• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mystiq

Streaming the Community Event

18 posts in this topic

The community events on Steam should be streamed. I'm not sure about other people but I would really like to watch them. I'm new to computer gaming and do not have the right gaming set up (Mic, Good computer) to be able to join in. So I feel a little left out when the notice pops up and I can't join in. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would watch these events if they were streamed. If i'm not the only one please comment and maybe in the future they will be.  

They often are... If one of the streamers and/or commanders are involved in the event it is streamed sometimes. It just depends on participation and circumstance.

But that is something that can be better integrated and organized. Maybe with streems of events being promoted on the front page or under the indivudual PC game pages and the PS4/Xbox One sections. This might be worth the attention of the game officers and Console community commanders.

Mystiq likes this

I agree it be awesome if I could tell what event is being streamed by who. Also for the events that don't have commanders on the stream maybe the mod should grab clips to post on the YouTube channel (Angry Army Community) at least then that channel would get more content. Either way I believe that something should be done to make these events more accessible for the ones who may not be able to join in.

This is something we plan on being more organized with and are trying to do better. We still have to find people that are passionate about each of our games to try and record for the community YT.

Mondez likes this

One thing I have been trying to push game officers in to having is a media officer. Their only role would be to stream events and interact with the people watching them. Some games have streamers that play during the events and stream them but they do not do they every time. But, at the end of the day, people play the games they want to and not everyone is good at streaming or has the hardware to do so.

It sounds like a good idea but as you said not many people are comfortable streaming. Maybe for the YouTube channel you should aim for a showcase thing like Rossterteeth's fails of the week, except being cool matches and great plays on community events. This way people not used to commentating don't have too, they can leave up to someone who is more comfortable doing so, and you get the videos you need for the channel. At least till you find people passionate about the games, you don't know maybe the series will be popular enough to keep after.

Anyway it's good to know that the Commanders are thinking about these things, I hope this idea helps.

It sounds like a good idea but as you said not many people are comfortable streaming. Maybe for the YouTube channel you should aim for a showcase thing like Rossterteeth's fails of the week, except being cool matches and great plays on community events. This way people not used to commentating don't have too, they can leave up to someone who is more comfortable doing so, and you get the videos you need for the channel. At least till you find people passionate about the games, you don't know maybe the series will be popular enough to keep after.

Anyway it's good to know that the Commanders are thinking about these things, I hope this idea helps.

This still circles back to someone actually recording or streaming the event. Ideally, we could have someone who wants to do it. It isn't fair to push it on someone just because we want it done as it really is not required for the event or clan/guild to function. It is just simply something I am trying to encourage our game officers to look for as a great great recruitment tool. We have some of our streamers who do participate in events and stream them, just no all the events. Maybe we can see about having our streamers announcing when they are streaming events so that those interested can watch if they cannot participate.

I'll set up a twitch account for streaming events I participate in. I love taking part in media, so I'd be happy to do it.

I've attempted to do some streaming(primarily for the Planetside events), but the video quality is usually garbage. If I can get that squared away, I may do it more often.

I just tested streaming ps4 earlier today and i got good results from it. I'm gonna test my pc streaming later.

I just tested streaming ps4 earlier today and i got good results from it. I'm gonna test my pc streaming later.

I would like to take a look at your stream next time you do it or take a look at your vod's if you dont mind. If the quality is good, we can see about putting some of that content up for people to watch or see if we can get you some viewers. 

Not a problem. The test I did is still up on my twitch page

Or let me know when you want me to test it again.

Sure thing, I will take a look at it when I get off work this evening. Also, if you are confident in the quality of your stream, you can try submitting to be an official ajsa streamer. We don't have many console guys streaming, if any. I posted the info from the older article below. The stream schedule is a bit out of date since we use our own channels to stream instead of the community channel now that we have a twitch streaming team. You are still welcome to submit your stream for review by my fellow commander Damion Rayne.

Direct link to article ->http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/articles.html/_/articles/community-announcement-ajsa-gaming-media-services-r103

ClCQ8mt.png

Greetings Angry Army! Field Commander Damion Rayne here with an announcement! Or well, several rather... but who's counting?

I'd like to introduce you to AJSA-Gaming's Social and Media Services division fully. Go over what we offer, and what you can do to support us, and maybe even get involved!

ajsa-recruit-t-shirt-mens-small-logo_des

AJSA Gaming Twitch Auditions

Interested in Streaming for www.twitch.tv/ajsagaming? Here's what you have to do to get a looksee from me!

1. You MUST be able to stream in 720P @ 60FPS or 1080P @30FPS. These are our bare-minimums for streaming quality.

2. We prefer our streamers to be of Adult age, 18+ for various reasons.

3. You must at least be a Veteran member to be apply for the auditions.

4. Sergeants, Game Officers, and Senior Officers have priority.

Want to know what our schedule is? Take a look here:

panel-50643365-image-49c31d47bb74ccd0-32

*As a Note: My Stream times are not active at the moment due to technical issues. I will resume streaming service on my scheduled times when I resolve these issues.

5. Record video on your own personal stream, save it in your archive and link it in a private message to me: Damion Rayne Be certain your PM title is "AJSA Twitch Audition".

6. Be yourself during this video, but be certain to show quality, audience engagement, etc

AJSA Gaming YouTube Channel

Would you like to be featured on the newly created AJSA Gaming YouTube channel? For..

• News
  • Let's Plays
  • Pod-Casts
  • Reviews
  • Previews
  • More?

Then do the above and send Damion Rayne a PM with your best video content for consideration! Rendering videos at 720P at a bare minimum is an absolute must.

Where's the channel?

Once we have content up on the channel, search for "Angry Army Community" as the YouTube Channel. The introduction video should be up and running this week. Stay tuned for announcements.

Sure thing, I will take a look at it when I get off work this evening. Also, if you are confident in the quality of your stream, you can try submitting to be an official ajsa streamer. We don't have many console guys streaming, if any. I posted the info from the older article below. The stream schedule is a bit out of date since we use our own channels to stream instead of the community channel now that we have a twitch streaming team. You are still welcome to submit your stream for review by my fellow commander Damion Rayne.

I may want to hold off on that until I'm not streaming directly from the console. (Not that the quality is bad. It just gives more control.)

Plus, I'm not a veteran member yet.

I may want to hold off on that until I'm not streaming directly from the console. (Not that the quality is bad. It just gives more control.)

Plus, I'm not a veteran member yet.

Well regardless, I will take a look at your content to see what I think. Also, great job on the intro vid. I am glad to see more content creators in our community.

Well regardless, I will take a look at your content to see what I think. Also, great job on the intro vid. I am glad to see more content creators in our community.

Thanks. I'm happy to create content for the group :D

I have done streaming for insurgency events many times. It just I am not part of the AJSA streaming team,  I would gladly  stream more games during events.