• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
o Phillip o

iv run out of xbox live

16 posts in this topic

iv run out of xbox live so not really playing it as much also i may be getting a ps4 soon.  

you know you have to pay for both if you want to play online ? 

you dont have to pay for psn unless you get psn+, and not all games need psn+ to play online, or at least that's what i gathered from my friend who has a ps4 and psn+ and if you do get psn+ you get free games. 

How well does your PC act as a gaming rig?

You also get free games with xbox live gold. Not big AAA games but games like rayman or max: tale of brotherhood that are fun that would have slipped through a lot of peoples radars.

The seemingly bi- weekly sales are also pretty decent.

The 360 also had some really boss games for free like street fighter 4 and the witcher 2 a month or 2 ago.

I'm also pretty sure psn+ is required for multiplayer for all the big games with multiplayer.

If you already have even a decent pc, it would probably be cheaper and more practical to just upgrade that.

my pc is not a very good gaming rig and its a laptop so i cant upgrade it, well you probably could but i'm not going to try. it does run some big games e.g battlefield 4, but with a lot of lag not so much that its unplayable but just enough that you cant do much. i can barely run The Forest with all settings turned off or on low, well not a lot lag.

Windows 8.1

here are the specs for my laptop

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz   1.80 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor  

The only games you can play on the ps4 without ps+ are the free to play games.

my pc is not a very good gaming rig and its a laptop so i cant upgrade it, well you probably could but i'm not going to try. it does run some big games e.g battlefield 4, but with a lot of lag not so much that its unplayable but just enough that you cant do much. i can barely run The Forest with all settings turned off or on low, well not a lot lag.

Windows 8.1

What about graphics? Please tell me it's not some garbage integrated chip..

You can still play some of the less intensive and non-intensive oldies without a hitch.

Windows 8.1

What about graphics? Please tell me it's not some garbage integrated chip..

You can still play some of the less intensive and non-intensive oldies without a hitch.

Considering those specs it almost certainly is.  It's clearly a store bought laptop not designed with gaming in mind.

As a PS4 owner I'm going to try to clear up some of the details here.  I you want to play games online on PS4 PS+ is required (it's not required for online play on PS3 or Vita) and it's around the same price as Xbox Live gold.  PS+ also gives access to discounts on PSN and other features like cloud storage.

The Instant Game Collection gives you access to 2-3 free games each month for each platform as long as your a PS+ member, it's worth noting that you don't need to stay a member of XBox Live Gold for the equivalent Games With Gold service on XBox Live. 

Free to play online games like Warframe, WarThunder or the up and coming Planerside 2 do NOT require PS+ nor do paid subscription games like Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn.

I hope this helps.

well its got a sticker on it that says radeon graphics but that's all i know. and im mainly getting ps4 cause all my friends have upgraded to next gen and other mate doesn't really play that much of anything and i'm not getting an xbone one screw that, and the AJSA is mainly on next gen, im not saying its not on last gen because people are. 

If it says Radeon graphics, you at least have some 3D processing power which is better than onboard which is absolute garbage for semi or recent games.

If it says Radeon graphics, you at least have some 3D processing power which is better than onboard which is absolute garbage for semi or recent games.

All it means is that Radeon manufactured the motherboard and/or some other component. My old laptop had a Nvidea sticker on it and it was an onboard card which was no good for gaming. If you look a system information it will say under graphics what it is, the sticker means nothing.

The only way to truly find out is by using Speccy. If it shows "Intel HD ####" under graphics, the laptop is limited.

ok i found something in DirectX Diagnostic Tool and this is what it says:

Name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 

Manufacturer: Intel Coronation  

Chip Type: Intel® HD Graphics Family  

my friend who has a ps4 has just told me today you dont need psn+ to play online in any games