• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rocharules

RUMOR:The Order is apparently 5 hours long?

94 posts in this topic

Also, MGS:GZ was fun even if it was an over priced demo. No one really had to buy it, It was really only meant for fans who couldn't wait the extra year and some change to play the full game. Did it need to be 30 dollars? No, I don't think so. But for 5 or 10 bucks It's totally worth it. You can still get a few hours of fun out of it. 

LOL all this bashing on Metal Gear guys? I loved those games, not gonna say anyone's opinion is wrong though. But, I've heard differently about the length of The Order. Rich at reviewtechusa stated the designers were discussing how this was a screen shot of a player who was playing that amount of time by the time he received that achievement. I don't really understand how that works lol? Usually the game completion achievement dings with the amount of time spent overall on the game. I seriously hope the developers aren't lying to us. I understand it takes a lot of money and development time these days to create a game longer than 10 hours, but 5 hours total would be a total waste. I could look past the the time aspect if the game-play brought something interesting to the table, but by what I've heard from people who had hands on time with it, is that the game play was boring. Man, boring game-play mixed with a super short narrative would be the kiss of death for this game. Let's hope this Isn't true. They already pushed back the release of this game to make sure everything was working correctly by release. If the overall story is this short, no amount of delaying the release can fix that. 

DO I HAVE TO BRING WINNUM INTO THIS SHIT?!?!?!

thedukeofzill likes this

Also, MGS:GZ was fun even if it was an over priced demo. No one really had to buy it, It was really only meant for fans who couldn't wait the extra year and some change to play the full game. Did it need to be 30 dollars? No, I don't think so. But for 5 or 10 bucks It's totally worth it. You can still get a few hours of fun out of it. 

Despite it being the Virtious Mission from MGS3. Even for 5 to 10 dollars you can get indie games that are more of a complete experience than GZ.

Despite it being the Virtious Mission from MGS3. Even for 5 to 10 dollars you can get indie games that are more of a complete experience than GZ.

Well, no on said you had to buy it LOL. I think it had some value at a lower price margin, but these are all opinions. Did the games length make the core game-play any less engaging? No, I don't think It did. People seem to just be angry that it was a "30 dollar demo." But, no one discussed the engine or the game-play, which was top notch. If I can expect the same care and polish on the overall version of the game, I'll be totally happy. 

Well, no on said you had to buy it LOL. I think it had some value at a lower price margin, but these are all opinions. Did the games length make the core game-play any less engaging? No, I don't think It did. People seem to just be angry that it was a "30 dollar demo." But, no one discussed the engine or the game-play, which was top notch. If I can expect the same care and polish on the overall version of the game, I'll be totally happy. 

I rented it on GameFly. Played the game, and all of it's side quests.

The length doesn't really matter. As long as the game feels complete, gives a satisfying gaming experience at that. Then I am fine.

Yes, the game had excellent gameplay. But it ended before the game EVEN BEGAN. I don't care if this game had the best fucking gameplay since Zelda, an advertisement is still a advertisement. If you wanted to give your fans a taste of the Fox Engine, then release it as a free demo. Not shill your fans to 30 dollars for a game that is INCOMPLETE.

For 30 dollars you can get games that have complete experiences. Hell, when The Order comes out, there is a good chance that game will be even more of a complete gaming experience than GZ is.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was 3 hours. A beginning, middle and an end. And was a engrossing experience.

Journey was around 2-3 hours. Also had a beginning, middle and an end. Also a remarkable game.

Ground Zeroes had a beginning, and that's it. Just because it has good gameplay doesn't excuse this.

Wreckfest released a FREE TECH DEMO months ago, and that game also had remarkable gameplay. GZ should've just been a free demo.

Meh, It's just not for everyone. I loved it and totally purchased it LOL. But, I'm a grown ass man and will decide where my money is spent. I played it, enjoyed it, and haven't picked it up since. I will agree the price point may not be ideal for most people, It is just greed setting in at Konami. But, this is no different than companies out there charging for Alpha access, At least GZ was finished lol. Also, charging for an Alpha that will turn into free to play anyway? What, are we paying the companies to develop their titles now? LOL. 

First, This thread is not about Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and its pricing. That issue is nearly a year old.

Second, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes to my mind and/or statement is being used as a example against or for The Order: 1886 pricing. Much like all games that are brought in the discussion; Starfox 64, Call of Duty, Portal 2, Brothers: Tale of Two Sons, and The Last of Us.

Third, like I said before everyone is their own to like and pay for what they want. I like Destiny, some would argue that is not a complete game and have points. I would agree with those points but I still play. We all got pleasures.

Fourth, stay on track with the discussion at hand. It was interesting, I hate to see it get off track.

giphy.gif

With that said, once more I ask...

If it's all three factors: Time length, Pricing, and Replay value. What would The Order: 1886 (or any forth coming game that is similar) need to do to be a $60 USD buy for you? Because, surely we're on the fence already won't go for a $60 USD price.

giphy.gif

DemonsColt likes this

First, This thread is not about Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and its pricing. That issue is nearly a year old.

Second, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes to my mind and/or statement is being used as a example against or for The Order: 1886. Much like all games that are brought in the discussion; Starfox 64, Call of Duty, Portal 2, Brothers: Tale of Two Sons, The Last of us.

Third, like before everyone is to like and pay for what they want. I like Destiny, some would argue that is not a complete game and have points. I would agree with those points but I still play. We all got pleasures.

Fourth, stay on track with the discussion at hand. It was interesting, I hate to see it get off track.

THE GAME BETTER BE FUCKING GOOD, THAT'S ALL I SAY! I MEAN, STEAMPUNK SETTING WHILE HUNTING WEREWOLVES? SIGN MY ASS UP!

Winnum likes this

So from the TechReview vid the game itself has been somewhat proven that the five hour time to beat isn't true, well still not going to buy it day one for other reasons of my own choice but at least that seems to show a somewhat dodged bullet. If anything I would hope the actual time is at least between 10 to 20 hours. Ten is still short granted but better then five at least.

So from the TechReview vid the game itself has been somewhat proven that the five hour time to beat isn't true, well still not going to buy it day one for other reasons of my own choice but at least that seems to show a somewhat dodged bullet. If anything I would hope the actual time is at least between 10 to 20 hours. Ten is still short granted but better then five at least.

That's what I gathered from that video as well. So i'm not sure who to believe here. The lead develop pretty much hopped on twitter to do some damage control and respond by saying that was a lie and the game has at least 10 hours of game play. Only time will tell. I hate how we are all SUPER jaded and sceptical now after the last year of bombed releases LOL. We sound like a group of angry old men "I remember in my day when games used to be GOOD! And Mario was only a nickle!" 

THE GAME BETTER BE FUCKING GOOD, THAT'S ALL I SAY! I MEAN, STEAMPUNK SETTING WHILE HUNTING WEREWOLVES? SIGN MY ASS UP!

giphy.gif

That's what I gathered from that video as well. So i'm not sure who to believe here. The lead develop pretty much hopped on twitter to do some damage control and respond by saying that was a lie and the game has at least 10 hours of game play. Only time will tell. I hate how we are all SUPER jaded and sceptical now after the last year of bombed releases LOL. We sound like a group of angry old men "I remember in my day when games used to be GOOD! And Mario was only a nickle!" 

I rather like this 2015 group of gamers than the 2014 group. 2014 left a really bad taste in everyones mouth. Don't get me wrong there were stand out games in 2014, but compare to the mountain of... well in the worlds of Jim Sterling "Utter Shyt!" The 2015 group seems more, pro costumer then hype. Being skeptical after 2014 is a good thing. This discussion helps better understand the mind set we are now placed in. It sucks we got to be, I wouldn't say angry but cautious. I rather live in a world of worry free, sadly 2014 showed us that can't be the case anymore.

Whenever something odd pops up instead of back handing the news, instead we reply with concern. Not because we're pure anger and hate (I hope). But because we love games and want them to be good. That's something we got to remember when having discussions like this, no matter the side you are on. The other guy on the other screen is you. Because you both love games.

200.gif

awwwwww! Withastick I didn't know you cared so much *single tear*. Haha, you are right though, angry was probably not the correct word to use. I just thought the joke would be funny, I envisioned us all on a porch in our 80's with our canes spraying water at the next generation of gamers from our garden hose. 

awwwwww! Withastick I didn't know you cared so much *single tear*. Haha, you are right though, angry was probably not the correct word to use. I just thought the joke would be funny, I envisioned us all on a porch in our 80's with our canes spraying water at the next generation of gamers from our garden hose. 

I like to think I care, in reality I am grumpy. I'll be old on that porch with a rifle of some sort, probably a shotgun. With a nice glass of Lemonade, only to have my lawn ruined by the Generation of Gamers after me... with my only reply to them being.

giphy.gif

thedukeofzill likes this

I think DemonsColt said it best.

DemonsColt, on 16 Feb 2015 - 8:22 PM, said:snapback.png

I kind of want it to be a case of:

"5 hous? This better be the best 5 hours I've ever played through."

5 hours later.

"You got lucky game."

Not saying it WILL happen with The Order, just saying it could.  That said I will continue my stance of not be ordering anything until I see a few reputable reviews, which will also help answer those ey questions. 

DemonsColt and thedukeofzill like this

I think DemonsColt said it best.

DemonsColt, on 16 Feb 2015 - 8:22 PM, said:snapback.png

I kind of want it to be a case of:

"5 hous? This better be the best 5 hours I've ever played through."

5 hours later.

"You got lucky game."

Not saying it WILL happen with The Order, just saying it could.  That said I will continue my stance of not be ordering anything until I see a few reputable reviews, which will also help answer those ey questions. 

Thats totally where I stand on this. I refuse to order anything until I either A: try it myself or B: see a reputable review. I just really hope It's good. The premise seems really solid, good idea for a creepy atmosphere. I just expecting it to not be any good, and that's sad really. 

We sound like a group of angry old men "I remember in my day when games used to be GOOD! And Mario was only a nickle!" 

Back in my day, we payed $120 in Quarters just to play the same stage over and over again.

And they only gave us two buttons to press.

AND WE LIKED IT.

To answer Stick's questions though, I think it's the combination of the price and length of a game.

$60 for an RPG that's going to suck 60 hours of my life away is but a dollar-per-hour.

$60 for a game that's 5 hours long is a good $12 an hour.

It's be cheaper to just go see a movie in a theater. Ironic for such a "filmic" game.

Replayablity isn't really an issue, I feel. Any game can be played over and over. The question is, "Why should I?"

Most games do go our of their way to answer that question for us, but that doesn't stop anyone from playing a game once and turning it back in for store credit.

Just because a game has replayablity doesn't mean that people will take advantage of it.

thedukeofzill likes this

Back in my day, we payed $120 in Quarters just to play the same stage over and over again.

And they only gave us two buttons to press.

AND WE LIKED IT.

To answer Stick's questions though, I think it's the combination of the price and length of a game.

$60 for an RPG that's going to suck 60 hours of my life away is but a dollar-per-hour.

$60 for a game that's 5 hours long is a good $12 an hour.

It's be cheaper to just go see a movie in a theater. Ironic for such a "filmic" game.

Replayablity isn't really an issue, I feel. Any game can be played over and over. The question is, "Why should I?"

Most games do go our of their way to answer that question for us, but that doesn't stop anyone from playing a game once and turning it back in for store credit.

Just because a game has replayablity doesn't mean that people will take advantage of it.

Ya, I barely play a game over twice, that's just me though. But, the point you made for a dollar an hour makes total sense, that's sort of the same reason for why mattresses are so damn expensive. If you can get 60 hours of enjoyment out of the game, a dollar an hour is a pretty good place to be. 12 dollars for 5 hours makes me ill LOL. Never really thought of it this way but it's a good point. 

This pisses me off. Alternate History is like my favorite genre, and 5 hours is not nearly long enough to get my fix. Betcha anything they'll try to pull a Destiny and release all the important stuff as paid DLC. Fuckers.

I love a complete and satisfying story, even if it is only singleplayer (See: Wolfenstein: The New Order, Resident Evil, Bulletstorm, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, so on and so forth) But I'm still on the fence about this game. I just don't know enough about it yet. I'll probably wait for a sale and pick it up, mainly because I also ADORE alternate history (See again: Wolfenstein: The New Order)

For the ones saying it might be short but really good or that it could be longer than five hours, after watching the guy's playthrough (skipping around not watching the whole thing) it just looks like Gears of War without the chainsaw, pretty uninteresting gameplay wise, the guy playing was also not very good so it looks like it could have been done even faster pretty easily, half of it was cutscenes, and the story seemed pretty generic. I wouldn't have much hope, even if you like the gameplay, it certainly isn't anything amazing.

GameSpot. Full of hypocrites.

10 years of Gamespot, the comment sections still bring bad memories.

even if it is only singleplayer (See: Wolfenstein: The New Order, Resident Evil, Bulletstorm, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, so on and so forth)

Jedi Outcast has multiplayer.

thedukeofzill likes this

oh, yeah! I forgot about that! Still, the campaign was incredible.

For the ones saying it might be short but really good or that it could be longer than five hours, after watching the guy's playthrough (skipping around not watching the whole thing) it just looks like Gears of War without the chainsaw, pretty uninteresting gameplay wise, the guy playing was also not very good so it looks like it could have been done even faster pretty easily, half of it was cutscenes, and the story seemed pretty generic. I wouldn't have much hope, even if you like the gameplay, it certainly isn't anything amazing.

10 years of Gamespot, the comment sections still bring bad memories.

Jedi Outcast has multiplayer.

So you actually did watch somebody play it from beginning to end in about 5 hours? Like, no skips or cuts or anything? WOW, I didn't think that would have been the case. ugh. Why the such short content? Narrative-wise, that's all up to personal opinion. But, game time clocking in at 5 hours is really sad. I understand games these days take millions to make. But, without series content, the game is just a shell really. This is pretty upsetting if it's true. And to have the lead developer lie to people on twitter just to run damage control? That's low. 

So you actually did watch somebody play it from beginning to end in about 5 hours?

I didn't watch the entire 5 hours, I kept moving forward looking for anything interesting, I'd watch him fight through a section, watch some of the story scenes. The guy seemed to play the game from start to finish, half of it was cutscenes, sometimes it would be a 10+ minute uninteresting scene then a few minutes of gameplay followed by almost another entire video that is just a cutscene. Nothing I watched story or gameplay wise gives me any hope that the game is going to be a memorable experience. I suppose the guy could have looked around more but I didn't see much of a reason for why you would, and even if he did, he wasn't that good so if you were killing the enemies faster than he was the time would probably be the same anyway.