• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Hate it when it happens

18 posts in this topic

After I got motivated at the end of Season 4 I decided to play Ranked in pre-season just to get my MMR up and practice and it worked out great. After my provisional matches, I won 8 and lost 2 games and got placed into Silver 3 which unlike my last season is a much bigger step than Bronze 3. I got to Silver 5 in middle of Season 4, around summer. I took a break later, then I had some health issues so in the end I never really got motivated to keep on playing and never got out of Silver 5 until preseason where I got to Silver 2 I think.

Around end of season 4, I decided to play Rankeds for fun, practice and get my MMR up and I did great. After I just did my provisional matches and got placed to Silver 3, I played only 2 or 3 more games after that and got to Silver 1 without going to Silver 2. Either that or I got to S2 after my provisionals, I really can't remember. 

Anyways, had some health issues recently again so I didn't get to play for a long time and after a month of not playing I'm just scared of playing ranked now.  I mean if I just win 2 more games I'm going to promos for Gold but that urge "Don't play yet, you aren't ready" is too damn strong lol

You ever get that feeling? What do you do?

My overall goal is to main ADCs and this is my stats with ADCs so far this season with 11 games which I'm really happy for. What gave me even more confidence was I was in all my games vs Golds 5 and 4 because of my high MMR that I got in preseason.

I can really see the difference and improvement in almost everything: my kiting, my farming, my position and so on but after not playing for a month I just lost that confidence >.<

Almost most of these ADC games I got fed so early we would win by 25-30minutes.

XGO0KE6.png

My stats so far in 11 ranked games

l8D5RVw.png

I don't know about LoL but usually when i feel that way about a game is ladder anxiety, you'll overcome it just going back to play ranked.

Apex Spartan likes this

cheers for the link man, iv not seen this page before lol, useful ^^

The best way to get better is to only play ranked unless you are learning a new champion or playing with a friend. If you always play ranked when soloing then it will feel less stressful since it is the only mode you play. Also do not set goals and take each match individually while playing like you have all the time in the world. By setting goals and timelines, you force anxiety on to yourself to meet those deadlines. If you play like you have all the time in the world, you will be more relaxed and actually enjoy the game, in turn actually playing better without really doing anything different.

If you want to improve, I recommend recording your games and watching all the games you lose. Ignore everything everyone else is doing and only focus on what you did. Then try to find out what you did wrong and what you can do better. Apply it to your next game and then rinse and repeat if necessary. By doing this you attempt to not repeat the same things that caused you to lose the previous games. Not all games are winnable though. Even in games where you play nearly perfect (no one is perfect), there could be things that you couldv'e just done better or mistakes that your opponent made that you did not capitalize on. Once you get to that point you should be winning much more than losing and only watching your replays to perfect your play sessions with your champion of choice.

I also recommend using a champion pool. Having at least 1 champion you play for each lane and a couple back up champions for your top 2 preferred lanes. Then just try to play your most preferred lanes if possible and have a backup for those lanes if it is picked/banned as well as champions for lanes you may be forced to play.

Sorry for the long post. >.< I will stop now...

adpop likes this

If I may add to this.

A recommendation from my friend who is a diamond katarina main recommends that you should have one lane you want to main then have at least 3 champions you can feel completely confident in. 

Then at least 2 champions for every other lanes so if you need to fill your good there.

For example top I have trundle and shyvana as my mains for top, though I also play swain and ryze top to.  jng I have nocturne and j4. adc I have ezreal and kalista, and sup I have thresh and blitzcrank.

The reason why I do this is done by simple math there are 10 players and 6 bans that means there a 1/5 chance you get the role you want and a 1/6 chance of your champion getting banned then a 1/10 chance of one of your champions being picked thus you always have a pocket able and ready to use. 

Lastly I do want to mention he says this for if you want to be crazy and try to get to diamond obviously you could easily get to plat or gold with the 1 trick pony method easily it would just take a lot more work.

I already have my plan covered up, I main ADCs and have 2 ADC champs which I do best with and 3rd just in case. 2nd main role is support, after that mid and then top and jungle. Top and jungle are probably my weakest but I usually either get ADC or support so I don't mind.

As for practicing and skills...that is not my issue. My biggest issue is simply that thing that blocks me from playing ranked after I did so good and that's probably because of the break I took so I lost that confidence I had after my pretty good provisional games and win streak afterwards.

I guess I will just press my teeth and get back to ranked.

If I may add to this.

A recommendation from my friend who is a diamond katarina main recommends that you should have one lane you want to main then have at least 3 champions you can feel completely confident in. 

Then at least 2 champions for every other lanes so if you need to fill your good there.

For example top I have trundle and shyvana as my mains for top, though I also play swain and ryze top to.  jng I have nocturne and j4. adc I have ezreal and kalista, and sup I have thresh and blitzcrank.

The reason why I do this is done by simple math there are 10 players and 6 bans that means there a 1/5 chance you get the role you want and a 1/6 chance of your champion getting banned then a 1/10 chance of one of your champions being picked thus you always have a pocket able and ready to use. 

Lastly I do want to mention he says this for if you want to be crazy and try to get to diamond obviously you could easily get to plat or gold with the 1 trick pony method easily it would just take a lot more work.

Pretty much what I just said

Apex Spartan likes this

I already have my plan covered up, I main ADCs and have 2 ADC champs which I do best with and 3rd just in case. 2nd main role is support, after that mid and then top and jungle. Top and jungle are probably my weakest but I usually either get ADC or support so I don't mind.

As for practicing and skills...that is not my issue. My biggest issue is simply that thing that blocks me from playing ranked after I did so good and that's probably because of the break I took so I lost that confidence I had after my pretty good provisional games and win streak afterwards.

I guess I will just press my teeth and play ranked.

It is the only way to get over it. You may lose a few at first but you will work your way back up. If you keep avoiding it then you wont go back and if you do it will be the same anyways.

That's what everyone says.

I refer you to the sky Williams video of why you cant quit lol.

You forgot the vid.

Remember I cant link videos or links in general?  Unless I do that syntax code? Is that what you called it?

You can, you just dont know how. Try throwing a link in to the box, it wont immediately turn in to a video but it will once you send the reply. 

5 easy ways of quitting league
1- Disintall league
2- Break you computer/laptop
3-get a abivuse other half who will beat u into submission when ever u so much as speak about league
4-Think about playing against teemo....teemos....temamos! ahhhhhhhhhh (run screaming)
5-play something else, there are other additive games out there like smite, dawngate and the dreaded thing called DOTA2 lol.

:P