• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

o2Neoxide

How About a Skyforge Guild?

8 posts in this topic

Hey fellow AJSA members,

I am o2Neoxide, an AJSA member who has been with the Angry Army for what feels like almost a year and a half. Recently, I've been playing a decent amount of Guild Wars 2, and MMORPG. I have been looking for other recently emerging MMORPGs and one that has caught my eye is 'Skyforge.'

I'm sure a lot of you have already hear of Skyforge since it has been highly anticipated over the span of a year. If you are an MMORPG fan and have not heard of this game, I suggest you check it out as soon as possible. The gameplay looks phenomenal and possibly the answer to the perfect MMORPG. With a new combat system, beautiful graphics and an already huge community fanbase, this game should be able to top any gaming list. And what's even better is that this game has been announced as 'free-to-play' once fully launched.

Skyforge is currently under development and is close to releasing the first Closed Beta on March 11. I have bought a founder pack, myself and am interested in finding other players (specifically guild members) to play Skyforge with. This brought me to the thought of expanding the AJSA guild into Skyforge since it seems like a game where we can all play together and progress as a guild, and possibly participate in events as a guild.

If you think that creating an AJSA guild in Skyforge is a good idea, I'd love for you to leave a comment and we'll see how the support goes. If the guild plans doesn't go ahead, I'm still willing to play with others, so PM me, and I'll get in touch.

- o2Neoxide

This is a game on my radar but I am waiting for it to release before trying it out myself. If you happen to get in to any early access let me know how it is.

King Axper likes this

Yeh it is a pretty sick game. I have bought a founder's pack for Skyforge, so I am going to be playing early access. I will be giving my opinion on the game just for people who are interested.

-o2Neoxide

Man i am so hyped for this game.

I have trying everything to get my hands on a closed beta key or a founders pack , from trying to make money online doing music reviews to doing surveys only to find out that i need a credit card to cash that money wich i dont have .

so please if you have heared any new about some sites giving away a founders pack or a closed beta key then do let me know .

And since you bought a founders pack tell me if the game is a s good as it looks and keep us posted please, Thank you.

Haha,

The struggle is real, aye? Yeah, I'm lucky that I only recently got a card to pay for stuff online and I'm so happy now. I used to look for sites like you but so many of them are either fake or just require way too much time or effort for someone like me to be bothered to do. But I will keep you updated on how the game is.

- o2Neoxide

I have already purchased the founders pack so starting from tomorrow (cbt) i will be playing it.
Freaking excited for this game. So are you guys going to play on EU or US servers?

Hey,

I am currently playing on the NA server. Skyforge is alright so far, but I'm kind of disappointed since it's not as good as hyped but I'm still determined on playing it for a while.

The game follows the line of more traditional MMORPGs in the sense that most of the time you are doing quests, mainly related to killing stuff. But it also follows the lines of Warframe where you are set into different instances or dungeons.

The abilities and combat system is nice and is fast-paced which is fun. Most of the enemies you face tend to actually attack with aggression and not just sloppy fighting. Each fight could lead to your death depending on how aware you are and how fast you can anticipate a move. The abilities are good and do make sense compared to their class. It's nice to see a variety in AOE and single-unit based skills but I have only played Cryomancer so far so I'm not sure if everything is balanced. At least I know that even as a mage of sorts, I can fight and live on my own. It helps that health orbs drop after each kill, or bar drops on a boss.

This is as much as I can remember, apart from the semi-decent cinematics which are filled with small voiced-over dialogue that is slighting lengthy but able to quickly skip. The only problem with the dialogue is that you are prompted to press a button to continue dialogue which is slightly a pain, even though I cannot explain why.

If you still want to get the game, I'm not going to stop you. The game isn't as bad as some of the YouTubers have claimed it to be, but the game does have its downs. I'm still enjoying the game though, and I like the fact that I haven't actually seen a microtransaction page yet. Remember, Skyforge is going to be a F2P game which does not mean it has to be perfect.

-o2Neoxide

I've been in the closed beta for a while myself, but a couple of things bug me at the current stage of the game, namely:

1- No group finder/LFG tool for the 3-player squad missions, which are pretty numerous. This game feels built to be VERY enjoyable with a party, but if you're playing solo it's a pretty big stopgap.

2- Eventual Pay2Win, because people who pre-order the game and sink money into it get special currency (this is fine!) which can be traded for in-game currency (starting to be less fine) which is used to upgrade your equipment slots and purchase the materials needed to do so. Unless they change their policy on what the cash shop contains this could be a pretty bad thing, because they limit how much in-game currency you can earn per week, but in-game currency purchased with real world money through this exchange does not count towards the weekly limit.

Still, I'd be down for playing with a group.