• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ProdiGY_DE

[Request] Starcraft 2

21 posts in this topic

Starcraft 2 is an RTS which is great for hosting tournaments and events. We have a small player base that play this game. There is even a clan already setup.

Clan members:
-Zavaira
-ImCatbug
-DaevionAmon
-cornmonster
-Zyrken
-Tapkomet
-Surianis
-Scanriderblu
-ProdiGY
-Pirx
-Piecu
-Mednieks
-Exodian
-Cevap
-Braxas
-Bonegrinder
-Bezimierz
-Affrokull

Pros:
-Good for organizing tournaments and events.
-Probably one of the most interessting, if not the most interessting RTS out there.
-Mature Community.
-Fun gameplay
-Clan system.
-Esports scene ( maybe the AJSA will have their own team who knows?)

Cons:
-Kind of hard to learn for new players.
-some bugs

I would volunteer for the game officer if the game becomes offical.

Zavaira, crazykidsbite, Orpo and 1 other like this

Me too, i'm not in the clan anyway, nudge nudge, wink wink :P

We can invite you to the clan. We need your battle net or SC2 name and tag.

Zavaira likes this

Message me Zavaira#573 on EU and I'll invite you :)

I added you, anyway my battletag is orpo#2797

This is already official in the Strategy community, there is really no need for ask for this over this sub-section of the forums. What you could do is talk to Commanderbeef and make a SC2 event. I would love to come to that :)  

Zavaira likes this

Is it possible to hope for an sc2 E-sport team if there are enough talented players in the AJSA? :) Also I don't recal sc2 ever making into the official games list, if it's not there how does that mean that sc2 is an official game?

Is it possible to hope for an sc2 E-sport team if there are enough talented players in the AJSA? :)

I'd love to be part of an esport team. :P  I'd have to get better though...

Zavaira likes this

I'd love to be part of an esport team. :P  I have to get better though...

Same here and I'm pretty sure with most of the people who play sc2 in the AJSA, can't say for certain though :) I wonder how many high level players we have

It would be interesting but since I am only able to get on every now and then, and I suck I would not be interesting to play against. :P

Zavaira likes this

As long as you try your best and have fun that's all that matters :)

Orpo likes this

I am 100% behind this

(EDIT: I would like an invite to the clan as well. :P ArisingFlame#1459)

Zavaira likes this

Strategy games as a whole became official and is being ran by commanderbeef and eiousx. They are running the strategy games kind of like the console community is being ran. They rotate through different strategy games for events.

I would recommend stopping by http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forum/46-strategy-games/ if you have not already and I would also recommend reaching out to commanderbeef and eiousx if you have any ideas for strategy game events.

The reason we did it this way was because we saw an interest in strategy games but could not do much other than host events and tournaments. We felt that the best way to handle all strategy games was to host them under a couple game officers who would run a rotation of games so to keep the interest of those who enjoy this genre of games.

Unless there is a very large demand for starcraft 2 to be its own thing, I have to decline your request to make it a standalone official game as it is already officially supported by our strategy games officers.

Zavaira likes this

As for talks of an esports team, we can definitely consider this if we have enough talented players with the drive to compete. I would still recommend reaching out to commanderbeef and eiousx about this as well though. They handle anything strategy related and can get the info up the chain if needed.

Zavaira likes this

I will leave this thread open for a few more days just in case there are any further questions before moving it to completed.

Zavaira likes this

Would it be possible to get a sc2 channel on teamspeak? It would be fun to join one when you're playing and just discuss the game as everybody plays their matches, friendly bashing on how stupid one strategy is :D or just asking for help while you're playing on what to do and others giving advice :) Edit: Just noticed the lobby in the strategy section has an sc2 icon next to it, I take it this is the official lobby for sc2 as well? :)

Yep, all strategy games will be in the strategy section for teamspeak.

Zavaira likes this

Since there has been no further questions, I will go ahead and close this thread then move it to completed. Any more questions regarding starcraft 2, or any strategy game, should be directed towards commanderbeef and/or eiousx as they are the current leaders for strategy games at the time of this post.