• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ElvenBlossom

Screwed Over by Zenimax

19 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I made a video where I talk where I talk about the offer Zenimax made to console gamers after the first delay of Elder Scrolls Online, and due to the lack of information or warnings provided, depending on which server you chose to play on, you could be screwed over with your transfer to console!

Would you please take the time to watch my video, share it, and give me your feedback. Please and thankyou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzEqWS868Yk

Shagger and Eiousx like this

First off, thanks so much for sharing this information. It was crucial for the console community on the AJSA to know this.

does this mean that console players have to play on their region server? If so then I'm not picking this game up. Basically all the people I know who would play this with me are here on the AJSA and such a bullshit policy would ruin this for me.

ElvenBlossom likes this

I'm not into ESO but what is the purpose of doing something with the region servers if this actually happens, beside trying to screw you over?

Yes it means if you are in North America, then you will be locked to the NA Console Server, If you are in the EU then you are locked to the EU console Server. :/

It just splits everyone up, it's not the way to do a game. I mean it's meant to be this "Skyrim with friends" but if you can't play with your friends, what is the point of bringing it to the console? You might aswell just port over Skyrim >.<

That and the fact there was no warning that if I played on the NA server whilst I live in the UK I wouldn't be able to transfer my character, has made my blood boil. The amount of money and time people put into these games for it all to be for nothing is a joke. 

You made a good point, when I play online it's almost always on american servers because even though it would be better for me you have to contend with a couple dozen languages.

ElvenBlossom likes this

ComradeMacGyver, that's why I chose the NA server. There was barely anyone on there that I could actually understand. Then again, I don't think any of them could understand each other either. I just think it's stupid what they are doing. 

If I can't play with Shagger or Rager1 because they are locked in EU and I'm locked in NA then I aint buying this shite game!!!!!!!11

ElvenBlossom likes this

This is actually a major concern :( things were looking so well

ElvenBlossom likes this

I do apologise I couldn't find the screenshot to add it to the video but I do have it here now, could someone please tell me how I add an image from my files to a post?

EDIT: I think I figured it out, hopefully you should be able to see it, taken from their own site. 

post-15160-0-07995700-1426645137_thumb.j

It is weird, I wonder what the big deal is about moving them over? I don't know much about their set up or how it works. 

I don't play much games like this but I did read that star citizen will not have this problem! 

I personally believe that this is an issue stemming from a long term mentality for console gaming. They do not provide us with options, because the stereotype of console gaming is simply load up the game and play with little to no hassle. And that idea is a good thing for the most part. But in situations like this, if there is a latency issue with US, UK, etc playing together then simply let us choose whether or not we want to deal with it.

Can't do higher resolution without framerate drop? Let us decide if we want that! Give us -actual- options in the graphics settings. By all means ship the game with default settings of what you think the best experience is, but if I want to crank down my texture and shadow resolution to get constant 60 fps during multiplayer, or if I want to get all the eye candy and deal with stutter in single player, then let me do that!

I have to applaud Warframe at least. They provide a small number of options such as bloom and weapon trails to get a small increase in framerate when shit hits the fan on survival or defense missions. But this idea needs to be pressed further.

Edit: They might also just not be willing to set up hardware to handle cross-region play. Which from a financial perspective I guess I see, but as a customer, I think it's dumb.

Rejoice, my good fellows. The choice is indeed ours to make!

ESORegion.jpg

Hello everyone, I made a video "Screwed over by Zenimax" now I've been posting the video and the info everywhere I could think of including their official forums and I now have a response. They are going to fix it!

post-15160-0-03554000-1426794868_thumb.j

RuneX and Doshka17 like this

Rejoice, my good fellows. The choice is indeed ours to make!

ESORegion.jpg

This is good for awhile there it looked like I wasn't going to play with my AJSA brothers and sisters on the console. So I'll still be ready to go to Xbox One ESO when June 9th hits. 

Doshka17 likes this

This is good for awhile there it looked like I wasn't going to play with my AJSA brothers and sisters on the console. So I'll still be ready to go to Xbox One ESO when June 9th hits. 

What would we do without Shagger there to lead the charge?

Well, win I suspect.

Doshka17 likes this

Well the thing is support doesn't seem to know anything, I've just received an email asking where I get my information because they didn't know that info had been released. But from the updated knowledge base, and the person who said they are going to fix the issue the servers are going to be region locked. 

Now this is getting confusing because you have support saying you'll have the choice, and the team saying you don't which is why the transfer thing was an issue, an issue they are now trying to find a work around for. 

Well the thing is support doesn't seem to know anything, I've just received an email asking where I get my information because they didn't know that info had been released. But from the updated knowledge base, and the person who said they are going to fix the issue the servers are going to be region locked.  Now this is getting confusing because you have support saying you'll have the choice, and the team saying you don't which is why the transfer thing was an issue, an issue they are now trying to find a work around for.

You don't say it's getting confusing!

I personally have yet to encounter a game on PS4 or XBox One with this kind of multiplayer rejoin locking. However, this restriction on switching to another megaserver between PC and console makes no sense if console gamers are free to choose between EU and NA megaservers.

Something seriously doesn't add up here and I genuinely believe the only way we'll find out the truth is to see the release state of the game.

ElvenBlossom likes this