will be only work 80% at best at launch and probably need a whole year of patches to make it work as intended. For me, I will buy it after one year of its release at one of those Steam or Greenmangaming sales. But the game definitely need paid beta tester at launch...

I have faith in The Division because I have yet to see an awful Tom Clancy game. Sure, there are others that I like less than most, but all are at a different level than Ubisoft.