• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Conan

The Final Stand of the Angry Army in Planetside 2

39 posts in this topic

oYilBp5.jpg

Greetings,

it pains me to announce that Planetside 2 will be discontinued as an official game for the Angry Army and will henceforth be listed among the Community Games. We saw ourselves forced to do so due to steadily declining numbers over the past couple of months and the cynicism and partly even toxicity that both players and staff members alike developed due to the apparent inability of Daybreak Games to keep the game in a playable state for some of them.

============================================================

As a result the staff will be disbanded and official operations will cease to be hosted, following a final operation Saturday, the 14th of March at 7 pm GMT/ 2 pm EST. I invite all people who played with us in the past and all people who might be interested in the game, to join us for this last event, to give the game/ outfit the proper farewell it deserves. The outfit itself will remain, for there is no reason to disband it. However with the outfit itself lacking any leadership, we would not be surprised if the active players look for different outfits to join. As such we would like to formally recommend you to join our allied outfits the Black Widow Company (ts: ts.the-bwc.com ) or the Terran Republic Assault Force (ts: TRAF.teamspeak3.com ), should you be looking for a new outfit to join.

============================================================

Planetside 2 has been among the longest supported games for the AJSA. It has been around for 16 months, lasting through both good and bad times. We had the privilege of being joined by a myriad of extraordinary people throughout this time, enabling us to have countless memorable events throughout the time spent here. As such I invite you to share your fond experiences, war stories and footage you might have gathered here with the rest of the players.

Faizyr, Ysnar, Dyzzles and 10 others like this

While this is mostly unsurprising, I'm sure most of us thought we'd hold out a bit longer than we did. As it is, 16 months is nothing to sneeze at. Coming it at the tail end of that run time, I definitely enjoyed myself for the most part(FPS drops and such have diminished my enjoyment of late).

Conan likes this

As a former sergeant of this outfit who hasn't played for over a year (due to switching to a laptop), its sad to hear that the game is being affected by new corporate ownership/reshuffling... it was great while it lasted, especially after that great optimization patch long ago.  Even though its farfetched, lets hope that the situation gets turned around, as this game is truly one of a kind.

hey guys kian here ................i...it..its realy blowing my mind to see that this will be our last OP on PS2.

i wanted to thank all of you who gave me the most awsomest experiance i have ever had in my life and for the awards that i have been recommended on.

i would like to thank Crazykidsbite for recruting me to scrub squad and giving me a hell of lot of laughs over the event and of course for the MVP recommendation.

you guys are like a second familiy to me and i hate to see this game die but i guess we have to move on..................

IF THIS IS OUR LAST FIGHT´............OUR LAST STAND AGAINST THE SO CALLED NC FREEDOMFIGHTERS ..................... OUR LAST STAND AGAINST THE VS HERETICS AND CULTISTS.......................THAN LET THEM COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE SHALL FIGHT  UNTILL OUR VERY LAST BULLET LEFT OUR BARREL!

WE SHALL FIGHT WITH OUR BARE HANDS IF NECESSARY!

WE SHALL FIGHT WITH OUR FULL FORCE AND SO SHALL WE STRIKE!

WE SHALL FALL IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE AND SO SHALL WE BE REMEMBERED!

COME ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!! FORWARD TO GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE TERRAN REPUBLIC!!!!! FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!! FOR  THE AJSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallpaper_tr.jpg

planetside_2__terran_republic_wallpaper_

i see you all on the field ................. farewell brothers >:)

Going to be out of town. Wish I could have been on more. Been working almost everyday for the last eight months and my work hours don't lineup well with event hours. Still, the events I was able to attend were really fun. Hopefully they will get the game fixed and we can try again. It's been fun, hope to see y'all around later.

5h2yf.jpg

BlackOpsElf and Conan like this

I would also like to point out the AJSA has been around Planetside 2 since the Beta, and the Outfit has been Operational since November 2012.  Our First Campaign lasted about 6 Months; and this Second Campaign lasting for 16 Months is all the more impressive.  

I hope the leaders and veterans of the Second Campaign will make use of the Unofficial/Official Game Suggestion Forum to take their skills to start new Games for the AJSA to support.  

Should the game merit our support, I hope to see many returning Veterans in WarHammer 40K: Eternal Crusade!

I was here for the first OPs, time I join the TR and AJSA again for the last stand!

Dark_Admiral and Conan like this

So glad I got to be a part of this. PS2 was, in many ways, a pseudo-brain child of mine. A FPS where size mattered and soloing was stupid. Few games can boast of the sheer audacity this game had, I mean, thousands per server? On a few maps? SOE may have been idiots, but you must admit, it took some genius to pull this off.

Anyway, death to our enemies.

Conan likes this

I don't see any reason why we should drop the Angry Army name in PS2 and join other outfits (unless they think the other names are cooler).  PS2 is just dropped to unofficial and community state, right?  So lets hold onto the name and be that rare Angry Army guy surrounded by 382's and other outfits because we stand out! 

DoctorEvil likes this

the angry army was kinda dead in planetside for years , in the point of view of : there are only a handful of people in the ajsa that actually were BR100  and there are always new people playing it but nobody stays to play it for long. 

i personally every time i  played, i played for  4 months straight but then stop for quite a while. and that happends everytime.

the game is just not interesting enough to keep people in. 

I don't see any reason why we should drop the Angry Army name in PS2 and join other outfits (unless they think the other names are cooler).  PS2 is just dropped to unofficial and community state, right?  So lets hold onto the name and be that rare Angry Army guy surrounded by 382's and other outfits because we stand out! 

While I'm sure some people will move on to BWC and TRAF, I know at least a few will stay with the outfit. The in-game outfit is not being shut down, and I'll remain in it. For those still looking to get together in not-so-official squads once the official events are shut down, I would be up for that.

All that's really happening is that the game is no longer being officially supported or having formal events planned for it. That doesn't prevent us from continuing to operate in an informal capacity for as long as there are AJA members who aren't tired of Planetside.

BlackOpsElf and hunter_5988 like this

While I'm sure some people will move on to BWC and TRAF, I know at least a few will stay with the outfit. The in-game outfit is not being shut down, and I'll remain in it. For those still looking to get together in not-so-official squads once the official events are shut down, I would be up for that.

All that's really happening is that the game is no longer being officially supported or having formal events planned for it. That doesn't prevent us from continuing to operate in an informal capacity for as long as there are AJA members who aren't tired of Planetside.

Same.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been a part of this PS2 outfit for the last 16 months.  I have been proud to be with the Angry Army on PS2 since the relaunch of the Army.  While I have my fair share of gripes regarding PS2 (is there anyone who doesn't at this point?), I have way more good memories than bad, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.  I will also be remaining with the in-game outfit, and look forward to seeing anyone else who feels like playing.

That said, I'm glad to have one last chance to show all of the other outfits and players on Emerald why the AJSA has been a force to be reckoned with for the last 16 months.  Here's to the AJSA, and the Terran Republic!

terran_republic_xpera_arc_wallpaper_by_p

Damn this sucks. I've been pretty absent recently can someone fill me in on some of the specifics of why the game is being discontinued here? 

Most quoted issues were balancing, debugging, optimization, server latency, intentional ganging up on AJA by other factions and ownership's handling of the community, plus new management's activity signaled a good time to exit. Probably the most popular issue was the intentional buffing of the Vanu Sovereignty/ nerfing of NC and TR. It was common knowledge of the preferential treatment many devs were giving the VS. Now they are nearly impossible to beat. So we walk...

Damn this sucks. I've been pretty absent recently can someone fill me in on some of the specifics of why the game is being discontinued here? 

It is basically because of 3 main points, that all influence each other.

1. Technical difficulties

For the past couple of months the game had quite a few issues for different players. Some experienced decreasing FPS, without any explanation to it. Some had high ping. I myself couldn't really play the game for about a month due to ping issues, where my ping at best was about 500-800 ms, but often spiking well over 1000 ms.

YeL3zek.jpg

2. That led to quite a bad attitude for many people about the game and especially about its developers. There were obviously the usual grievances with biased balancing, but over the last couple of months we barely saw any new content introduced to the game and even bug fixes were not too common. That coupled with the lay-offs at Daybreak Games even further caused declining attitudes to the game.

This attitude was conveyed in at best cynical comments about the game during normal gameplay and Op Nights. This cynicism over time devolved into a pretty toxic environment, where a large part of conversations seemed to consist of how broken the game is and how incompetent the devs are.

3. All of that led to declining numbers. The ping I and others experienced prevented the staff and me from holding casual playing sessions very often. At the beginning of the year we had between 30-40 active players attending Op Nights and gaming during the week frequently, but that number declined to about 10-20 players. During the last Op we only had 12 players who are not part of the staff and the trend pointed towards further declining numbers. Thus we decided it would be better and more dignified to hold one last great Op with all those who will attend (we expect attendance to be high at the last Op), rather than let the numbers decline to a point wherein the staff would make up the majority of the players during an Op or to a point where only the staff attends.

I myself regret that this is the case, but I know that this was inevitable. Over the last 16 months I spent close to 50 days (almost 1200 hours) ingame. The time spent playing the game with you guys was probably the most fulfilling experience of my gaming history and I cherish it deeply. And even as the game failed I knew, that I did not spend this much time in game because I love it; I spent this much time in game because I love the time I spent with the players of the Angry Army.

Well I wont be attending I would like to say the 24 hour marathon of planet side 2 was a incredibly  fun event and I was proud to be a part of it.

With that in mind I wish you all luck in your last stand for honor and glory. 

Fight and be remembered as a hero! Or die a coward and be forgotten!

Damn this sucks. Sucks even more since I'll be out of town. I hope you guys give them hell