• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

keeglol

Elder Scrolls Series

12 posts in this topic

So my friends have been telling me to play skyrim, I played oblivion for a few hours back when it came out, and i played skyrim a little bit, but i never actually beat any of the games. I liked them when i played them but i just didnt have the time to put as much time into the games as i wanted to.  and so i decided i might give skyrim another try. My question is, should i jump right into skyrim? or should i start back with one of the previous elder scrolls games, like morrowind or oblivion? 

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are all great! Start with Morrowind if you don't mind outdated graphics and then with Oblivion and then Skyrim but it doesn't  really make much of a difference since the time skips are pretty big but if you like to play in order, that's how you should do it then.

keeglol and Munty like this

Okay! ill do that. Thanks!  :D

Morrowind has a mod for updated graphics, it doesnt bring it upto Oblivion or Skyrim but its a good one considering how nice the original still looks (yeah im old enough to like that dated look). Other mods out there too but they add stuff, this is just a graphics + sound overhaul.

www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/mgso-release/

keeglol likes this

Could always wait for Elder Scrolls 6 to come out. According to less reliable sources it's coming out next year but according to more reliable sources it's coming out next year.

Dunno if they're all wrong or not but it's always fun to see a new province to explore and new lore to get invested in, especially after the disaster that was ESO.

keeglol likes this

As someone whose first hands-on entry into TES was Skyrim, I'd say you can go straight into it without playing either Morrowind or Oblivion. Of course unless you want to play those two first.

They are all great games really. Oblivion is my favorite for some reason and I really don't know why. It's got some special vibe and just the map setting was great.

Skyrim and Oblivion are both really good.

Pffft, forget that! Go all the way! ES1: Arena!

Although my personal favorite is Daggerfall.

Morrowind was the last one that was a good game in its own right. Oblivion and Skyrim are mediocre games that became good mod platforms.

keeglol and ViralBunny like this

I suggest you play  skyrim and then later on jump into fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. all great games

I've been playing Morrowind a lot lately, still my favorite game of all times. The Morrowind Overhaul project brings the graphic almost up to date, if you install it though a piece of advice, don't install the audio overhaul, it's good but is really annoying because you can't turn down the volume in any way.

ViralBunny likes this