• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CookieArcher

highest unemployment rate since 1953!

14 posts in this topic

how f*cked up is this?

i write 5 to 10 job applies per week and mostly  get an auto response with "thank you for your mail!..."

the unemployed rate is actually around 8% in austria (highest since 1953).

in past i got some job interviews but 9 out of 10 companies are totaly small-minded. they search for the best of the best with a small payment.

just like backend development WITH transcoding skills WITH the ability to travell often WITH editing skills and with this and with that...

are they all stupid? last company searched for a moderator that also can administer the whole IT (3 server and many clients).

they search for the needle inside the haystack.

now i  send out some more applications until 1 march and if i dont get a job i STOP it and try to realise a business idea.

i am realy angry -.-

we have no obama :blink:

most companies rationalize the staff. 4..5..6.. jobs in past are now often ONE!

no chance to work in a company if you "only" meet 8 out of 10 requirements. ... no! you need 10 out of 10.

zero compromise.

Good luck trying to find a job here in florida. They are unbelievably racist here. Unless you are black or hispanic  you can forget ever finding a job here!

Abedsbrother likes this

Same here in Washington state, USA. You have to be Latino / Asian and female to land a job. I've sent out applications for almost everything - from post office jobs to grocery store jobs - but have yet to land anything.

but in US you have more choices cause  all speak the same language (canada included).

in EU you have NO choices cause you travel 200 miles and speak a totaly different language.

i was long long time ago 4 months in barcelona (spain) - 95% give a f*ck to learn english. you need to learn spain :D

so welcome to EU - apply for a better job? nice! you speak perfect - english, spain, french, german, polish, italian? NOT? sorry we have nothing for you!

btw. actually i have one pending job... maybe they call me; maybe not. i dont know.

HR said they put it forward to the speciality department and wait for a response. happened already one week ago.

damn it. if i find nothing until march i give a **** .

i already said to the job center that i will take a longer journey if i find nothing until march.

but the problem is - then i get also no money from them. jobless people getting minimum 800€ from state austria but only if they are "willing to work". this means you have to apply for open jobs and be inside (austria). you also have to visit the job center 1 or 2 times per month with a report. if you dont do this you get kicked (this means no money).

so far so good.

maybe i ll visit east coast USA for 3 month cause i have enough safed money left on my bank.

tourist visum i need  :D

i have a job interview next week but i said i can only handle 2-3 points out of 7.

they write job descriptions for one person including 3 different types of branches.

who ever could do this?

unix administration WITH streaming WITH front-end development WITH video editing WITH protocol configurations and some more points.

for such a thing you need around  3 people - i applied for codecs knowledge  and editing and playlist and streaming services.

okey - now i apply for a job in australia (kangaroos) - the austrian (no kangaroos) goverment is building a tourist department in sydney and search for marketing-web people promoting austria in australia. sounds kinda interesting :).

problem is there are way too many humans on the planet for everyone to be able to easily find a job. even bigger problem is because of this, a lot of jobs that you thought would pay a lot of money end up paying almost nothing.

in europe at least, all kinds of jobs from all areas generally have this attitude nowadays: the maximum pay is the minimum pay. they only pay the minimum wage because that's the law. most companies would never allow you any kind of higher salary than that.

i did IT at college and i was always told, and upon some research, that IT technician jobs generally pay between £16k to £18k per year before tax. when i got out of college and got my first job, all i got was £14k a year. i was there for almost 2 years and i basically showed them other jobs in the area being advertised for a bit more money, so they budged and only then upped me to a higher salary, but a few months later the company decided to make everyone redudant due to the "economy".

my wife has done a 3 year diploma at college for beauty therapy and holistics and got the highest grades. her profession is a trade that does not require a degree for a decent entry into the profession at  a decent salary... but check around... every single beauty therapy job for a woman pays pretty much minimum wage. she makes no more than £12k a year before tax. after tax she brings home less than £1000 a month.

most people who are single and live in a basic apartment in the UK cannot even live on just £1000 a month. almost half of that goes out on just rent alone. then theres car tax, council tax, insurances... the list goes on. in the end all the food you can afford is cereals and some bread at most. and you can generally forget about luxuries like gaming or going out.

most people do these things despite their terrible salaries because the bank often gives people overdrafts, loans, credit cards... and thus you have an economy of humans not being paid enough, not enough jobs for them, and when it comes to making the economy move around, people do it by using debt money to buy things.

in the end what happened some years ago with the recession will only repeat itself. the banks will collapse once again and will stop lending money, then the people who used borrowed money to buy things, wont be able to. then the companies who rely on people to buy things with debt money, wont be able to sell and stay in business and the fucking cycle continues.

end of the day the problem is way too many people. the planet is saturated with people who want everything, and not enough business to give people everything.

one day in the future this will become so bad that wars will happen and eventually the planet will probably become 1 country, with 1 leader, no religion, everyone speaking the same language, and no money... resources are just taken, things get made, people get given things for free, free house, free food.,.. no work to do, just enjoy life until you die. except there wont be 6 billion people. at most it will be 1 billion and it will become illegal to have a child unless it is granted by the government and you will probably have to wait in a queue and you will get a 2 month window to conceive the kid.

in austria we have ultra high taxes ... this is good but also bad.

the good thing is. people getting min. 800€ from state with insurance and can do a job for max. 300€ (additional). so probably everyone can get  up to 1100€ per month by working 1 day per week. :ph34r:

sounds crazy but is true.

the con side is. if you search for a worker near noone is willing to work for less then 2000€ (x14) per month.

anytime this system crashes cause its not a solution - it is a good compromise.

i dont know how the system works in UK but 1000 pounds (1350€) for  fully educated staff sounds realy not that good at all.

i dont know how the system works in UK but 1000 pounds (1350€) for  fully educated staff sounds realy not that good at all.

unfortunately that's what you get with the EU. they consume as many low populated and less economically large countries as they can, slap the euro on to them, and then all of a sudden all those people have the option to move to the other side of their new country "the EU" to places like france, germany, UK, whereever there is big economy because that's where all the jobs are.

but with that mass influx of migration of people, all looking for jobs, as well as the people that already live in those countries, you end up never being able to find a job. this makes companies either cut their workforce to save money or they cut people's salaries to afford to keep them.

like i said, with lots and lots of people, there is no room for a healthy salary. the maximum wage becomes the minimum wage. you will probably find a job in the UK, but whatever it is... unless you are some bigshot asshole manager of a company that drives some fancy audi SUV and wears and pink tie and pointy shiny shoes you will be making way below £15k a year.

basically, the EU wants to be the USA. but it will never work. the USA works because everyone has 1 religion, and speaks 1 common language or 2 (spanish and english). everyone's on the same page. everyone's an american.

in europe, everyone's different. everyone's got their own language, own economy, own education system, different money. it will never work like this. if it wants to work and succeed so that we stop making no money and having no jobs...

everyone has to speak english, everyone has to have 1 currency (the euro, so goodbye kroners and pounds), and everyone has to get on the same page. im not saying people should forget about their nationality or culture or their own languages, but as an economy, and as a citizen of europe, 1 currency, and 1 common language is 100% needed if we are ever to succeed and stop being poor.

if the EU signs the   free trade agreement with USA every EU citizen should get a greencard also.

actually the EU construct with TTIP is only FINE for big big global companys. they will overtake everything.

TTIP

http://www.debatingeurope.eu/2014/11/27/support-ttip-companies-sue-governments/#.VOadty6zWHs

TTIP in its current form allows corporations to SUE countries and governments over laws “limiting” their operations. This opens the door wide open to abuse of all kinds by big corporations, and effectively renders governments and countries in the pockets of Big Business. Democracy will suffer horrendously, freedom and rights that we currently have will also be adversely affected.

i think in the far  future ther  will be a big big war between USA/EU and RUSSIA/CHINA

thats why the EU was build.

-------------

UPDATE: i have a job interview next week - got a call today. :)

so i ll do alot of sports this week and try to concentrate myself.

thats why the EU was build.

only reason why the EU exists is because 2 world wars were fought over here because 1 particular country refused to give up being in charge of the entire continent. to stop all the fighting and ensure it never happened again, it was setup as a free trade agreement and a sort of united nations just for european countries.

it was never meant to be 1 country. but it is now. with the euro being the only single currency, the monetary systems of any country using the euro is effectively goverened by the head of europe... brussells. the only EU countries who have any last individual freedoms are the ones who refused to take the euro, namely denmark, UK, and sweden.

i believe the EU is simply a master plan to consolidate all european cultures, nationalities and so on, and turn it into a united states of europe. think about it... in 200 or so years with so many europeans moving around to other countries, meeting different people than their own nationality and mixing with them, and having children... those children are now half something and half something else.

that's the plan basically, to mix the entire nations of europe so that in the end everyone will be equal. all our cultures will be mixed. it's already happening in the UK. there's more multiculturalism here than anywhere else i have seen in the world. living in england is nothing like the americans think... all posh, with tea and biscuits, and politeness. far from that. living in england today feels like living in india, poland, pakistan, turkey, greece, italy, spain, france, germany, and sweden all wrapped into one. the only thing that feels British is when you visit tourist attractions.

im not joking. living here is like living in a smaller version of the USA, there's virtually no difference apart from the size of the roads and the different architecture. the EU wants all of europe to be like USA, UK, canada, australia. multicultural, and big powerhouse economy.

how f*cked up is this?

i write 5 to 10 job applies per week and mostly  get an auto response with "thank you for your mail!..."

the unemployed rate is actually around 8% in austria (highest since 1953).

in past i got some job interviews but 9 out of 10 companies are totaly small-minded. they search for the best of the best with a small payment.

just like backend development WITH transcoding skills WITH the ability to travell often WITH editing skills and with this and with that...

are they all stupid? last company searched for a moderator that also can administer the whole IT (3 server and many clients).

they search for the needle inside the haystack.

now i  send out some more applications until 1 march and if i dont get a job i STOP it and try to realise a business idea.

i am realy angry -.-

I'm having the same problem as you. I'm still trying to find a job and I have not had much success. I already applied to several jobs and one responded but I need to get back to them. The other I got a rejection letter. It's a pain in the butt and I'm already at my wit's end because the job I have at YouTube isn't cutting it.

I didn't graduate college to find that I can't find a single sliver of employment. It's absurd.