• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Going through withdrawal...

15 posts in this topic

I have completed Skyrim, quite a while ago. I didn't know what to do with myself! So, I started playing it again with a different character. However, it just wasn't the same because I knew everything that was going to happen now... Which means Skyrim is over...

frodoNOOOOO_zps3597b312.gif

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! SKYRIM, WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Literally don't know what to do with my life anymore...

tumblr_inline_mu4a0kRthZ1qhenwk.gif

Do I even exist? What is life?

SKYRIMMMM!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So yeah... anyone else feel this way? How do you overcome the withdrawal? <3

I have completed Skyrim, quite a while ago. I didn't know what to do with myself! So, I started playing it again with a different character. However, it just wasn't the same because I knew everything that was going to happen now... Which means Skyrim is over...

frodoNOOOOO_zps3597b312.gif

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! SKYRIM, WHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Literally don't know what to do with my life anymore...

tumblr_inline_mu4a0kRthZ1qhenwk.gif

Do I even exist? What is life?

SKYRIMMMM!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So yeah... anyone else feel this way? How do you overcome the withdrawal? <3

Well the best way to combat that withdrawal is to try different game. Have you played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? Did you finish Dragon's Dogma? You could even try using the steam workshop to mod Skyrim into a entirely different experience. If that doesn't interest you then try playing one of the supported or unofficially supported games on AJSA with the other members to see if you might like any of our selection. If you want more suggestions come join us on teamspeak sometime. I am usually in the final fantasy 14 channel. However, there are usually a long list of users online at any one time. So join us some time and maybe we can give you better suggestion to help with your withdrawal. 

~Eiousx

Lhouraii likes this

Well the best way to combat that withdrawal is to try different game. Have you played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas? Did you finish Dragon's Dogma? You could even try using the steam workshop to mod Skyrim into a entirely different experience. If that doesn't interest you then try playing one of the supported or unofficially supported games on AJSA with the other members to see if you might like any of our selection. If you want more suggestions come join us on teamspeak sometime. I am usually in the final fantasy 14 channel. However, there are usually a long list of users online at any one time. So join us some time and maybe we can give you better suggestion to help with your withdrawal. 

~Eiousx

I'm currently playing Dragons Dogma - I've almost completed it. I still miss Skyrim though1 >_< I wish there was a game similar to it! I really cannot wait until the next Elder Scrolls.

Omg, actually! I've just realised - I've never played Oblivion! The only Elder Scrolls game I've played is Skyrim - do you think it's worth playing Oblivion? Is it good?

Thanks for helping! :D <3

I'm currently playing Dragons Dogma - I've almost completed it. I still miss Skyrim though1 >_< I wish there was a game similar to it! I really cannot wait until the next Elder Scrolls.

Omg, actually! I've just realised - I've never played Oblivion! The only Elder Scrolls game I've played is Skyrim - do you think it's worth playing Oblivion? Is it good?

Thanks for helping! :D <3

Oblivion is a great game. The combat isn't as well done as Skyrim but that's to be expected from a game that came out well before. I think you will have fun. There is plenty to explore in Oblivion. So if you give it a try I think you will have a great time. There are plenty of guides out on if you need help as there is quite a bit of content in Oblivion. You're always welcome. If you would like more of my opinion feel free to message me or give teamspeak a try. 

~Eiousx

Lhouraii likes this

Oblivion is a great game. The combat isn't as well done as Skyrim but that's to be expected from a game that came out well before. I think you will have fun. There is plenty to explore in Oblivion. So if you give it a try I think you will have a great time. There are plenty of guides out on if you need help as there is quite a bit of content in Oblivion. You're always welcome. If you would like more of my opinion feel free to message me or give teamspeak a try. 

~Eiousx

Thank you so much! I'll try it out then! Yay, I can't wait!

By the way, I don't know what 'Teamspeak' is - I've heard about it lots, obviously - but I've no idea what it is - could you tell me, please? <3

Thank you so much! I'll try it out then! Yay, I can't wait!

By the way, I don't know what 'Teamspeak' is - I've heard about it lots, obviously - but I've no idea what it is - could you tell me, please? <3

Teamspeak is the voice chat system that our community uses in order to play multiple games together. If you go onto our main webpage there is a teamspeak image link just below the featured video section on the right. There's a bit more to it but essentially it's just a voice chat service that allows a large number of people to have the ability to talk with many others in voice chat.

~Eiousx

Lhouraii likes this

Teamspeak is the voice chat system that our community uses in order to play multiple games together. If you go onto our main webpage there is a teamspeak image link just below the featured video section on the right. There's a bit more to it but essentially it's just a voice chat service that allows a large number of people to have the ability to talk with many others in voice chat.

~Eiousx

Oh cool, thanks! :D <3

Oblivion is a great game, personally one of my favorite Elder Scroll games. After you finish Oblivion you can give Morrowind a try too, it's before Oblivion. 

One very similar game series is Fallout. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are made by the same guys who made Skyrim, although Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 came from late 90s, the company fell apart and Bethesda bought the rights to keep on making their games, thus came Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

They are like Skyrim games only set in a post apocalyptic world. Although it's not fantasy, there is still a lot to do, tons of side quests and tons to explore. You can try from Fallout 1 or from Fallout 2. Fallout 1 imo isn't nearly as good as F2 but if you want to get into the story, you can play it. Or you can just start from Fallout 3 and then move to Fallout New Vegas IF you would even like the setting. I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic but I know that's not everyone's best taste. :P

There aren't that many games similar to Skyrim sadly, well not with that huge open world with such things to do. Only ones that come close to it are Fallout games.

If you don't want Fallout games, then try out Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Morrowind. 

Did you get a PC maybe? :P

If so, I would recommend you mods for PC. With mods you can keep Skyrim alive, I've been playing it since it's release in 2011. 

Lhouraii likes this

Oblivion is a great game, personally one of my favorite Elder Scroll games. After you finish Oblivion you can give Morrowind a try too, it's before Oblivion. 

One very similar game series is Fallout. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are made by the same guys who made Skyrim, although Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 came from late 90s, the company fell apart and Bethesda bought the rights to keep on making their games, thus came Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

They are like Skyrim games only set in a post apocalyptic world. Although it's not fantasy, there is still a lot to do, tons of side quests and tons to explore. You can try from Fallout 1 or from Fallout 2. Fallout 1 imo isn't nearly as good as F2 but if you want to get into the story, you can play it. Or you can just start from Fallout 3 and then move to Fallout New Vegas IF you would even like the setting. I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic but I know that's not everyone's best taste. :P

There aren't that many games similar to Skyrim sadly, well not with that huge open world with such things to do. Only ones that come close to it are Fallout games.

If you don't want Fallout games, then try out Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Morrowind. 

Did you get a PC maybe? :P

If so, I would recommend you mods for PC. With mods you can keep Skyrim alive, I've been playing it since it's release in 2011. 

I would never have even considered playing the Fallout games, but you do make them sound really fun.

I think I'll buy the 3rd one and give that a go! I really don't like games like that but I didn't think I'd like Borderlands and I loved it so...

Nope! I still don't have a gaming PC, I suck! Haha >_< I'm more of a console games, honestly - I feel like being too close to a computer screen often is bad for eyes/skin - with consoles I can sit further away from the tv screen. <3

Oh wow You've never played Oblivion or the Fallout games huh. Damn, I wish I could forget them so I could go back and play them over again! Masterpieces! You are in for a huge treat, especially if you were a Skyrim fan. There are tons of extra content and DLC's for both oblivion and the fallout series, those should keep you busy for a very long while. Also, have you tried other franchises? Mass effect, or Dragon Age? Both good titles. Granted, they aren't the giant open world sandbox that the Elder Scrolls games are, but if you are looking for awesome RPG's with good story development and character depth, Bioware used to be second to none. Bioware kinda fell off the map in the last few years, but their older titles were unmatched. 

RookieRic and Lhouraii like this

Morrowind > Oblivion. It is a bit older but much better in my opinion.

Alexander452 likes this

Nah not really. I didn't love it as much as everyone else.

My childhood was Oblivion. Spent so much time on that game!

Skyrim Withdrawal symptoms, eh? I've gone through that after I finished Skyrim for the third time on 360 and since I sold my 360 so I can get a PS4, so I can't Skyrim anymore (I'm planning to re-buy Skyrim on PC, because mods), but I did begin to get over these symptoms after I started to expand the list of the games I play (I still miss Skyrim though).

Here's a list of games that helped me get over my withdrawal symptoms:

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas. If I were to describe these 2 games in one sentence, then the sentence would be: The Elder Scrolls with guns. Don't get me wrong, there not re-skins of ES, there just very similar. 

Dragon age: Inquisition. 

The Mass effect trilogy

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Xcom: Enemy within 

Lhouraii likes this

Are you a farcry fan? It's obviously a far cry from Skyrim (sorry!) but I really enjoyed 2,3,4 very much and it has a lot of the open world feel that Elder Scroll games have.

Also, how into beautiful modern graphics are you? If you can concentrate on substance over window dressing I would strongly suggest you go further back than oblivion and play Morrowind first (TES3) It hasn't aged that badly and is a really incredible game with some great quests and storylines.

Lhouraii likes this