• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

jebby

rts what games do you want events for

41 posts in this topic

this topic is for poeple to rely with games they want events for 

for the games (you must have the game to rely as we need people with the games to play in the events )(THEY HAVE TO RTS FOR THIS TOPIC)

Blitzkrieg MAN and Oktarnash like this

Well I believe picking games most have would be best, at least for now. 

I would like to recommend we try maybe some Starcraft 2 skirmish match events with team battles and free for all.

Also,  maybe a command and conquer title as well. I'm not sure which to pick as I enjoy most of them. Maybe Red Alert 2.

Those are just a couple of suggestions to get rolling. Of course there is a plethora of RTS titles we can use so I am looking forward to our new strategy game events. 

I'm DEFINITELY down for some SCII. (Don't forget to message me if you're playing on US servers. I got an active clan set up)

Company of Heroes 1 & 2

Dawn of War 1 & 2

(I would like Settlers 7, but I don't think anyone has time for that XD )

Company of heroes and the dawn of war games are the only larger multiplayer strategy games I currently have so i'll go with them. Oh and I have RUSE as well but havent tried it out since i got it in a steam sale. I would have suggested star wars: empire at war but heard the multiplayer servers went down. Those woulda been some sweet space battles :'(

I'll check it out. I have the game so once steam finished downloading it I'll boot it up and let you know the status of the multiplayer servers

Well, the online servers are down, but that does not mean we can't play together. It is possible to use a program to make our PCs think they are on the same network, allowing LAN play. (I used to do this all the time with Starcraft way back when)

Then i definately recommend empire at war for an event because of spehss battles. Particularly the mods for them for clone wars and increased unit cap

I'd be down for that. If there's enough people up for it, I'll make a guide on getting the game to work via LAN option.

I'd fangirl over some C&C

GLXLynx likes this

I would be down for most games mentioned in this thread.

I would be down for most games mentioned in this thread.

Is there anything you might be interested in seeing that we haven't discussed yet? There are tons of great strategy games so it is difficult to pick a handful that we can shape events around for the time being.

I think planetary annihilation would be interestring, but i dont think alot of the people play it.                                                                                   And for the rest, as i said i'm in for the rest mentioned in the thread :P

Planetary Annihilation is good, its pretty much supreme commander 3.

The rest of the mentions are primarily hardcore RTS - other than AoE2. SC2 barely has ANY variation in what you can use to be good at the game; most of it costs too much for you to manage through being rushed by someone else or to successfully enjoy the detail in battles, or have large scale wars.

There are AoM events; or at least I have seen one. Now that is a game for everyone to enjoy; the advantage of the scenario builder with all of its triggers and events... If you have played it since it came out you would know some great online "game modes" - The RPG maps where you level units and buy upgrades with gold you get from kills... Mythodea, myth war, original castle blood... Deku; individual players play as characters from the Zelda series and have different units... 

Empire at War was a good one to consider, mainly due to the length of the games, where you are trying to take a few planets and then the other guy takes your planets...

Of course its all dependant on what you prefer to play. I dont mind starcraft but as I said it is VERY linear. I prefer things like age of empires because where it has the rush options and civilisations that enhance those rush priorities you can also turtle effectively, build a nice looking city or a large upgraded army to trample someone.

Supreme commander is the game of the choosing, talk about a long match like Civ but live action combat like Planetary Annihilation just on a much larger scale! The economy is easy to learn for new comers and if you don't like we can play without it!!  

trick77 and tiberis like this

Here's a few good candidates:

C&C: Red alert 3

Starcraft 2 

C&C: Red alert 2

Dawn of war

Company of heroes 

each are excellent choices and might have events for them on a later date, thats all I can say for now.

tigergaj and Altvonso like this

I dunno why C&C:TS is so overlooked. My personal favorite in the entire series.

I dunno why C&C:TS is so overlooked. My personal favorite in the entire series.

There is a free version of the game that has only multiplayer where we can do some events (I do lose a lot to tank and aircraft spammers though)  

Ooooh! I did not know this! That makes me happy.

Actually, Tiberian Sun (with Firestorm) itself is entirely free as of February 2010, released as such by EA, not just the multiplayer version.

Fans have tweaked the TS release (as EA did a somewhat sloppy job): http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

Also, modern PCs need this: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3438.0

It even has good multiplayer support on CnCNet: http://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun

GLXLynx likes this

even happier. I love this game to death

Definitely the original company of heroes.