• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

McChicken6677

Heroes of the Strom

5 posts in this topic

Anyone Else playing Heroes of the Storm? I never have been into the other MOBA type games but HOTS seems to be easier to get into and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I'd like to party up with some people in this community 

Feel free to add me

McChicken#1520

I haven't tried it, dunno if I ever will, but I do have some interest, maybe I will. Maybe.

I don't know why, so far I never really liked any MOBA style games all that much, but I don't think the fault lies in their games so much as their communities...and I don't even mean people being mean or disrespectful. I actually have found very little bad behavior playing LoL compared to DotA1, WoW, pretty much any other blizzard game come to think of it (except warcraft 2 and diablo 1), and many other games. But even in MOBA matches where everyone is relatively ok, I don't like their teamwork and playing mentality. I'm not saying they are worse teammates than I or anything but...Well, I play MOBA's to win, and one method of winning is to make more gold than the other team, and overpower them, that's what I like to do. so naturally I try to get more killing blows on creeps than everyone else (and I don't mean stealing from allies), I try to get the dragon/golem/baron whenever I can, when it's spawned... etc. I'll gank or kill an enemy if it is convenient to do so...But I will NOT waste 2 minutes running across the map simply to 'set up' a gank. Because that's 2 minutes of no profit, and they remain dead for like 90 seconds, and they make cash killing creeps during the 2 minutes I take to GET to the gank... NOT PROFITABLE.

Yet that's how everyone else plays MOBA's... sure, they kill creeps for like the first 5 minutes or so, but then after that all everyone seems to care about is ganking, setting up ganks, etc. I get called out for not stupidly running away from what I'm doing (most likely saving 3 towers by then since they tend to die really fast when everyone is more worried about ganking than creeps) to help with fights that are across the entire effing map. So naturally, I do what I don't actually WANT to do, just so my team doesn't hate me.

THATS why I hate MOBAs, because I feel like I'm on a fucking leash the whole time doing not what I want, not what my instinct says, but what I know I'm expected to do. blech.

So uhh..Yeah, I'm interested in the theory and mechanics of a new MOBA, but somehow I just know I'll still be doing NOT what I want to for my team every damn game... And in the end, when people feel I wasn't helping? I often made more gold than the entire team of mine except maybe that one ganker guy who WILL killsteal every chance he gets... and just so you know, if I see a teammate half a map away in trouble, I WILL go out to help them (unless their situation is utterly hopless).. I'm NOT a lone wolf or a bad team player, I'm actually a very very good team player, but most people just assume I'm bad because they think they know better and anything that isn't their way is the bad way (I know I sound the same way but I'm not saying they're bad for doing things their way, I only think people are bad when they expect EVERYONE ELSE to do things their way).

McChicken6677 and rairoken16 like this

I haven't tried it, dunno if I ever will, but I do have some interest, maybe I will. Maybe.

I don't know why, so far I never really liked any MOBA style games all that much, but I don't think the fault lies in their games so much as their communities...and I don't even mean people being mean or disrespectful. I actually have found very little bad behavior playing LoL compared to DotA1, WoW, pretty much any other blizzard game come to think of it (except warcraft 2 and diablo 1), and many other games. But even in MOBA matches where everyone is relatively ok, I don't like their teamwork and playing mentality. I'm not saying they are worse teammates than I or anything but...Well, I play MOBA's to win, and one method of winning is to make more gold than the other team, and overpower them, that's what I like to do. so naturally I try to get more killing blows on creeps than everyone else (and I don't mean stealing from allies), I try to get the dragon/golem/baron whenever I can, when it's spawned... etc. I'll gank or kill an enemy if it is convenient to do so...But I will NOT waste 2 minutes running across the map simply to 'set up' a gank. Because that's 2 minutes of no profit, and they remain dead for like 90 seconds, and they make cash killing creeps during the 2 minutes I take to GET to the gank... NOT PROFITABLE.

Yet that's how everyone else plays MOBA's... sure, they kill creeps for like the first 5 minutes or so, but then after that all everyone seems to care about is ganking, setting up ganks, etc. I get called out for not stupidly running away from what I'm doing (most likely saving 3 towers by then since they tend to die really fast when everyone is more worried about ganking than creeps) to help with fights that are across the entire effing map. So naturally, I do what I don't actually WANT to do, just so my team doesn't hate me.

THATS why I hate MOBAs, because I feel like I'm on a fucking leash the whole time doing not what I want, not what my instinct says, but what I know I'm expected to do. blech.

So uhh..Yeah, I'm interested in the theory and mechanics of a new MOBA, but somehow I just know I'll still be doing NOT what I want to for my team every damn game... And in the end, when people feel I wasn't helping? I often made more gold than the entire team of mine except maybe that one ganker guy who WILL killsteal every chance he gets... and just so you know, if I see a teammate half a map away in trouble, I WILL go out to help them (unless their situation is utterly hopless).. I'm NOT a lone wolf or a bad team player, I'm actually a very very good team player, but most people just assume I'm bad because they think they know better and anything that isn't their way is the bad way (I know I sound the same way but I'm not saying they're bad for doing things their way, I only think people are bad when they expect EVERYONE ELSE to do things their way).

I assume you play a lot of jungling since you talk a lot about ganking. Have you ever tried playing other roles?

Also play your jungle role the way you want to, don't let anyone else rush you or tell you what to do. Gank when you think you can gank and get a kill, not when someone tells you. I remember a few games when I play jungle and then one of my lanes start losing and they get so desperate for a gank that they want me to gank while enemy lane is tower hugging. 

Jungling is one of the shittier roles to play because everyone blames you for losing their lane but that's why you should just ignore or mute such players. It's also one of the reasons I avoid the role a lot. And when I do play it and someone starts giving me shit, I ignore them by muting so I can focus properly on the game and my other lanes. 

Also sometimes just muting teammates who piss you off is the best idea. What level and tier are you?

As for Heroes of the Storm, I haven't played it on my own account but played a bit on my friend's. The game is really fun and good. I'll probably play it once it's released. 

What really through me off other mobas, was the communities. I just got yelled at the whole time without someone trying to help me learn the game.  My experience with HOTS has been positive, It also helps that the game is still in beta so others are learning the game as well. 

I've just started playing HoTS myself and I'm completely new to MOBAs. Feel free to add me. TurtlRunFast#1358