• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddrkreature

Prepare your net, reserve that storage, because Star Citizen is going to be MASSIVE!!!!!

14 posts in this topic

How big is a "big" game. Back in the days of PS3 and 360, I was impressed to see a game take up 3 360 disks. The largest in overall filesize I think was Max Payne 3 at just over 33 GB. Now a days that doesn't seem too bad and it seems that's becoming the norm. Right now, my biggest game, with DLC, is Shadow of Mordor at 55 GB.

And then you have Star Citizen. According to the dev,

"The gane compression and asset removal is unlikely to yeild such high gains that we will be able to reduce our client size to 30-40 GB......The size and number of assets that are left to deliver means that our client size is much more likely to be 100 GB."

And then you have the updates. How big are the updates? regular size is said to be from between 2-6 GB for regular patches and "big" patches will be anywhere from 14-20 GB.

Source - The Escapist

Personally, I think this is one of those times where a physical means of installing would be ideal. Especially if you have a data cap

Legion of Nerds likes this

This was expected. It was not going to be a well optimized game at the beginning. But a well and strong community for it to grow on. So things are going to pick up fast and changes are going to be made. People are both going to be happy and pissed off, but the sturdy groups (AJSA and plenty more)  going to stay and be passionate about this game and have fun. 

Legion of Nerds likes this

I already have an ssd for steam and windows and a 1tb hd for everything else. If it'll be 100gb I'll get a dedicated ssd for star citizen. They're cheap enough. 

Data caps will be a killer and even download speeds. I'm sure there will be a few ways to get a hardcopy. 

They're going to send out the ship usb so hopefully it'll be ok. 

I'm so glad I have 300mb vdsl with no data limit.

100 gb is not surprising me. Game get bigger with the time. Right now the biggest game that I have is x plane 10 with 80gb.

But thank the lord for unlimited internet.

Instead of going for more ships I've decided to ramp up to 16gb ram from 8gb and a second 240gb ssd hd for the game. 

I have the 325a and red cutlass. I might get a freelancer dur later but I'm looking forward to going on my own for a bit and earning my way to a new ship. I have no idea what I will like to in the actual game yet so no point in getting a dedicated huge multicrew ship just yet. 

Sure I'll be about the AJSA as a crew man if needed!

How big is a "big" game. Back in the days of PS3 and 360, I was impressed to see a game take up 3 360 disks. The largest in overall filesize I think was Max Payne 3 at just over 33 GB. Now a days that doesn't seem too bad and it seems that's becoming the norm. Right now, my biggest game, with DLC, is Shadow of Mordor at 55 GB.

And then you have Star Citizen. According to the dev,

And then you have the updates. How big are the updates? regular size is said to be from between 2-6 GB for regular patches and "big" patches will be anywhere from 14-20 GB.

Source - The Escapist

Personally, I think this is one of those times where a physical means of installing would be ideal. Especially if you have a data cap

physical media probly wouldint be for the best as youd need a Triple layer  blue-ray for the game that or you can go with 2 dule layyers or 4 singel layer discs lol ether way not the best idea as its pretty exspensiv a single riple layer  blue-ray costs around 35$ yea you can get deals in bulk to bring that down but even then thats around 10$ a disc at best

Just a warning to everyone planning to get a dedicated SSD for SC. SSD's performance is drastically decreased if it's filled more than 75-80%, so if you're getting one, make sure it's at least twice the size as the game, although more would be better because of updates and stuff.

Just a warning to everyone planning to get a dedicated SSD for SC. SSD's performance is drastically decreased if it's filled more than 75-80%, so if you're getting one, make sure it's at least twice the size as the game, although more would be better because of updates and stuff.

thars that but on the opaset side if your not useing the latest SETA vertion your transfer speed will be bottle necked Im waiting for cheper PCI SSDs because the PCI standered can stansfer deta much faster then SETA

thars that but on the opaset side if your not useing the latest SETA vertion your transfer speed will be bottle necked Im waiting for cheper PCI SSDs because the PCI standered can stansfer deta much faster then SETA

Transfering data isn't an issue when playing games, data transfer speed is only an issue when installing/copying/moving files. Once the data is there reading the files is a sinch, that's what determines the speed of the game, and that's all on the processor if you're using an SSD.

Transfering data isn't an issue when playing games, data transfer speed is only an issue when installing/copying/moving files. Once the data is there reading the files is a sinch, that's what determines the speed of the game, and that's all on the processor if you're using an SSD.

oh I know but as a IT tech I feel the need to make shore everyone knows the posativs and negatis to all tech lol over all a SSD is great for gameing even if they are still more exspensiv then more tradiishanel HDD but I just want to make shore pople know they are still not the be all end all when it comes to storig 

Well the game is currently at 64gb after the new release.

Alrighty then

I now have a proper reason to buy a second SSD. :D