• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoldierOfGaming

50KB is NOT Enough for a Profile Picture!

30 posts in this topic

I'm posting this because I can't add my own custom made icon which looks really good with the Angry Army, but sadly 50KB is not enough. I know I'm not only speaking for myself, other fellow members have the same problem. I'm not asking for a 1GB limit but maybe 200KB or 100KB would be much better!

-Vista       :D    

' and StarkCircumstances like this

Hmm, that is sad. It seems that most people have done fine with the limit, me included. Why exactly is your image that big?

SoldierOfGaming likes this

I agree that it is pretty small, but we just have to make do for now.

I'm posting this because I can't add my own custom made icon which looks really good with the Angry Army, but sadly 50KB is not enough. I know I'm not only speaking for myself, other fellow members have the same problem. I'm not asking for a 1GB limit but maybe 200KB or 100KB would be much better!

Just change the image format and lower the image quality.That is what i did.

I sort of agree with all parties. It would be more convenient for a higher tolerance, but almost everyone managed it. But in the end, I think the convenience wins.

Hmm, that is sad. It seems that most people have done fine with the limit, me included. Why exactly is your image that big?

The reason it's so big is because I drew a most of it on my Note 2 and there is no way ( that i can find ) to lower the size of the Drawing's, I tried saving as a  Jpeg and using the lowest setting but it saves as a 70KB file :( .

The reason it's so big is because I drew a most of it on my Note 2 and there is no way ( that i can find ) to lower the size of the Drawing's, I tried saving as a  Jpeg and using the lowest setting but it saves as a 70KB file :( .

Put it on your computer, open it with Photoshop or Paint.net (idk what you have). Lower the size and you should be fine

If you use this link you can find a lot of them online for free! http://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+image+resizer

You can always adjust the size of it. Mines on 8bit 19KB. did it with paint.net

WOW paint.net never even crossed my mind when I was doing the Icon, thanks so much for the help. I'm still going to have the post up because it would be nice to have the option to upload better looking images on AJSA, and maybe just maybe Joe may see this post and could raise the file size for the icon :D

-Vista Signing Out

Thanks for the help!

I don't see the problem. It would be nicer if it was bigger, but this isn't facebook and a lot of forums have a 50kb limit. We can make due

I have no problems if it becomes a bigger file size.

What size do most sites have it as?

Current size is fine for me.

post the link to your picture and i can get it under 50kb for you

Half of my avatars i used were like 167kb or higher some were even 700+

Ok nevermind I figured it out, you can easily resize your image in paint or any other photo editor. Although having a larger size than 50kb would be nice still. 

It would be nice to have more size.

Thats what she said "budum dum tsh"  j/k

I only find it an issue when I want to use a GIF as my icon, but I can't because it's next to impossible to find GIFs that are 50kb that someone isn't already using.

What size do most sites have it as?

Youtube has a megabyte i think which is plenty!

Youtube has a megabyte i think which is plenty!

YouTube also has billions of dollars of infrastructure.

You cant enlarge these avatars any more, so might as well shrink is down to like 200x200 or something.

YouTube also has billions of dollars of infrastructure.

You cant enlarge these avatars any more, so might as well shrink is down to like 200x200 or something.

Yeah you have a point but I still would not mind seeing even 100kb instead of 50kb