• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

OperationDEEZ

ESO is dropping it's monthly subscription, worth buying?

22 posts in this topic

Nope, the price doesn't change the fact that it still has a ton of problems. Plus I think it is downright criminal that they are calling this a buy to play MMO. Guild Wars 2 is a buy to play MMO because you buy the game and have access to everything and the only micro-transactions are cosmetic gear. ESO is becoming a buy to play free to play game, meaning you pay 60$ for the game and then there is an in-game microtransaction store that is not just cosmetic stuff and the only other way to get that stuff is to be a subscriber. In other words there trying to do the SWTOR free to play formula except where anyone can pick up and play SWTOR for free you still have to pay 60$ for ESO and they are still offering the option of a subscription. In conclusion Zenimax studios still hasn't changed so stay as far away from this game as humanly possible. 

No, it's not an Elder scrolls game, it's a generic fantasy MMO with a coat of ES paint. 

i would even say it's got no ES paint on it either.

anubist800 likes this

I *might* get it if it ever goes on sale, but it would have to be 50% off or more.

Take it out back and let it go the way of old yella...

Game wasnt what it was supposed to be, just think how it`ll be when it gets the full F2P treatment..

anubist800 likes this

Tough choice, I've seen the review by AJ and his impressions. And saw comment on comment about the whole game's faults and stuff. But since it's hitting the console community in June just a week or two from the end of school I may pick it up and play it carefully for a week and decide then if I want it or not. 

Nope, I'll wait till full F2P first but I would still stay away from this mess of a game.

Meh, i considered keeping this to myself, but theres a few 22%+ off discounts floating around for ESO.  Maybe someone will give it a try if its 40 odd rather than 60 dollars for you yankies. Still stick to my dont buy it view though. Just thought id mention it.

Google Dealzon ESO and 22% "IF" your interested.  - I will also add i dont recommend getting ESO game keys from auction sites (unless you know what your doing) they are even cheaper than this, but you could end up buying a region locked key and waste your money.

I kinda feel like a lot of these reponses are jaded by the Closed Beta, and early Release. The game has come a LONG way to fixing a lot of the issues that drove some of it's players away.

But as someone who played Closed Beta, and then came back this year in Febuary, a full month(to take advantage of the free thirty days) in advance to Tamriel Unlimited, I have seen nothing but massive improvments to both the game's play, controling, and general quality of life. While it is not your "typical" elder Scrolls game, I personally think it is a wonderful bastard son to the series, and should be given a fair, and honest shot.

So I say yes, but I also suggest waiting for like a major steam sale, where it will be somewhere between 25% and 50% off, if not more, depending on luck I guess.

But yes, Give it a shot. Not like we all haven't bought games in the past, and been highly disapointed in them.

Pretty sure since they expected people to pay 60$ (80$ if you bought the Imperial Edition) + a 15$ monthly subscription for a broken, unfinished and downright ugly game I really doubt the game will improve from going free to "pay once".

If anything they'll more likely take to nickel and diming players for more features and end up charging more than you will EVER get out of this awful game.

If the problems subsists along with the change then it is not worth buying,

However if the games problems mentioned in joes videos are fixed then it might be worth a shot.  The final jugdement of this game is...

No

I got it, but it's still kinda meh 

they fixed alot of things, but there are still alot of things that are wrong with the game

I'd say if you weren't interested in it before,  ( got in Beta etc... ) than just stick with Skyrim!