• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rocharules

RUMOR:The Order is apparently 5 hours long?

94 posts in this topic

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-order-1886-leaks-to-youtube-in-full-playthroug/1100-6425327/

Well look at this shit. Someone leaked The Order on youtube and revealed that it is 5 hours long. That is just pathetic.

Why release a game that is single player only, no multiplayer, no co-op. I had faith in this game but 5 hours for a single player? I love single player games but 5 hours for 60 dollars? And this wasn't a clean playthrough so this game could be completed in..... 4 HOURS!!!!

tumblr_mqvaohKslB1s46koto4_250.gif

I am sad :(

Kanonite and ZeroXknight like this

You .GIF says what I came here to say. Good day Sir!

And this is why I didn't plan to get it. It's your typcial third person shooter. Granted yes it's shorter then most recent third person shooters I have played recent (I believe I beat Uncharted 2 with around twenty hour mark and the third within 14 on the hardest difficulty first go) but none the less I wasn't really expecting this game to have a long story to begin with. Five hours though is definitely disappointing and from the rumors of people who have early copies the platinum is merely another five hours itself.

Looks like more than half of those five hours are cutscenes.

I am glad I have no interest in this game since last E3. Every time this game came out with some sort of news for it, it pushed me further away.

Me (First Time Seeing The Order): oh sweet a Left 4 Dead style game set in Victoria alternate reality London!

Developers (Shortly After): NO! NO CO-OP! NO MULTIPLAYER! SINGLE-PLAYER ONLY! (maybe not as mean.)

Me: Man, this game looks great. I do hope though it runs at 60 fps. I mean as a console guy doesn't really matter but I love for it too, or atleast have the option like The Last of Us did.

Developers: NO! Our vision is to have it in 30 fps, true cinematic view! ART!

Me: Alot of the early videos had alot of neat weapons. Maybe we'll see some really creati-

Developers: Look at out bullet guns! Look a triple-barrel shotgun, oooohh so new.

Look, I am sure people will pick it up and play it. I am sure some will like it, hell maybe many will like it. I won't judge them for it, I can see the interest to something like this. My interest was kinda sealed when the last video came out with the blimp, and literally all the colors were in a shade of some form of brown or red-ish brown. I hate to say this but personally, this is a tech demo. I can't wait for this to be done and we move on.

Until than, The Order: 1886... Seeya... Bye... Why are you still here?

102098-hot-fuzz-head-slide-gif-imgur-nc9

What a damn shame. I was waiting for reviews on the game to decide whether to buy it or not, It been singleplayer and only lasting 5 hours is a massive dealbreaker, and the fact that most of the game is QTEs and cutscenes makes it unnaceptable.

I agree that's no where near what I would expect the level of a single player campaign to be.

The game could be saved it has an excellent (and I do mean excellent) set of other modes - otherwise will wait for a price drop. (Unless the game is complete balls in which case wont pick it up at all)

Meh most games are pretty short nowadays They can only fit so much on a blueray afterall.

But then i dont intent to get this game till a price drop anyway i have guilty gear xrd keeping me busy for the next year or so.

Doesn't matter, it'll probably still take me a month to beat the damb thing.

Still, if this is true then this is definitely a wait for a price drop of split cost with friends game, not worth full price. No reason to believe that what content is there won't be good, at least I hope.

Still longer than this.....

20140406120642!Metal_Gear_Solid_V_Ground

On topic, didn't really had much interest in the game because of what the devs said about the damn 30FPS. However, I did like the gameplay. Looks like a rental for me.

Wow. The year has barely even begun and we already have a "most dissapointing game" candidate.

Still longer than this.....

20140406120642!Metal_Gear_Solid_V_Ground

I would agree with you there. And even knowing that it is just a overpriced demo, at least it wasn't being priced at full price of $60 USD. I'll give them that much now. From what it sounds like everyone here would like it to be priced lower.

So I'll ask everyone here, what would be the price that'll get you to play The Order: 1886 now? Seeing how Ground Zeroes originally was $40 USD but brought down to $30 USD and people were fine with it than (well the many fans atleast).

So I'll ask everyone here, what would be the price that'll get you to play The Order: 1886 now?

This looks like a rental. Maybe off of Redbox or Gamefly. If not, 10 dollars.

Seeing how Ground Zeroes originally was $40 USD but brought down to $30 USD and people were fine with it than (well the many fans atleast).

I love the MGS games, and for GZ, $30 is still TOO DAMN MUCH.

I love the MGS games, and for GZ, $30 is still TOO DAMN MUCH.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I agree as a guy who isn't a fan of MGS I thought it a nickle&dime move on the fans. But still, atleast it wasn't $60 USD from what The Order: 1886 thinks it deserves.

Check this shit out...

One dude on that chat was heavily criticizing The Order (really don't blame him)..

200wuv4.jpg

BUT WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONED GROUND ZEROES BEING SHORTER.....

e5fwoo.jpg

GameSpot. Full of hypocrites.

Laserrifle125 and like this

Check this shit out... One dude on that chat was heavily criticizing The Order (really don't blame him)...200wuv4.jpg BUT WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONED GROUND ZEROES BEING SHORTER.....e5fwoo.jpg  GameSpot. Full of hypocrites.

C'Mon, that's not fair. It's not as gamespot were doing a load of paid promotions for MSG5 GZ when it first came out...

I am surprised this video wasn't brought up earlier in this discussion. Might as well bring it up now. There seems to be conflicting time length now as explained in this video. But we can't deny the play-through stamp of the guy who has already got the full play-through video up. I say until the game comes out if you're on the fence wait to see the official time when the mass gets a hold of it.

To be fair it doesn't help their case that there is conflicting times and the Ready At Dawn developers refuse to clear it up by giving a official time length. I can see why they don't want too, but it's a problem. If they have made statements, I am sorry I haven't seen them and I love to be proven wrong. Hell it'll make the discussion more interesting.

Winnum likes this

BUT WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONED GROUND ZEROES BEING SHORTER.....

Shhh...... don't ever criticise the Kojima fans - they'll find you and make you play Metal Gear Rising and go "This game is great huh? Definitely the best action game that came out that year!" With that wild sweaty, pale look in their eyes that tells you that that game was balls and they knew it.  

Back on topic ... Your honour I would like to change my statement. Seems to me that I might be just a simple country-hyper-space-chicken, but it seems to me that the length of a game shouldn't matter as much as the quality of that game. it has been pointed out to me that Portal 2 was only around 5-6 hours long, and the original Portal even shorter. Most Call of Duty campaigns are about this length (even the GOOD ones) as was Heavy Rain. Hell some of the best games I've ever owned have been relatively short (Starfox 64 for example, designed to be beaten in a couple of hours but designed for multiple playthroughs)

I suppose I'm saying that a game doesn't have to be long to be good- it just has to be a satisfying experience. I'm putting my torch and pitchfork back in the cupboard under the stairs for now. Will bring them out again if it turns out it's 5 hours of cack. Or worse DLC/Sequel baiting.

EDIT: Also game too short ? Play on hard bitch! :)

WITHASTICK likes this

Shhh...... don't ever criticise the Kojima fans - they'll find you and make you play Metal Gear Rising and go "This game is great huh? Definitely the best action game that came out that year!" With that wild sweaty, pale look in their eyes that tells you that that game was balls and they knew it.   Back on topic ... Your honour I would like to change my statement. Seems to me that I might be just a simple country-hyper-space-chicken, but it seems to me that the length of a game shouldn't matter as much as the quality of that game. it has been pointed out to me that Portal 2 was only around 5-6 hours long, and the original Portal even shorter. Most Call of Duty campaigns are about this length (even the GOOD ones) as was Heavy Rain. Hell some of the best games I've ever owned have been relatively short (Starfox 64 for example, designed to be beaten in a couple of hours but designed for multiple playthroughs)I suppose I'm saying that a game doesn't have to be long to be good- it just has to be a satisfying experience. I'm putting my torch and pitchfork back in the cupboard under the stairs for now. Will bring them out again if it turns out it's 5 hours of cack. Or worse DLC/Sequel baiting.  EDIT: Also game too short ? Play on hard bitch! :)

I think the big problem is people (quite rightly) expect more out of a game that a full price single player only.

Back on topic ... Your honour I would like to change my statement. Seems to me that I might be just a simple country-hyper-space-chicken, but it seems to me that the length of a game shouldn't matter as much as the quality of that game. it has been pointed out to me that Portal 2 was only around 5-6 hours long, and the original Portal even shorter. Most Call of Duty campaigns are about this length (even the GOOD ones) as was Heavy Rain. Hell some of the best games I've ever owned have been relatively short (Starfox 64 for example, designed to be beaten in a couple of hours but designed for multiple playthroughs)

I suppose I'm saying that a game doesn't have to be long to be good- it just has to be a satisfying experience. I'm putting my torch and pitchfork back in the cupboard under the stairs for now. Will bring them out again if it turns out it's 5 hours of cack. Or worse DLC/Sequel baiting.

EDIT: Also game too short ? Play on hard bitch! :)

See good discussion and points. Now to play 'Devils Advocate'. I would argue that the games you have listed, yes are short- but have replay value.

1wfGm.jpg

Call of Duty Campaigns are short, running between 4-6 hours depending on your speed. But Call of Duty also offers a multiplayer and/or some form of Co-op experience. So you could spend even more hours playing something else within the game not just single-player.

Portal 2 has replay value, as you can go back through the different puzzles and seeing if you can do them faster. As well as a Co-op experience for you and a friend to play with. And if your on pc, they have that Portal creator where people can make their own puzzles and have others play them.

Star Fox 64 (my first game ever played) has replay value, having multiple different planets and paths for you to take. Always changing up and learning how to do something different to open another planet. As well as a Co-couch versus mode for you and buddies to enjoy shooting each other out of space planes.

I think what we're seeing here is people are mistaking a short game for replay. You crank out alot of these games and their campaigns in about 4-6 hours. It's replay value I think people might be enraged about, but don't know how to say it. So they look at the length and complain at that. But again, I don't have the The Order: 1886- I don't know the replay value for it. But I am guessing the most you'll play of The Order: 1886 will be once or twice (depending if your a trophy hunter.) That's the thing, will you play The Order: 1886 more than three times. Some will and I agree if they want too they can, people can love all forms of art in their own way. I don't want them not to hate The Order: 1886 because we complain about one thing of the game. I just like this discussion because I think it will grow peoples understanding about a issue they might have.

I think the big problem is people (quite rightly) expect more out of a game that a full price single player only.

So now I present my next question to you all. Is it the length that frustrates you? Or is it possibly the idea of replay value that frustrates you, you just didn't know how to 'convey' it?

giphy.gif

Kanonite likes this

So now I present my next question to you all. Is it the length that frustrates you? Or is it possibly the idea of replay value that frustrates you, you just didn't know how to 'convey' it?

I agree with Winnum. I have played some very short games with little replay value, and they were remarkable games. I am fine with a game that at least is a complete gaming experience.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is easily my GOTY of 2013 along with The Last of Us, and that game was 3 hours long, with very little replay value. And yet, I played that game around 3 times, because the story and gameplay was so damn good.

So I am not sure if it is either the length or the replay value.

Note: I am having fun with this discussion alot.

89952-master-strokes-beard-gif-Kill-bdei

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is easily my GOTY of 2013 along with The Last of Us, and that game was 3 hours long, with very little replay value. And yet, I played that game around 3 times, because the story and gameplay was so damn good.

So I am not sure if it is either the length or the replay value.

giphy.gif

And that's where we come to a stand-still in most of these discussions. One could argue The Last of Us has a multiplayer so there is replay value (depending if you dived into it long enough to warrant it). But Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a perfect game to put into this discussion. A game in which the replay value is similar to The Order: 1886's (at first glance) being roughly short or shorter than The Order: 1886. But now we bring back a factor that has already been brought up, pricing. If I recall (correct me if I am wrong) but Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was priced around $15-20 USD, and was a 3 hour experience. So now with the factor of pricing back in, does pricing effect how you view replay value/time length. Cause from what it seem before with my first question:

So I'll ask everyone here, what would be the price that'll get you to play The Order: 1886 now?

The majority who are on the fence for this game, want it to be a cheaper price cause of the length they view. Possibly because you'll already know you will play it only once. Specially you sir, stated:

This looks like a rental. Maybe off of Redbox or Gamefly. If not, 10 dollars.

Which means you won't find yourself even playing it probably a second time. So now brings us to a big question for the people on the fence.

giphy.gif

If it's all three factors: Time length, Pricing, and Replay value. What would The Order: 1886 (or any forth coming game that is similar) need to do to be a $60 USD buy for you? Because, surely we on the fence already won't go for a $60 USD price.

Note: I am having fun with this discussion alot.

Update: I have no idea why this disappeared. Sorry for re-posting it.

LOL all this bashing on Metal Gear guys? I loved those games, not gonna say anyone's opinion is wrong though. But, I've heard differently about the length of The Order. Rich at reviewtechusa stated the designers were discussing how this was a screen shot of a player who was playing that amount of time by the time he received that achievement. I don't really understand how that works lol? Usually the game completion achievement dings with the amount of time spent overall on the game. I seriously hope the developers aren't lying to us. I understand it takes a lot of money and development time these days to create a game longer than 10 hours, but 5 hours total would be a total waste. I could look past the the time aspect if the game-play brought something interesting to the table, but by what I've heard from people who had hands on time with it, is that the game play was boring. Man, boring game-play mixed with a super short narrative would be the kiss of death for this game. Let's hope this Isn't true. They already pushed back the release of this game to make sure everything was working correctly by release. If the overall story is this short, no amount of delaying the release can fix that.