• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BasherCreator

Hardest Video Game Decision?

28 posts in this topic

There are plenty of difficult decisions to make in video games, especially if you're playing a video game that revolves it's gameplay around it, like TellTale's excellent "The Walking Dead" and "The Wolf Among Us" episodic game series.

So what's your most intense game decision you've had to make? Mine personally lies in Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Episode 5. For those of you who don't know, Phoenix Wright is a defence attorney who defends his clients against seamingly unbeatable odds much like that of the old show Perry Mason, that's a title some of you (or at least your parents) might recognize.

JFA_logo_zpsup6cgyzw.jpg

Anyways, in the case, you go to a dinner with one of the clients you had previously acquitted of crimes in a different game, but - oh no, wouldn't you believe? Another murder took place. This time, it involves two competiting actors. For the first time in forever, at a point in the episode, you do discover that your client this time around is GUILTY, after a rough questioning. The interesting part is that your sidekick throughout the game, Maya has been kidnapped by an assassin who says he has something to do with the murder, and he holds her hostage in an unknown location.

_-Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Justice-Fo

The assassin claims he'll KILL Maya if Phoenix doesn't get his client a not-guilty sentence, and if he succeeds in defending his client, then the assassin was obliged to set her free unharmed. You are allowed to speak with her for short amounts of time over a tranciever, and she assures you she wants the client to be found guilty. You eventually get to a point hours in, everyone is on-edge and the trial is rapidly coming to a close. You are given a choice as Phoenix Wright, plead Guilty and thus have the true killer incarcerated and thus having Maya murdered, or take what evidence you have and go for a "Not Guilty" verdict. This will set Maya free, but in doing so you will have freed a murderer and someone else will take the fall for the crime. Not sure how Maya would feel about that!

choice_zpsldsfrnlv.png

Well, what would you choose? More importantly, what's the hardest decision you've forced yourself to make in a video game?

Ps. Sorry if this post was needlessly long

anubist800 likes this

i would choose to plead guilty after all it is JUSTICE FOR ALL also most of the desicions that actually mattered were in skyrim i literally dont remember jackshit of anything else other than that it wouldve in been in a tell tale game

hmmmm...

i dont really play games that prompt me to make decisions. i either play games that have a set path and involve gameplay blocking that path, or games that have no path at all i.e. open world do whatever you want but also here is a storyline to follow whenever you like a.k.a skyrim.

i dont really have 1 to add.

Hardest decision...probably making Mordin press the button that would save the krogans but cost him his life. The one time in a videogame i almost became teary eyed was that scene.

rairoken16 likes this

I plead guilty because i can't destroy the life of sunglass girl and second when maya give me a letter telling me alias Phoenix Wright she will never forgive me if i let the bad guy Win so i plead guilty believing is sacrifice will not be in vain and to say fuck you bad guy you will not get away but the ending finish very well . :D no my most difficult decision was in dragon age origin about let the dwarfs made golems or not . And when i must save the son of arl eamon or have sex with a desire demon. I choose destroy the formula to make golem and save the son of arl eamon. After i regret saying myself fuck few dwarfs sacrifices can make the difference to save a race and the second screw the child i want sex with the desire demon !

Oh Geez, I'll go with Season 2 of The Walking Dead by Telltale at the end where *spolier* you were forced to shoot either Kenny or AJ.

Hardest decision I ever had to make was in a game called Advent Rising. At the beginning you are given a choice to choose your brother or your wife. Of course there was suppose to be a trilogy of the game however it was canceled after the PSP release to low sales. Really wanted to see where my decision went.  

choosing between Blue,Green or red ending in Mass effect 3 

E4nCvfL.gif

Jokes like this make me wish I was colorblind.
Alexander452 likes this

Jokes like this make me wish I was colorblind.

....But i am colorblind 

anubist800 likes this

I plead guilty because i can't destroy the life of sunglass girl and second when maya give me a letter telling me alias Phoenix Wright she will never forgive me if i let the bad guy Win so i plead guilty believing is sacrifice will not be in vain and to say fuck you bad guy you will not get away but the ending finish very well . :D no my most difficult decision was in dragon age origin about let the dwarfs made golems or not . And when i must save the son of arl eamon or have sex with a desire demon. I choose destroy the formula to make golem and save the son of arl eamon. After i regret saying myself fuck few dwarfs sacrifices can make the difference to save a race and the second screw the child i want sex with the desire demon !

Haha so you've played Ace Attorney too? Well, you know that *spoilers* it all gets resolved well in the end... If you played it right. Man that last 3 part puzzle was tough! A lot of people say Justice For All didn't have the best soundtrack of the original saga, which may be true, but the mysteries where just as good! Except for maybe the circus one.

Go with the guilty sentence.. and then enact justice of my own *puts on sunglasses*

Hardest decision for me was in dragon age inquisition. SPOILERS deciding to save the chargers or the dreadnaught. Because of the brief bonding time I actually cared about the chargers and iron bull's sake which conflicted with my usual ways of turning everything I could to my advantage and definitely wanting a mutha fucking dreadnaught ship on my side. I actually had to turn the game off for a bit to decide. I saved the chargers in the end.

Wow, I seriously need to play the next Ace Attorney, only played the first one and looks like it's getting way way waaaaaaaay more interesting

And the hardest decisions I had to do was probably Dragon Age : Origins where you have to choose between giving the God Baby to Morrigan or killing yourself. Of course, it's stupid now but put it back in the context, you had no idea of what Morrigan would do with this baby and you had to take that risk or die or sacrifice the king.

God its worst if you are colorblind . XD

eh, i manage

Having my copy of me3 sold after experiencing the disappointing beginning, middle, and end of the story and hoping a proper fix to it would've come.

Well Basher, i believe we already know that the guilty guys was SPOILER CAREFUL .... the wheelchair guys but in difficulties it was ... something. Fuck the clown guys how many time i was game over because of this moron.

BasherCreator likes this

eh, i manage

It was frustrating when you tried to finish ME3 multiple times for the different ending just to realize you achieved the ending multiple times, but didn't notice because the colors appeared the same to you!

Do I play as a Hunter, Bouncer, or Braver in PSO2?

Sega, why did you have to make them all so tempting?

BasherCreator likes this

It was frustrating when you tried to finish ME3 multiple times for the different ending just to realize you achieved the ending multiple times, but didn't notice because the colors appeared the same to you!

im colorblind, not totally blind

Oh this is my most scary thoughs. One day to be blind. This and my hands cut. Everything else dosent matter. XD

Oh this is my most scary thoughs. One day to be blind. This and my hands cut. Everything else dosent matter. XD

I don't get it.

You can still fap while blind!

Alexander452 likes this

For me my hardest decision would probably be actually this morning surprisingly lol. I was feeding a akali hard well playing Vladimir in League Of Legends and it did not look good for us at all.

Through out the match my heart rate was racing breathing was difficult and my head was throbbing throughout it was such a rush XD. 

After I did a bunch of calls, pings, and a few plays I managed to carry us.

My final kda was 26/6/19 and the akali was 43/17/4.

That for me was the hardest decisions for me because the game completely rode on me being able to carry and make the right calls. I really hope that doesn't make me sound egotistical XD.

anubist800 and BasherCreator like this

Thats funny. What you just live i live it but when i was fighting against sigma in megaman x. Sadly i never finish the game so much the final battle is so intense .

RavenKitsune likes this