• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zipper

DotA2's new god awful game mode.

11 posts in this topic

I don't know what's worse; the fact that it's utter most pay to win game mode, the fact that you can play it whenever the servers feel like it or the fact that servers shit on you and lag out in the 10 minutes time you have to play the fucking mode.

And we thought last year's diretide was bad. This is just awful. You know, when you get to play the damn thing.

What do you think? I don't think Valve gets the shit it deserves. Should Joe do a show on this?

What is the Gamemode and why is it P2W?

What is the Gamemode?

The new game mode is pretty much normal 5v5 except each team has a "Beast" at their side which will fight to get to the others base and destroy it. 

Why is it P2W? 

It's because before you start a match you can choose to "Empower" your beast by using points that you get buying them which will make your beast stronger and therefor giving your team a huge advantage with different abilities the beast can use.

tl:dr you can use money to give yourself a advantage

Kaze says it's not pay to win. It's pay for advantage?

Anything Kaze says is law.

After playing the gamemode last night. It's not that bad. If they could get the servers to stop trying to kill themselves every time it's up I maybe would be more interested in it.

Update on Kaze news...

This just in as of now it is pay to win.

You can now use abilities while beast is down. Also there is a refresher that can proc on the year beast. So if someone got that money they can have like 10 golems.

Kaze's word is law.

Well it's funny how everyone hates those special Modes and the Servers are crushing while they are available :) I guess some one likes them. I won 2 out of 3 now and I never Upgraded the beast or spend any money for the mode. You just need to pick your heroes better and hope you get better team. It's really annoying that the servers break during the Mode I know :(

this event was crap for a reason. due for them trying to ''transfer'' dota 2 in to the source 2 engine, they cheap'd out to make this sorry excuse for a mode.

even though i doub't that the engine change will be on time as they said  (mid this year)  it is understandable why they aren't really trying to amuse us right now.

if the change happends as planned , get ready for major changes. 

Did I forget to mention that people will report you for no reason?

Yea go to low prio queue where HALF OF THE GAMES DONT EVEN COUNT. Son instead of 4 games, you need 8 (literary). I have to waste 8 hours a day on this shitty game. It's not even worth it anymore.

Did I forget to mention that people will report you for no reason?

Yea go to low prio queue where HALF OF THE GAMES DONT EVEN COUNT. Son instead of 4 games, you need 8 (literary). I have to waste 8 hours a day on this shitty game. It's not even worth it anymore.

I don't think this has anything to do with the gamemode in question. Also The report system won't throw you into Low-Prio useless you're getting reports from multiple matches. I highly doubt you're getting reported that many times.

I highly dislike this mode for a single reason. There is a limited amount of heroes that are viable to this game mode. I can even number them look.

Axe, troll warlord zeus, warlock, undying Omninight abbadon. slardar, sniper.

Theese are the heroes picked for every game.

also if you dont pick them your team will hate you. 

That said i have won quite alot of matches against these heroes. But they win most of the times when the enemy team takes 2 or more of these heroes. 

Variety is the sole thing i want from my gamemode, this didnt present with enough options to satify my hunger.