• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jitterdoomer

Resident Evil Revelations 2 for PC removes Local Co-Op mode, seriously Capcom??!

21 posts in this topic

http://www.incgamers.com/2015/02/resident-evil-revelations-2-players-unhappy-at-lack-of-pc-offline-co-op

Prior to launch, Capcom promised that they will have local co-op mode which consists of AI buddy or two player split screen co-op mode, but when the game was release it turns out that the local co-op mode was removed at the release! Reminiscent of Far Cry 3 PC's local co-op debacle. Not only it was false advertising, but this is an insult to the fans of the game who pre-ordered this version just to look forward for the local co-op feature for the PC.

Realistically speaking, who the hell would want to play local co op on PC? That's normally for console games!

But that's not really the issue of the game. The real issue is why is there no online co op in the game? Kind of odd since the game is about cooperating with your budy. Maybe there will be a patch later. 

I'm currently playing the game right now, and I'll give my detailed thoughts on it later, but for those that are interested to know how the game is like, the game uses RE6's combat mechanic, but removed the sprint slide, instant kill counter attacks and hip shot, which is a shame because those things are great for combat. Hell there's a returning mode in the game called Raid where they use the locations from 6 and you can get different weapons and level them up by completing different objectives, just like Revelations before it. It's quite fun!

Both the story mode and Raid mode are different. The story mode is more like Revelations where you explore the area and solve puzzles while trying to conserve ammo for the bosses later. You can switch characters manually and it's important to solve puzzles and progress in the game. Raid mode is, well, like Raid mode in the first Revelations, and it's still fun leveling up characters and unlock weapons and perks to make killings easier. I will probably play the first episode and then wait till all 4 of the episodes are released next month before I continue the story mode. In the meantime I'll just play the Raid mode, as HUNK and maybe Wesker. I might not be as versatile as in 6 while playing but I can still throw down with zombies and make them eat my lead. 

Crazycrab likes this

^ Doesn't Resident Evil 6 have this feature? Because Xinput helped improves local multiplayer for the PC than using Keyboard and Mouse

I don't get why Capcom keep doing this to themselves.

Realistically speaking, who the hell would want to play local co op on PC? That's normally for console games!

In my experience. Its ideal for those who don't have strong internet connections or their internet is non-existent to begin with. My buddy had a pc, but no internet connection. I'd have him come over to my apartment to play some local co-ops together or lend him my connection so he could download new or old titles to play.

Its not necessary for everyone, but there are those in which its a need. Times are hard. Especially when internet is charging you up the ass for going over your "data cap" >:/ Net Neutrality... I need you to come back... ( Well for others I do. In my case I switched to Comcast Business. I pay more, but at least I don't have to worry about data caps)

Kaz32 likes this

^ Doesn't Resident Evil 6 have this feature? Because Xinput helped improves local multiplayer for the PC than using Keyboard and Mouse

Yes, but that game also have online multiplayer, and online multiplayer's a much more needed feature than local multiplayer, especially for PC. It's nice to have both though. Just wait for the patch that will include local PC multiplayer.

In my experience. Its ideal for those who don't have strong internet connections or their internet is non-existent to begin with. My buddy had a pc, but no internet connection. I'd have him come over to my apartment to play some local co-ops together or lend him my connection so he could download new or old titles to play.

Its not necessary for everyone, but there are those in which its a need. Times are hard. Especially when internet is charging you up the ass for going over your "data cap" >:/ Net Neutrality... I need you to come back... ( Well for others I do. In my case I switched to Comcast Business. I pay more, but at least I don't have to worry about data caps)

Man, there's people that still doesn't have internet connection? That's the worst!

Oh well, like I have said, there's always a patch to fix things! I'm guessing it'll come later after the whole 4 episodes are released. Maybe it'll include online mutliplayer too.

Man, there's people that still doesn't have internet connection? That's the worst!

Oh well, like I have said, there's always a patch to fix things! I'm guessing it'll come later after the whole 4 episodes are released. Maybe it'll include online mutliplayer too.

The struggle is real for a lot of people. Some have to pick and choose what they can have, although in his case its because he's going through college. I did tell him to just toss out the cable and just stick with internet. He'd come out better that way.

The struggle is real for a lot of people. Some have to pick and choose what they can have, although in his case its because he's going through college. I did tell him to just toss out the cable and just stick with internet. He'd come out better that way.

Doesn't he have smartphone 4G internet? Or maybe he doesn't even have a smartphone.... Man that sucks.

Ah well, may he graduate, get a decent wage from his part time job and finally get a good internet later.

Doesn't he have smartphone 4G internet? Or maybe he doesn't even have a smartphone.... Man that sucks.

Ah well, may he graduate, get a decent wage from his part time job and finally get a good internet later.

He has sprint. Sprint's 4g is bascially non-existent. Don't even know why they promote it on their phones >:/ Unless its primarily used in city areas which we don't live in.

Meh... Now-a-days you see those with degrees in horrible jobs. Really depends on who you know and the area you live in. Come out with a degree for the job you want and they say "oh thats nice you got a degree... but you have no experience so we can't hire you".... "How do I get experience if you don't hire me?"....."Try these entry level positions in these type of areas for a few years." ......"So I could have just skipped college is what your telling me?" ...."Eh...well we only care if you can do the work."

Joys of the working world. But yes, still yet local co-op is needed. Its also nice to have in those moments your connection is acting up and you happen to be rooming with the person you co-op with. There are many reasons to have it for those in special types of situations. It simply doesn't hurt anyone for them to include it.

He has sprint. Sprint's 4g is bascially non-existent. Don't even know why they promote it on their phones >:/ Unless its primarily used in city areas which we don't live in.

Meh... Now-a-days you see those with degrees in horrible jobs. Really depends on who you know and the area you live in. Come out with a degree for the job you want and they say "oh thats nice you got a degree... but you have no experience so we can't hire you".... "How do I get experience if you don't hire me?"....."Try these entry level positions in these type of areas for a few years." ......"So I could have just skipped college is what your telling me?" ...."Eh...well we only care if you can do the work."

Joys of the working world. But yes, still yet local co-op is needed. Its also nice to have in those moments your connection is acting up and you happen to be rooming with the person you co-op with. There are many reasons to have it for those in special types of situations. It simply doesn't hurt anyone for them to include it.

That's the sad truth. You can't straight away get a job after graduating, you need experience first. But hey! At least he'll make more money than me. I only got $350 per month for my job even though I'm supposed to get $3,000 per month, all because I'm in Indonesia and not Australia. Currently I have $10,000 in my account. $2,000 from 1 year of work and $8,000 from a matured insurance interest. If I work in Australia, I can get the same amount total from working 4 months. But I'm fine with that. Everyone has to start small after all.

Well speaking of this issue, what do you know, Capcom apologises!

http://ap.ign.com/m/resident-evil-revelations-2/87088/news/capcom-issues-apology-for-resident-evil-revelation

Told ya, a patch will be coming soon!

...totally off topic but I can't help it...but FUCKING DUDE TELL ME ABOUT IT..

I spent my entire school life, primary, secondary, highschool, and college as the "computer nerd genius' to my classmates, and since I was like.. I dunno, 9?! I wanted to be a computer programmer, and I was 9 in 1992... computer programming was NOT a relatively normal job for kids to desire back then. THAT was my goal in life, and that IS what I excelled towards since then... But after graduating college, highest grades of my class.... I couldn't land a fucking 'entry level' job because...because... I never had 'work experience' flipping burgers at mcdonalds or burger king or whatever....

.... I can walk, I can stand, but only for like an hour, if I know I need to do more, I use my doctor-prescribed wheelchair... I HAVE A FUCKING GOVERNMENT SUPPLIED WHEELCHAIR, and 'entry level' computer programming jobs denied my applications (for so many years now I gave up... my life is a failure... yes I'm a failure at life, now I do minimum wage work for life, and EVEN THAT, is hard to get, I can't move, I can't career change... I need to hold on to minimum wage like it's my fucking lung) because I don't have work experience, like... entry level requires work experience...and don't kid me, nobody has work experience in an entry level job beyond burger flipping/counter-serving, both of which require standing for hours...which I can't do...fuck.

If my family was some important business owning whatever. I could get a job part of them and go from there...But no, my family is not, so I'm fucked...for life. I  mean I'm not a starving kid in a 3rd world country, I realize that. I'm not complaining about my life, I enjoy what I have. I'm complaining about the JUDGEMENT people inflict upon me around me. Like they think I should be capable of more, when I'm capable of better than them, but have never been given a chance to be.. UGHAASFLKGAHG

Sorry. I can go on for 100X more than this. Just sympathizing...yeah...It's possible to be a good un-lazy person, and be fucked for work/money, yes it is. It pisses me the hell off when people insinuate otherwise.

I think Kaz has point, local play on PC is a bit like an top view RTS on console. The platform itself just isn't really suited for it and most of the userbase is geared towards it either.

But I'm not defending Capcom here, stripping out a feature for a game on one platform and not others is clearly unnaceptable. Leaving a feuture in requires little to no effort and it should be left optional.

That's the sad truth. You can't straight away get a job after graduating, you need experience first. But hey! At least he'll make more money than me. I only got $350 per month for my job even though I'm supposed to get $3,000 per month, all because I'm in Indonesia and not Australia. Currently I have $10,000 in my account. $2,000 from 1 year of work and $8,000 from a matured insurance interest. If I work in Australia, I can get the same amount total from working 4 months. But I'm fine with that. Everyone has to start small after all.

Well speaking of this issue, what do you know, Capcom apologises!

http://ap.ign.com/m/resident-evil-revelations-2/87088/news/capcom-issues-apology-for-resident-evil-revelation

Told ya, a patch will be coming soon!

Its true, a pain, but true enough. Though it is nice when you get those breaks in life that propel you further, and by breaks I mean getting to know the right people to get you where you need to be. Its nice having connections.

Naturally they would have to. Can't go back on your promises Capcom.

...totally off topic but I can't help it...but FUCKING DUDE TELL ME ABOUT IT..

I spent my entire school life, primary, secondary, highschool, and college as the "computer nerd genius' to my classmates, and since I was like.. I dunno, 9?! I wanted to be a computer programmer, and I was 9 in 1992... computer programming was NOT a relatively normal job for kids to desire back then. THAT was my goal in life, and that IS what I excelled towards since then... But after graduating college, highest grades of my class.... I couldn't land a fucking 'entry level' job because...because... I never had 'work experience' flipping burgers at mcdonalds or burger king or whatever....

.... I can walk, I can stand, but only for like an hour, if I know I need to do more, I use my doctor-prescribed wheelchair... I HAVE A FUCKING GOVERNMENT SUPPLIED WHEELCHAIR, and 'entry level' computer programming jobs denied my applications (for so many years now I gave up... my life is a failure... yes I'm a failure at life, now I do minimum wage work for life, and EVEN THAT, is hard to get, I can't move, I can't career change... I need to hold on to minimum wage like it's my fucking lung) because I don't have work experience, like... entry level requires work experience...and don't kid me, nobody has work experience in an entry level job beyond burger flipping/counter-serving, both of which require standing for hours...which I can't do...fuck.

If my family was some important business owning whatever. I could get a job part of them and go from there...But no, my family is not, so I'm fucked...for life. I  mean I'm not a starving kid in a 3rd world country, I realize that. I'm not complaining about my life, I enjoy what I have. I'm complaining about the JUDGEMENT people inflict upon me around me. Like they think I should be capable of more, when I'm capable of better than them, but have never been given a chance to be.. UGHAASFLKGAHG

Sorry. I can go on for 100X more than this. Just sympathizing...yeah...It's possible to be a good un-lazy person, and be fucked for work/money, yes it is. It pisses me the hell off when people insinuate otherwise.

My friend. I was in your place, but I discovered something wonderful. I fixed computers for people. Replaced parts, cleaned out viruses, cleaned out the dust no one bothers to can air at least once a month if nothing else. I set up a price for it and you know what? That counts as entry level work believe it or not. Take what you know, apply it in a way that gets you money and your good. You don't have to wait for that one job, just find a way to get money on your own doing what you enjoy. I prefer working for myself compared to working under someone else.

Wait, I thought local play existed for all PC games! All you have to do bring your computer over to a friend's house and hook it up via LAN.

Not kidding, PC fanboys say that.

On topic, whilst I don't condone what Capcom have done, the PC just isn't set up for local play. That's been the case ever since people started playing games on personal computers. How many PC players would have used this realistically?

This is pretty stupid and a dick move by Capcom to withhold this information until just before the release. Especially considering RE 6 HAD offline Co-op.

Jinzuro likes this

Wait, I thought local play existed for all PC games! All you have to do bring your computer over to a friend's house and hook it up via LAN.

Not kidding, PC fanboys say that.

On topic, whilst I don't condone what Capcom have done, the PC just isn't set up for local play. That's been the case ever since people started playing games on personal computers. How many PC players would have used this realistically?

Aside from the other issue I mentioned, there are still those who have Lan parties. Friends get together not only to game but to also actually hang out aside from a distance and talking through a mic.

Aside from the other issue I mentioned, there are still those who have Lan parties. Friends get together not only to game but to also actually hang out aside from a distance and talking through a mic.

Don't get me wrong, I get the point LAN partys but I just see as another form of network play instead of proper local play like consoles have. The only difference is you're playing on a Local Area Network instead of a Wide Area Network (Internet). Each player is still using an independent system to run their copy of the game, whereas what I would call local play involves two or more players interfacing with the same system to play the same game.

On the bright side:

The developer of this mod tells that Capcom will add local co-op on multiplayer on the upcoming patch, stay tuned. But for now, try this mod.

Don't get me wrong, I get the point LAN partys but I just see as another form of network play instead of proper local play like consoles have. The only difference is you're playing on a Local Area Network instead of a Wide Area Network (Internet). Each player is still using an independent system to run their copy of the game, whereas what I would call local play involves two or more players interfacing with the same system to play the same game.

Ah, gotcha. I can see your point on the matter.