• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Best Fallout Game?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Fallout Game?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I've just been convinced to play Fallout, since it has similarities to Skyrim. However, I'm unsure which one to try. I thought I should just play the newest, but I know all too well that newer doesn't necessarily mean better. 

I really want to like this game, so which one would you suggest I play? <3

If you want similarities to Skyrim in the Fallout lure, It's got to be Fallout 3 then/or New Vegas. If you play on PC though, be aware of a major glitch with Fallout 3 when played on PC's with multi core processors as it won't play.

Lhouraii likes this

I've only played 3 and New Vegas and of the 2 I would recommend 3 with the DLC.

Lhouraii likes this

I'm on Xbox, if that matters?

I've only played 3 and New Vegas and of the 2 I would recommend 3 with the DLC.

Is the DLC available on console and is it free? <3

On console, the multi core problem won't matter.

If you get the GOTY edition, the DLC expansions will come with it. They are worth getting either way though.

The DLC is available on console unless it's been removed from the XBox Live store, it is an older game. Try to find a copy of the GOTY edition, it's all included.

EDIT:  Seems that shagger beat me to answer! LoL!

Fallout 2 is better written, has better lore, characters, locations, gameplay, and more ways to play. It's nothing like Skyrim though so I'd say play New Vegas as I thought it was better than 3 in every way, and had good or at least interesting DLC, while Fallout 3's DLC was pretty awful for the most part.

One major game missing from the poll: Fallout Tactics is probably the best one from the pre-Bethesda era.

Hm, 'Fallout New Vegas' is winning but only by one vote. 

Thank you all for your help, I might leave it a little longer to see if anyone else has an opinion to add but, if not, I'll go buy 'Fallout New Vegas' - I can't wait!

Thank you! <3

One major game missing from the poll: Fallout Tactics is probably the best one from the pre-Bethesda era.

I thought I was the only guy who liked tactics, egads.

I thought I was the only guy who liked tactics, egads.

Oh no. We are not the only ones at all.

Never heard someone say it was the best one, but it is good.

The other Fallout game missing is Brotherhood of Steel, which is one of the worst games I've ever played (not on the PC though).

I liked fallout 3 more, but New Vegas was more technically sound

Why are the Bethesda games getting so many votes? It seems pretty strange to group those together with the original TBS games. Fallout was a post nuclear strategy game after all... Until Bethesda gots their hands on it that is! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of their RPGs and I guess theior Fallout games are fine but they didn't feel right to me because they didn't feel like fallout. 

If anything, Wasteland 2 is probably the best Fallout game as Fallout was only ever trying to be a spiritual successor to the original. And now the original is back and has done away with all that FPS nonsense I think either that or (using the actual poll options!) Fallou 1 are the best examples of a Fallout game. Far cry 3 was Skyrim with guns. Fallout 3 did the same thing but IMO not as well. But I'm biased of course because I'm a strategy fan rather than a FPSer sooo just my 2p I guess!

No spoliers here as most people know what factions are in game, but incase they dont ive put it to spoilers.

Im a mixed bag on this, i liked the originals, even the BoS spin off, but as for the new ones, 3 and vegas, i really liked 3, infact i liked the world more so than vegas, problem is vegas just seems like theres more to it.. and it feels more like fallout, i really wanted the BoS in F3 to be badass and secretive, sadly the story for them wasnt that great, they were made whiney somehow, and the fact there outcasts (who technically were now back to proper BoS style) had "0" story to them, even though they had a great base you could sneak in and look around. I wish there was more meat to the bones and a ability to rejoin the two factions. The BoS in vegas got a poor start too but at least they were sticking to the BoS ethos.

But yeah Vegas main and overall story was much more entertaining for me, just a shame it didnt have the same feel as capital wasteland.

(Guess which faction im more prone to?)

Never heard someone say it was the best one, but it is good.

The other Fallout game missing is Brotherhood of Steel, which is one of the worst games I've ever played (not on the PC though).

All that respect i had for you.. gone. Lol. BoS .. ahh at least i loved you.