• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

thedukeofzill

The Order 1886

35 posts in this topic

I'm getting a little antsy/worried about the Order 1886. When I first heard word of this game a long time ago, it sounded amazing. The hype behind this game in the last year has been insane. Since this last year in gaming, I have learned (as well as other gamers have i'm sure,) that the hype, more often than not, is never a true representation of how a game will actually turn out. 

I have been seeing reviews like this one here pop up all over the place: 

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/playstation-3/order-1886-gameplay-preview-impressions/

These lukewarm outlooks on the order are making me worry even more. By what I gather, people who have received a preview code of this game seem to say almost the same things. It's a solid action title, but rather bland and not very new or innovating. Has anyone here actually had some hands on experience with this title? I'm really wondering how it will turn out. 

This year I will not be pre-ordering any titles. After last years shoddy display of triple A titles, and BS pre-order incentives, I will no longer pay for a game I have not had a chance to either demo or, watch a reliable source demo. So, i'm being VERY careful on what titles I shell out the 60 dollars for. Any insight on this game would be much appreciated. 

I'll wait for the reviews from the likes of MWN, AngryJoe, ect. And the general consensus of the game before I buy it.

thedukeofzill likes this

I agree. I'm just worried that this will be yet another major title for the new gen that's going to be all hype and no product. I'm not buying into hype anymore. After last year, these companies and news websites have lost my trust (not speaking about #GG btw.) I'm not buying a single title unless I know its got the goods I require for my 60 dollar investment. 

So reviews for the game are coming in. And they are mostly mixed. The gameplay and story is being praised but qte and not enough of the gameplay. Apparently there is to much story over gameplay which is crippling the game. Main complaint is that it has little gameplay with the time given to complete the game.I am on the fence about getting it. Jim sterlings review of the game was spot on I believe. Sequel incoming????

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/02/the-order-1886-review/

Man this game is getting hammered. It's sad to see really. I'm not sure if it will be declared Ryse Son of Rome bad, but it's not good. Right now it's at a 65 Meta rating and Ryse is at a 61  

I'll eventually get it... when it's offered as free game for Playstation Plus.

Man this game is getting hammered. It's sad to see really. I'm not sure if it will be declared Ryse Son of Rome bad, but it's not good. Right now it's at a 65 Meta rating and Ryse is at a 61  

You might say this game is getting hammered and can be compared to Ryse BUT it is getting more positive reviews then Ryse and this game is getting mixed opinions everywhere 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886

Currently The order has 25 positive reviews. Ryse Son of Rome only had 8. If you read the reviews they are all mixed around. People say that the story is very well done and the gunplay is solid but the biggest points off is how they executed the gameplay and the cut scene because they tried to make the game more cinematic. It's getting mixed opinions everywhere, from Game Informer listing the same complaints but also giving the same positives and giving the game a 7.75 while IGN had listed the same complaints and same positives but giving the game a 6.5. 

We are also basing our opinion off critics, it's how one person views a game. There is one review for The Order giving it a 95 and there is another one giving it a 20. Again guys these are critics, we need to see how customers view it. By years end i guarantee it will be a PS+ membership game though or it will be 20 bucks when the summer hits. I am not sure if this game will sell well. This game has had to much bad press to deal with. 

You might say this game is getting hammered and can be compared to Ryse BUT it is getting more positive reviews then Ryse and this game is getting mixed opinions everywhere 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886

Currently The order has 25 positive reviews. Ryse Son of Rome only had 8. If you read the reviews they are all mixed around. People say that the story is very well done and the gunplay is solid but the biggest points off is how they executed the gameplay and the cut scene because they tried to make the game more cinematic. It's getting mixed opinions everywhere, from Game Informer listing the same complaints but also giving the same positives and giving the game a 7.75 while IGN had listed the same complaints and same positives but giving the game a 6.5. 

We are also basing our opinion off critics, it's how one person views a game. There is one review for The Order giving it a 95 and there is another one giving it a 20. Again guys these are critics, we need to see how customers view it. By years end i guarantee it will be a PS+ membership game though or it will be 20 bucks when the summer hits. I am not sure if this game will sell well. This game has had to much bad press to deal with. 

When something like that happens i immidiatelly suspect all positive reviews thinking they may be brought, strange thing is IGN grave it a kinda mixed result (6.5), thats like someone forgot to send them the check or they send it and its really out of the charts bad.

I think we have to wait for Joe to review it... ill highly recommend against buy it at full price in the meantime.

2/5 to 65/100 from basically anyone who matters and actually talks about the game. Pretty much every high score review I read is incredibly short (and from sites I've never heard of) and waste time writing a paragraph of the back of the games box description, a paragraph about length, and two paragraphs saying it looks really good, also the game plays fine, 80-90. I haven't really even seen one doing much praising of the story, the low scoring reviews seem to say it's cliche and nothing interesting. The high reviews seem to say, it sets things and characters up nicely, for the likely planned trilogy. Ending a six hour game with sequel bait sounds more like a negative.

Ending a six hour game with sequel bait sounds more like a negative.

The world we live in.

I've seen the reviews and personally I thought some of it's a bit unfair. While myself will probably rate it at 7-7.5 because of it's flaws (especially the ending) I think 4 for this just harsh, a lot of them are basing them on some checklist in which a game should have (level up, new game plus, etc) and not on it's own merit. Again it's their opinion but I think I got a big disconnect with reviews nowadays given that I loved DriveClub and liked Ryse (bought this one cheap on PC though) both are critically panned. I'm glad a game like this exists and offers some variety to AAA space which seems to be filled with big worlds with tons of collectible nowadays, which I liked but it's getting a bit stale (especially from Ubi's side). I played the game and personally loved my time with it, it's such a beautiful and gorgeous world and imo it's probably the best looking game right now even including the pc, at least base on what I have played. The gameplay is actually good although it lacks variety and I wish there was more gun fights to be honest. The biggest negatives though are the ending which left some of the questions unanswered and the lack of replayability. 

At least the game is bad for the right reasons?

By which I mean, it's not buggy or broken, (Assassins Creed Unity)  isn't a DLC launch platform (Evolve, Destiny) and isn't a broken promise (Watch_Dogs)

It's the experience the developers wanted it to be but that experience in itself is kind of flawed. Which is a damn shame considering how many other decent games are ruined by whatthefuckery.

At least the game is bad for the right reasons?

By which I mean, it's not buggy or broken, (Assassins Creed Unity)  isn't a DLC launch platform (Evolve, Destiny) and isn't a broken promise (Watch_Dogs)

It's the experience the developers wanted it to be but that experience in itself is kind of flawed. Which is a damn shame considering how many other decent games are ruined by whatthefuckery.

Yep it's really polished compared every AAA game I played for the last year which has some form a bug or another (Halo MCC *ahem* it's been 4 months already and me and my cousin can't play properly yet on mp). They stuck with what they wanted to prioritize on their game and I think they succeeded although the critics didn't like it. Hopefully it doesn't mean that we'll get less 'cinematic' games like this from now on and I do hope we'll have the a better sequel because the lore is so great.

I just played 2 hours of this. This game is actually enjoyable.

• Best looking game on PS4 right now.
  • Gunplay is satisfying and good variety on weapons.
  • Story is interesting, and the Lore is also fantastic.
  • Sequel may also be better.
  • Not a lot of QTEs, more button prompts than any.
  • Smooth running game (for 30FPS), no framerate drops.
  • Very polished game, no bugs or glitches currently.

I never played Gears, so I cannot say. But I could compare this to either Uncharted 1, or Max Payne 3. However, MP3 had less control than Order, and Uncharted 1 may be a bit longer, but I beat UC1 at around 8-10 hours.

If you are fine with a very linear TPS, then this will strike your fancy. I heavily recommend playing this on Hard with NO AUTO AIM.

P.S. Two hours and I'm still at the beginning chapters.

Im dont care what reviewers ore peapol think about the order, som say that the order is good ant others say its bad. Im go to by the order, if im like it im keep it if im dont like it im sel it :)

Here's a challenge for you, bet yourself you can make it through the entire length of this video without facepalming.

ReviewTechUSA did his own analysis of this as well!

Edited by Crazycrab

Here's a challenge for you, bet yourself you can make it through the entire length of this video without facepalming.

ReviewTechUSA and HipHopGamer should be ignored to be honest. These guys usually make clickbait-y videos and spread misinformation, there's a lot of more youtubers out there who deserve the views.

Ok, just beat the game.

It's actually good. Then it ended. :(

I am still debating on getting it. Colt was it worth the 60 dollar price tag?

For me, I was fine with paying 60 dollars. The gunplay was really good, I mean REALLY GOOD.

Then it ended so abruptly. :(

This is from another thread that I talked more about the game....

Orpo, on 20 Feb 2015 - 2:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Is it as bad as people are saying?

Actually no. In fact, the game is actually pretty damn good.

The gunplay is remarkable, very fun and satisfying. Story is interesting, lore is remarkable. Great voice acting and interesting characters. Graphics and art design is very good. Music and visuals keeps you immersed in a very atmospheric game. Easily THE best looking game on PS4 right now.

Very well polished game, no bugs or glitches. For a 30FPS game, framerate is smooth as butter, no framerate drops.

Not a lot of QTE's, there are more button prompts than those.

However, the game doesn't have a lot of action TPS moments. Not to mention that the game ended abruptly with resolutions left unanswered. It's like if Ready At Dawn felt ashamed with their gunplay that they decided to show as little as possible. Same for story. It sucks because the story is actually interesting and the gunplay is very well done. :(

All in all, it's worth a look. I quite enjoyed the game.

Length of game may vary, but I heavily recommend playing it on Hard difficulty with auto aim turned off. I managed to beat it in 8 hours.

Like I said, I was fine with paying 60, but I'm not sure for you. So I hope you are fine with a very cinematic linear shooter.

I will try to get around to it. I love games with a story to surprise and impress me. I have quite a few games to play still so I have to buy the Order soon, I don't want to forget about it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Well here's Blunty playing through the first thirty minutes of it:

At the end of the video he says that he played more of it.