• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AngryBrute

Reasons Why - Bloodborne is AMAZING!

28 posts in this topic

Ok, first off I will say that I have never finished any Souls game. I did start off with Demons Souls, and then Dark Souls--but never finished them. So when Bloodborne dropped, it took some convincing to get me interested. And boy oh boy did it work!

The first moments in the game were something I have never truly experienced and appreciated. This is a TRUE game right down to the core. It is not for casual playing and it is meant to be played by a thinking person who learns by their past failures. Which leads me to a few reasons why this game is amazing!

1. MOBILITY: As basic as that may sound, mobility in this game literally means the difference in survival and constant death. Enemies are fast, extremely OP which presents a mandatory use of the dodge. Keeping out of reach of their swings or grasp is vital to landing those devastating blows. Especially with the bigger enemies like that big armored guy with the giant axe (that guy at the beginning area). I still have not killed that guy, but I plant to do so once I power up some more... Anyway, I love the blend of aggressiveness and caution playstyle I have quickly adapted to.

2. EVERY DEATH IS A LESSON:
maxresdefault.jpg

Every time I died, it was my fault. Every enemy IS powerful, but it has not made me feel like it is impossible to beat them. With every death, I learned how to attack that enemy from a different angle. I learned their behavior, their attack patterns, and where they always hang around... That is until you meet your first Boss. Lets just say I was not expecting a giant monster (Cleric Beast) to jump off a building onto a bridge. That took me by surprise! After soiling my pants and swiftly dying over, and over, and over, and over again. I learned many things on how that Boss worked and later returned and finally took it down by myself! Absolutely NOTHING in games made feel that awesome!

3. THE STORY IS YOUR OWN: Sure the game has a cryptic story that you can uncover with exploration and its very interesting! But the TRUE story is your journey to conquer all these powerful beasts. Much like the Nemesis System in Shadow of Morder, your encounters as your search for where you are supposed to be next, and the things you fight along the way is a story seared into YOUR memory. Your constant deaths and failures sture something inside you to gather your courage and take revenge! Returning to the spot you died last, wiser and stronger than before and finally striking down that enemy...

The feeling of accomplishment is unparalleled.

4. SQUIRTLE, CHARMANDER, or BULBASAUR:
bloodborne-art-jpg.jpg?w=780

Yes I know that is PoKemon... Remember at the beginning of those games you had to pick between three starter PoKemon? Each one was unique and had their own strengths and weaknesses. Same thing in this game, only you will choose between three melee trick weapons and two firearms. Then upgrading that weapon far beyond its original capabilities is truly something. That weapon, sorta gets better like you. Its always by your side, and learning its use will be vital. When you fail, its not the weapons fault. Its just a tool, but a tool that is always at your side. A tool that may look like nothing, but it has the ability to slay monsters of unimaginable strength.

As you can see, I am in love. Bloodborne is my favorite game of the year as of now. It has been a while since games have been soooooo right. I would probably do a Review on this, but considering the difficulty--it would take me ages. So if I did, I wouldnt have finished the game.

I will be salty and say the game fucking suck and is terrible because it will never come to pc.

But in reality i really liked it when tested it over at a friends place and i agree with what you're saying.

Great to know you were able to enjoy it, I had some hopes for the game after playing Dark Souls 2. While it was the first one I was introduced to the sequel of Dark Souls instead and not even playing Demon Souls, I've enjoyed all the aspects/points the game that Dark Souls 2 offered. Despite the minor annoyances such as the constant raids (those bloody Bellbros) I felt the atmosphere from the isolation of great kingdoms & locations and the constant fear of neverending death at one stage, which other games on the market failed to offer as much.

Hoping to play some Bloodborne as well, looks swell!

NecronGuy12802 likes this

I've been blown away by the combat so far. Every weapon is so damn, it's been tough choosing one. And even though I went Skill based and chose the cane sword/chain whip, now I really want to go Strength to see the kirkhammer in action.

I don't even regret buying a PS4 just for this game. God bless Hidetaka Miyazaki.

The Anti-Santa and Alwens like this

Reasons why it sucks

It's a PS4 Exclusive 

keeglol likes this

Reasons why it sucks

It's a PS4 Exclusive 

Cry me a river.

I love the game so far, it's almost like a survival horror more than an RPG.

I will say that I'm not pleased with all the blogs I've been seeing of people who bought it and their assessment always boils down to "It's kinda like Dark Souls, but it's not exactly like Dark Souls, therefore I don't like it". Like seriously, have DS fans always been this obsessed with DS1 that anything that comes after it is automatically inferior because it's not DS1 and I just haven't noticed until now, or is this a new thing? Because it's getting ridiculous.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

"We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood."

Welcome to the grueling pain of dying over and over again with sweet satisfaction when you destroy your enemies. XD

Nice read.

I will say that I'm not pleased with all the blogs I've been seeing of people who bought it and their assessment always boils down to "It's kinda like Dark Souls, but it's not exactly like Dark Souls, therefore I don't like it". Like seriously, have DS fans always been this obsessed with DS1 that anything that comes after it is automatically inferior because it's not DS1 and I just haven't noticed until now, or is this a new thing? Because it's getting ridiculous.

It's relatively new thing. It's not really how the majority feel, it's only a very vocal minority that keep saying it but most I know who love the Souls games, including myself, love Bloodborne. Hell I would even push it ahead of Dark Souls which has been my standing favorite of the Souls games.

Hearing everyone talk about Bloodborne makes me want to get it. Damn. That's pretty cool info.

Ordered it off 'goHastings' on Amazon like a dumb ass and now it's a wild guess to when it gets here. It wasn't available for Prime shipping and I was inpatient so I bought it off the third party.

ndfabn[fbnafdbf 

Another thing people should know. Firearms are used for parrying here. Wait until an enemy initiates his swing, right when he is about to bring it down on you--shoot him! This will stagger him long enough for you to get a visceral attack on him and deal massive damage. This works VERY WELL for Bosses like the Cleric Beast.

Also, random stuff like a suicidal dog:

The graphics are outstanding as well as the endless blood

The only frustrating thing is the loss of blood echos you farmed so much for only to lose it all by dying < obviously you need lots of it to power yourself up and your weapons >

( I did discover an item which I have not tested yet but some sort of mask that lets you keep the souls even if you die but Im not sure how long the masks works or if there is a time limit,   I searched a corpse deep in the tunnels and got 2 of them )

Dying is only frustrating because of the extensive check points are those lamps and the only way to get a lamp beyond the central city location is to defeat the cleric boss.

Im unsure if im gonna keep it or trade it in for something different so Im on the fence..

BTW the dlc that we were supose to get ,   the top hat, etc...   was it supose to be active at launch or later date because I found nothing in my inventory,    thanks..

The graphics are outstanding as well as the endless blood

The only frustrating thing is the loss of blood echos you farmed so much for only to lose it all by dying < obviously you need lots of it to power yourself up and your weapons >

( I did discover an item which I have not tested yet but some sort of mask that lets you keep the souls even if you die but Im not sure how long the masks works or if there is a time limit,   I searched a corpse deep in the tunnels and got 2 of them )

Dying is only frustrating because of the extensive check points are those lamps and the only way to get a lamp beyond the central city location is to defeat the cleric boss.

Im unsure if im gonna keep it or trade it in for something different so Im on the fence..

BTW the dlc that we were supose to get ,   the top hat, etc...   was it supose to be active at launch or later date because I found nothing in my inventory,    thanks..

It's active at launch. If you go around the workshop building you will find a stump in the back where some messengers will pop up, either the items will be on the ground next to the stump or you can all ready use them at said stump. That stump lets you switch out the messenger items.

panther826 likes this

Uhh... No offense op but your post kinda describes the entire souls series. Which people may say "duh, that's the point" to. but you said yourself that you never got around to finishing off any of them, bloodborne is the first, but the reasons why you think it's so good is applicable for the series. so I'm confused.

Will I tried it I didn't like more than dragon dogma because every boss battles it's so much epic

After about a dozen deaths vs the Blood Starved Beast I finally beat him, my girl was watching me, as soon as the "prey slaughtered" banner came up I tossed the controller and began running around the house screaming various expletives... at one point actually jumping in the air. When I came back around into the living room the look on my girls face was that of pure shock... she could not believe that a grown man could act that way, she said my voice got so high during my cheering that she thought a 12 year old girl just got a pony as a birthday gift....

That is what makes this game so great, the grind, the difficulty, all pays off... the pressure of the game induces a feeling that I haven't had from a video game in a LONG LONG time, and im so glad I decided to pick it up. I never played Souls, and honestly it was the total lack of games on PS4 that led me to even consider this game.

Thank you "From Software" thank you for reminding me what a game was supposed to feel like

Uhh... No offense op but your post kinda describes the entire souls series. Which people may say "duh, that's the point" to. but you said yourself that you never got around to finishing off any of them, bloodborne is the first, but the reasons why you think it's so good is applicable for the series. so I'm confused.

For this game I felt more attachment than what I felt in Dark Souls. My experience has been more intimate and interesting. With this game I feel like I can move more swiftly and attack more brutally. Whereas in the Souls games, I felt like I had to always be cautious and be patient.

It's active at launch. If you go around the workshop building you will find a stump in the back where some messengers will pop up, either the items will be on the ground next to the stump or you can all ready use them at said stump. That stump lets you switch out the messenger items.

Ah thanks I'll check it out.   I actually made it to the forbidden forest so I beat the cleric beast, father, the witch bosses...   Im around a level 59 now so i put more time and effort into this,,,    interesting game but after watching joe splatter torras balls in Mk:x,   my gaming enjoyment has been renewed!

Playing this game made me feel like playing Demon Souls the first time again, which never happened with Dark Souls 1 and especially 2. Outside of the horrible loading times and my preference on Estus system rather than vials/grass I think this game is nearly perfect. You can definitely feel Miyazaki's touch on it which sorely lacks on Dark Souls 2, the funny thing is the Chalice Dungeons (worst dungeons in game imo but then again this are randomly generated) feels like Dark Souls 2.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that I will hate playing the older Souls game combat mechanics again. I love this game's combat, it's faster, risky and aggressive. I really wanted another Bloodborne 2-esque rather than the inevitable Dark Souls 3. 

Playing this game made me feel like playing Demon Souls the first time again, which never happened with Dark Souls 1 and especially 2. Outside of the horrible loading times and my preference on Estus system rather than vials/grass I think this game is nearly perfect. You can definitely feel Miyazaki's touch on it which sorely lacks on Dark Souls 2, the funny thing is the Chalice Dungeons (worst dungeons in game imo but then again this are randomly generated) feels like Dark Souls 2.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that I will hate playing the older Souls game combat mechanics again. I love this game's combat, it's faster, risky and aggressive. I really wanted another Bloodborne 2-esque rather than the inevitable Dark Souls 3. 

I hope Dark Souls 3 never freaking happens. I hate people mention it. It's not because I disliked Dark Souls 2, yeah it wasn't as great as Dark Souls or Demon's Souls but I found it still fun so I always like calling it an enjoyable disappointment. The reason why I don't want a Dark Souls 3 is because it would be the exact same freaking story again. Literally the story is the same between Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, you have the curse of the undead and thus our trying to find an end to it and you have to go kill four lords to get four be able to access the means of reaching the area where you will decide man's fate. We all ready know the choice will never matter because the cycle is unbreakable. I honestly want to see a new Souls game entirely, new world, new story, new everything.

The gripes with Bloodborne are the long loading times, the occasional FPS drop (which I really only experience with The One Reborn fight, the bridge into Old Yharnam, and the Chalice Dungeon when there are tons of enemies generated), and NPC enemies that don't follow the same rules as players, it's like fighting a damn hacker.

Still would give the game a 9 out of 10.

This video is why I think bloodborne is amazing. A souls game to the core :D

Anyone want to lend me a ps4? .___.

I hope Dark Souls 3 never freaking happens. I hate people mention it. It's not because I disliked Dark Souls 2, yeah it wasn't as great as Dark Souls or Demon's Souls but I found it still fun so I always like calling it an enjoyable disappointment. The reason why I don't want a Dark Souls 3 is because it would be the exact same freaking story again. Literally the story is the same between Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, you have the curse of the undead and thus our trying to find an end to it and you have to go kill four lords to get four be able to access the means of reaching the area where you will decide man's fate. We all ready know the choice will never matter because the cycle is unbreakable. I honestly want to see a new Souls game entirely, new world, new story, new everything.

The gripes with Bloodborne are the long loading times, the occasional FPS drop (which I really only experience with The One Reborn fight, the bridge into Old Yharnam, and the Chalice Dungeon when there are tons of enemies generated), and NPC enemies that don't follow the same rules as players, it's like fighting a damn hacker.

Still would give the game a 9 out of 10.

Yeah I do agree that they follow up this game rather than another Souls like game or better yet another new IP using this is a template. A cyber punk souls or steam punk, man I would love that :)

I LOVE NPC/HUNTER FIGHTS, especially when you're handling 2 or 3 of them plus mobs. It's significant upgrade to the fake invasions we have on Souls, they're a bit cheap (can't use vials usually since they shoot you on that) but man when you're handling 3 of them and you're dodging around it feels like a gaming high. The loading times though are a pain especially when you have nothing to see on screen other than the logo, they should have put something like lores on items you have or NPC like Demon Souls. It feels like an extra punishment on your mistake :/