• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rocharules

RUMOR:The Order is apparently 5 hours long?

94 posts in this topic

Got my copy today (the store released the game yesterday). 3 of my friends so far finished the game already at 7, 8 and 10 hours. It's on the short side for sure, base on what I played (2 hours in) it's probably the best graphics I have seen in a game probably outside of Crysis 3 on ultra settings. The story is interesting (especially the starting chapter!) and the gameplay is actually surprising given the negative previews I have read. The weapons feels so satisfying, it has great feedback and punch to them, the AI are serviceable (enemies have different traits like on flanks and the others pin you down), but there's less shootouts (though im just few chapters in). I haven't encountered the Lycans yet although my friend told me that they're great encounters although rarely use. If you're into 'cinematic' games then this is a buy if not then just get it at a lesser price. My only problem with the game right now is the font, it's so small, what the hell are they thinking?

By the way there's also less QTE than I expected, there are some contextual presses like stealth kills (pretty much the same as other games) but overall it's the same as your usual AAA game.

Sounds promicing. I think I'll try and convenience my brother to go half and half with me on this game.

That's crazy. How did your store release it three days in advance? Did they have a different release timeline for your country? Or did you get a review copy and you are now able to post a review since the embargo was lifted? 

I think it's official here in our country (Philippines) given that both of the biggest game retailers here released the game at Tuesday exactly 5pm. I was surprised myself since I was expecting it to be on the 20th.

This is game is really like a movie (bad or good thing up to you), the camera angles, the CA and other post processing (which I usually hate but I think it's perfect here), the subtle face expression, motion blur, there's no difference between cutscenes and gameplay graphics-wise. Note though that the game is a bit light on gameplay probably around the same as UC1 which is a shame because the gunplay itself is great. I hope they could patch in a horde mode or something because I wanted to shoot more baddies XD

It's one of those game that your non-gamer friend/family member can appreciate. My wife watched me while I was playing and actually wanted me to continue playing which is a rare thing (UC3 and 2 are the other games they love watching). I haven't finished the game yet but i'm midway (at least what my friend told me) and around 7 hours already. If you like any heavy narrative games like from Naughty Dog or Quantic Dreams then I think this a perfect game for you if not at least try it when it's cheaper.

DemonsColt likes this

I think it's official here in our country (Philippines) given that both of the biggest game retailers here released the game at Tuesday exactly 5pm. I was surprised myself since I was expecting it to be on the 20th.

This is game is really like a movie (bad or good thing up to you), the camera angles, the CA and other post processing (which I usually hate but I think it's perfect here), the subtle face expression, motion blur, there's no difference between cutscenes and gameplay graphics-wise. Note though that the game is a bit light on gameplay probably around the same as UC1 which is a shame because the gunplay itself is great. I hope they could patch in a horde mode or something because I wanted to shoot more baddies XD

It's one of those game that your non-gamer friend/family member can appreciate. My wife watched me while I was playing and actually wanted me to continue playing which is a rare thing (UC3 and 2 are the other games they love watching). I haven't finished the game yet but i'm midway (at least what my friend told me) and around 7 hours already. If you like any heavy narrative games like from Naughty Dog or Quantic Dreams then I think this a perfect game for you if not at least try it when it's cheaper.

Judging by your remark, this sounds like Max Payne 3.

Judging by your remark, this sounds like Max Payne 3.

I won't say that because Max Payne 3 is long, which to it's detriment imo, and the cutscenes in the Order are much more interesting than Max's self loathing monologues :) The Order can't touch Max Payne 3's gunplay though which is basically GOAT in TPS :)

I won't say that because Max Payne 3 is long, which to it's detriment imo, and the cutscenes in the Order are much more interesting than Max's self loathing monologues :) The Order can't touch Max Payne 3's gunplay though which is basically GOAT in TPS :)

Yeh, but like The Order (from your remark), MP3's gunplay was marred by the constant cutscenes.

Yeh, but like The Order (from your remark), MP3's gunplay was marred by the constant cutscenes.

Yes it has a great gun play (not MP3-tier though but then again nobody is imo), which is surprising given the bad previews otherwise (but again gaeming jurnalizm). The gun fights are hectic especially with smokes, effects, splinters, bottles, things exploding happening around you. Remember those WW2 war movies with smokes and chaos going all around you? That what it feels during gun fights and I encourage everyone that you play this on hard since normal difficulty is easy plus the enemy aren't bullet sponge even on higher difficulty *ahem* UC3 *ahem*.

*ahem* UC3 *ahem*.

Nathan Drake: I thought I saw a joke there, but all I see is sand.

tumblr_inline_n15z0o2I8k1s5mo62.gif

Lawls, sorry. Couldn't resist. Had to be dickishly witty.

DemonsColt likes this

Nathan Drake: I thought I saw a joke there, but all I see is sand.

tumblr_inline_n15z0o2I8k1s5mo62.gif

Lawls, sorry. Couldn't resist. Had to be dickishly witty.

My main grip with UC3 to be honest, the enemies are bullet sponges especially on Crushing difficulty. Thankfully they fixed it on TLOU and hopefully it will reach to UC4. Higher difficulty should be better AI rather than bullet sponges.

The youtube video playthrough was 5 hours 51 min 36 seconds on normal, with only a few deaths, no exploring, and ignoring all story related items.  For me as long as the game is good its fine.  Journey for me was fine at 1.5 hours long for $15.99 and it looks like The order 1886 will take around 8-10 hours so its possibly cheaper per hour.  If its fantastic it won't matter... i buy extended editions of blue ray movies i love all the time and pay $25-$35 for 2 or 3 hours with 0 variation on each viewing but if its good its worth having in my collection!    People need to whipe the sand out of their vagines and relax.  If you don't like this style of game then don't buy it... it doesn't mean this style doesn't have an audience or deserve to exist.  We've known from the beginning they wanted a cinematic no fluf experience and apparently that means relatively short.   At least its a complete experience and not a 5 hour long Desitny campaign that isn't worth shit or 100 hours of nothing but spamming fire spin every 20 seconds in every pokemon battle.  I can't even play pokemon any more unless its on an emulator and i can fast forward through every battle.

Based on the videos the game is getting exactly the reviews I thought it would.

I'm surprised this all turned into, how short is too short debate instead of people just taking a look and going, well this looks pretty mediocre and moving on.

I know it was joked about earlier but a lot of the comments made in reviews me think of the Metal Gear Solid series. 

Lots of cut scenes distracting from the main gameplay, but the game play itself is solid, the game is polished and looks amazing but at times is too cinematic for it's own good.

The positive points I've heard is that nothing about this game appears lazy or half measured- it's the experience they intended it to be- but there isn't enough hands on time actually playing the game and engaging with it to feel fully satisfied.

Based on the videos the game is getting exactly the reviews I thought it would.

I'm surprised this all turned into, how short is too short debate instead of people just taking a look and going, well this looks pretty mediocre and moving on.

I agree, this discussion is about the length of the game, and if that effects a the game for you. If the game itself or the games quality is to be discussed I suggest it being discussed here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/26427-the-order-1886/

UPDATE: Keep the discussion of The Order: 1886's Time Length within This thread, as the discussion has already started here. Any other form of topic about the The Order: 1886 should be discussed Here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/26427-the-order-1886/

I read more reviews, I'm even more correct than I thought about the length.

Gamers: But the guy doing the lets play just ran through the game he didn't even explore.

Me: It's Gears of War, there's probably nothing to see but wandering around looking for hidden collectables.

Reviews: It's pretty much Gears of War if you wonder around looking for pointless collectables on hard the game will probably take about seven hours. (and that was in the more positive, poorly written reviews and in the negative ones)

I read more reviews, I'm even more correct than I thought about the length.

Gamers: But the guy doing the lets play just ran through the game he didn't even explore.

Me: It's Gears of War, there's probably nothing to see but wandering around looking for hidden collectables.

Reviews: It's pretty much Gears of War if you wonder around looking for pointless collectables on hard the game will probably take about seven hours. (and that was in the more positive, poorly written reviews and in the negative ones)

Ok, fuck it. Everywhere I go, length of this game is all over. A bunch of guys on NeoGAF reported 8-10 hours, Jim Sterling said 6 hours, noyram23 said his friends beat it around 7, 8, 10 hours. And then one guy beat it on 5 with playthrough, and RAD is denying that.

Whatever the length may be for this game, be it 5 hours or 10, better be the best damn 5-10 hours I've spent.

Ok, fuck it. Everywhere I go, length of this game is all over. A bunch of guys on NeoGAF reported 8-10 hours, Jim Sterling said 6 hours, noyram23 said his friends beat it around 7, 8, 10 hours. And then one guy beat it on 5 with playthrough, and RAD is denying that.

Whatever the length may be for this game, be it 5 hours or 10, better be the best damn 5-10 hours I've spent.

If people like Jim are saying the game is six hours, it's six hours (which is basically the same length as Gears of War to make even more comparisons between the two, of course that also had co-op and multiplayer), the people who said 7 also said they were playing on hard and looking for collectables (which if like Gears of War could mean wandering aimlessly looking in hidden places that add nothing to the games environment or your enjoyment). I don't know what someone could possible be doing to almost double the length of a third person shooter like this to 10+ hours, probably the same people who stare at walls in Mass Effect to admire the textures until they more than triple the length of the game and say it's 70+ hours long.

probably the same people who stare at walls in Mass Effect to admire the textures until they more than triple the length of the game and say it's 70+ hours long.

You know me so well.

If people like Jim are saying the game is six hours, it's six hours (which is basically the same length as Gears of War to make even more comparisons between the two, of course that also had co-op and multiplayer), the people who said 7 also said they were playing on hard and looking for collectables (which if like Gears of War could mean wandering aimlessly looking in hidden places that add nothing to the games environment or your enjoyment). I don't know what someone could possible be doing to almost double the length of a third person shooter like this to 10+ hours, probably the same people who stare at walls in Mass Effect to admire the textures until they more than triple the length of the game and say it's 70+ hours long.

Even though I heavily respect and trust Jim Sterling, for this game, I'll see the length for myself.

Game are doing a deal that if you trade the game within the month you get £30 back due to the game being so short.

Ok, just beat the game. My time is.....

8 Hours.