• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lhouraii

Dark Souls Rage

31 posts in this topic

This game. WTF?!

I just got it today and it's as if it doesn't want people to play it!

I'm trying to get out of this damn prison beginning area and the games like:

"Oh, I see you're trying to play me, well fuck you - I don't want anyone to play me!" *kills me*.

The boss kills me before I've even stood up, I can't even get in one hit before it kills me!

These people really don't want people playing their game, I just felt like they're saying "GTFO OUR GAME!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!" - why bring out a game if you don't want people to play it?!

OMG!

Well, yes, anyway - sorry for this rant, I just really needed to rant about this. I have someone sat next to me as I type this trying to beat the beginning for me, but they're dying constantly too - oh, they just killed the boss as I was typing this - literally as I was typing this sentence I heard "I killed it". Hahaha >_<

Well, I'll give this game a chance but please tell me it gets easier?

I hate games that are impossible! I don't see the point! 

Thanks for listening to my ranting! Haha <3

Calm down, you should know this:

1- If you want to defeat the first boss, go trough a door to the left.

2- The Dark souls community is notorious for being hostile

Calm down, you should know this:

1- If you want to defeat the first boss, go trough a door to the left.

2- The Dark souls community is notorious for being hostile

Haha 'calm down'? I'm calm, I just wanted to rant about it. A rant every so often is fine, do you even AJSA bro? >_<

I did go through that door and followed the instructions. 

Hostile? What do you mean? 

Lol, it only gets harder I think

Haha oh no! >_< <3

Haha 'calm down'? I'm calm, I just wanted to rant about it. A rant every so often is fine, do you even AJSA bro? >_<

I did go through that door and followed the instructions. 

Hostile? What do you mean? 

Haha oh no! >_< <3

1) Every Boss dark souls has specific attack pattern, if you want to beat them, you need to learn the pattern and exploit it's weaknesses.

2) A large portion of the Dark souls community tends to "gank up" on specific people, "gank up" means getting a group of people to harass a specific person, you can avoid that by not playing online.

3) It's the nature of the souls series.

the boss that made me sop playing the game was the moonlight butterfly, seriously! unlike all other bosses untill then none have had ranged attacks, and guess what? it has ranged attacks and the bow and arrow is to slow! so i get destroyed! also for the first boss just lock on, strafe and keep stabing it in the butt, it has no defense against that!

1) Every Boss dark souls has specific attack pattern, if you want to beat them, you need to learn the pattern and exploit it's weaknesses.

2) A large portion of the Dark souls community tends to "gank up" on specific people, "gank up" means getting a group of people to harass a specific person, you can avoid that by not playing online.

3) It's the nature of the souls series.

I'll probably look up strategy online then before boss fights, if I manage to play the game, that is!

Ah, well that seems pretty silly of them, I don't have Xbox Live yet anyway, thanks for the warning though!

the boss that made me sop playing the game was the moonlight butterfly, seriously! unlike all other bosses untill then none have had ranged attacks, and guess what? it has ranged attacks and the bow and arrow is to slow! so i get destroyed! also for the first boss just lock on, strafe and keep stabing it in the butt, it has no defense against that!

Was it far into the game? I'm really liking the layout and feel of this game so far but if it's too difficult to play then I'll have no choice other than to rage quit it! >_< I really want to like this game! <3

Not to be rude but you do know the moonlight butterfly will land on the bridge on occasion? All you have to do is wait for it to do so and hit it then, back up when you see it begin to charge up it's AOE attack then rinse and repeat. Just some friendly Souls advice.

I'll probably look up strategy online then before boss fights, if I manage to play the game, that is!

Ah, well that seems pretty silly of them, I don't have Xbox Live yet anyway, thanks for the warning though!

Was it far into the game? I'm really liking the layout and feel of this game so far but if it's too difficult to play then I'll have no choice other than to rage quit it! >_< I really want to like this game! <3

It's an optional boss fight. To get to it you will need to at least fight one other boss. Though if you are expecting the game to get easier I hate to disappoint but the Souls games don't get easier the farther you go, they get tougher so it might not be for you which is fine, Souls games are not for everyone, but I wish you luck.

Lhouraii likes this

Not to be rude but you do know the moonlight butterfly will land on the bridge on occasion? All you have to do is wait for it to do so and hit it then, back up when you see it begin to charge up it's AOE attack then rinse and repeat. Just some friendly Souls advice.

It's an optional boss fight. To get to it you will need to at least fight one other boss. Though if you are expecting the game to get easier I hate to disappoint but the Souls games don't get easier the farther you go, they get tougher so it might not be for you which is fine, Souls games are not for everyone, but I wish you luck.

Ah, I wish you were lying but I'm guessing you're not! I was hoping that I could level up my skills and become awesome like in most rpg's.

In your opinion, is the toughness worth it? Like, I really want to like this game, is it enjoyable regardless of the difficulty? I want to give it a chance - if I can figure out what to do - I'm stuck on an island atm! Haha <3

I know I'm not the one being asked but I do think the game is very enjoyable once you get past the learning curve.

Here are some things you need to know:

Character leveling and equipment leveling: Have your character designed to be geared toward a specific playstyle. if you know you're going to take a lot of abuse and want to absorb it well, focus in vitality, strengths, and endurance with heavier armor. If you want to move around a lot and use ranged weapons, go for dexterity, vitality, and endurance and strengths when needed for certain equipment. Magic users, faith and intelligence. Personally, I've found being a jack of all trades leads to sadness and pain. By all means, though, AVOID putting any points into resistance. It is a near useless trait that you can easily find equipment that does the same job. For equipment leveling, honestly the best I can say is do some research. Early game and even into late game, the Claymore (which can be acquired on a corpse's body on a bridge with a red drake (don't try and kill it. it's not worth it. Just run past till you get to a bonfire)) is a good weapon once you get it leveled up and your character can use it. In the mean time, though, you can get a great early game weapon known as the Drake Sword (I think) that is easy to get. Stand under the bridge that has the drake on it, use arrows and shoot at the tail till the sword appears in your inventory. 30-35 arrows should do it but you'll want to replace it either before or immediately after Blighttown.

Side notes include learn enemy attack patterns, use your environment to your advantage and memorize hazards, don't use humanities unless you feel like you need to for summons (Having more humanities in your bank helps your character with different attributes. Being hollow isn't necessarily a bad thing in DS1), and Don't attack NPCs unless they attack you first.

IF I can think of more things, I'll add them

Lhouraii likes this

It only gets ezzier.

The trick to this boss is that there is a room to the left in the boss room that opens up. Grab all ur gear Go through the rest of the tutorial. When u get to the end u can drop down on the boss and take out half his health in one attack. This whole game is filled with tricks on how beat enemies, bosses, and levels. When in doubt google it.

It took me 1 month to beat this game without help so take that as u will.

Also the new dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin is coming out and it would be great if I could fine people to play with.

Lhouraii likes this

I know I'm not the one being asked but I do think the game is very enjoyable once you get past the learning curve.

Here are some things you need to know:

Character leveling and equipment leveling: Have your character designed to be geared toward a specific playstyle. if you know you're going to take a lot of abuse and want to absorb it well, focus in vitality, strengths, and endurance with heavier armor. If you want to move around a lot and use ranged weapons, go for dexterity, vitality, and endurance and strengths when needed for certain equipment. Magic users, faith and intelligence. Personally, I've found being a jack of all trades leads to sadness and pain. By all means, though, AVOID putting any points into resistance. It is a near useless trait that you can easily find equipment that does the same job. For equipment leveling, honestly the best I can say is do some research. Early game and even into late game, the Claymore (which can be acquired on a corpse's body on a bridge with a red drake (don't try and kill it. it's not worth it. Just run past till you get to a bonfire)) is a good weapon once you get it leveled up and your character can use it. In the mean time, though, you can get a great early game weapon known as the Drake Sword (I think) that is easy to get. Stand under the bridge that has the drake on it, use arrows and shoot at the tail till the sword appears in your inventory. 30-35 arrows should do it but you'll want to replace it either before or immediately after Blighttown.

Side notes include learn enemy attack patterns, use your environment to your advantage and memorize hazards, don't use humanities unless you feel like you need to for summons (Having more humanities in your bank helps your character with different attributes. Being hollow isn't necessarily a bad thing in DS1), and Don't attack NPCs unless they attack you first.

IF I can think of more things, I'll add them

Oh wow, thanks for this! I guess it was the wrong game to start playing when I'm drunk as hell on rum! (which is why I may spell things wrong, although I do hope not!)!

It's a lot to take in but I will refer back to this when I need this info - thank you for taking the time to write this out for me!

Honestly, I keep just chickening out and running back to my bonfire! I'm on the island after the tutorial atm, I'm finding it a bit of a struggle but then again I don't know if it's the rum. Pirate life.

It only gets ezzier.

The trick to this boss is that there is a room to the left in the boss room that opens up. Grab all ur gear Go through the rest of the tutorial. When u get to the end u can drop down on the boss and take out half his health in one attack. This whole game is filled with tricks on how beat enemies, bosses, and levels. When in doubt google it.

It took me 1 month to beat this game without help so take that as u will.

Also the new dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin is coming out and it would be great if I could fine people to play with.

It gets easier? Really?! YAY!

I've done that boss, well - someone did it for me but it's done non the less!

I thought Dark Souls 2 was already out - I swear I saw it in the game shop I was just at, I was trying to decide between that and this one, but people were saying this one was better - plus, when getting in to a series, it's always best to start with the first game, I find!

Wow, I don't think I spelled...spelt? spelled? anything wrong! Yay! I rule at drunkness! Haha >_< <3

Ah, I wish you were lying but I'm guessing you're not! I was hoping that I could level up my skills and become awesome like in most rpg's.

In your opinion, is the toughness worth it? Like, I really want to like this game, is it enjoyable regardless of the difficulty? I want to give it a chance - if I can figure out what to do - I'm stuck on an island atm! Haha <3

IMO yes but I will admit I'm bias because Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of the last gen. I love the game. You can level yourself up to be tougher then the enemies in an area to be awesome but being a high level in one area might not be the same in another. Basically from what I've played a first playthrough usually ends with a character being around level 70 to 100 but you have to remember the more you level, the higher amount of Souls you need to level up.

Lhouraii likes this

I thought Dark Souls 2 was already out - I swear I saw it in the game shop I was just at, I was trying to decide between that and this one, but people were saying this one was better - plus, when getting in to a series, it's always best to start with the first game, I find!

Wow, I don't think I spelled...spelt? spelled? anything wrong! Yay! I rule at drunkness! Haha >_< <3

Scholar of the First Sin is the re-release of Dark Souls 2 for all platforms with improved visuals for next gen and PC and all DLC

You can level yourself up to be tougher then the enemies in an area to be awesome but being a high level in one area might not be the same in another. Basically from what I've played a first playthrough usually ends with a character being around level 70 to 100 but you have to remember the more you level, the higher amount of Souls you need to level up.

I forgot to add something like this. Early game loosing 10K feels like a steep blow because enemies drop so few but later on, that amount is nothing because some enemies can drop thousands at a time. Plus, you get pick ups that give you more souls (I forget what they're called off the top of my head). try saving them for when you're about to use them so you don't risk wasting it. Oh and if you can remember to collect your drop (if you haven't figured out already that touching your own bloodstain retrieves your lost souls).

Lhouraii likes this

IMO yes but I will admit I'm bias because Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of the last gen. I love the game. You can level yourself up to be tougher then the enemies in an area to be awesome but being a high level in one area might not be the same in another. Basically from what I've played a first playthrough usually ends with a character being around level 70 to 100 but you have to remember the more you level, the higher amount of Souls you need to level up.

Well, it speaks volumes for the game if it's a favourite - so I'm giving it a chance! I guess you could just cheat by killing all nearby enemies and then saving at a bonfire - repeat? Since the bonfire resurects all enemies?

Scholar of the First Sin is the re-release of Dark Souls 2 for all platforms with improved visuals for next gen and PC and all DLC

Oh cool! Is it harder than this game?

I would love to play online with you! I don't yet have Xbox Live, but I plan to get it soon. I'm holding off getting it because I want to pay for it out of my own money, but I spend pretty much all my money on makeup, clothes and jewellery. I need to sort my head out and reasign my priorities to gaming! Haha >_<

I'm going to get Xbox Live as soon as I have enough friends on there to play with, and games also. Most of my friends aren't gamers, unfortunately! It's what you get if you're in fashion, it seems. It's why I love this forum so much, you're all awesome gamers! :D <3

Now let me tell u somethings that will make ur game a shit loads easier.

Always start of deprived. This gives u a good start with ur stats spread out so u can put them to ur play style i recomned that u get enough magic to get decoy. Plus, you get new gear anyways while playing so u wont look all mangy for long. Also there is a dragon sword u can get that u can use through out the rest of the game right from the beginning. All u need is 12 dex(if u have no dex ur gonna need more arrows) 30 cheapest arrows and a bow. When u come across this bridge the is a dragon waiting at the other end. You can of course go under neath this said bridge and shoot its tail with the bow and when u do enough dmg to the tail it will drop a weapon called the drake sword. Awesome weapon u wont use another until i don't know u got 50 strength and a +10 zweihander.

Only boss i had difficulty with was with the capra demon hence my picture is of a caution sign with a capra demon face in the middle.

Oh cool! Is it harder than this game?

I would love to play online with you! I don't yet have Xbox Live, but I plan to get it soon. I'm holding off getting it because I want to pay for it out of my own money, but I spend pretty much all my money on makeup, clothes and jewellery. I need to sort my head out and reasign my priorities to gaming! Haha >_<

I'm going to get Xbox Live as soon as I have enough friends on there to play with, and games also. Most of my friends aren't gamers, unfortunately! It's what you get if you're in fashion, it seems. It's why I love this forum so much, you're all awesome gamers! :D <3

1.) That is up for debate. I thought it was easier but by the time I picked it up I had sunk 280+ hours into DS1 :P .

2.) Unfortunately, I don't own an xbox. I play it on PC

Now let me tell u somethings that will make ur game a shit loads easier.

Always start of deprived. This gives u a good start with ur stats spread out so u can put them to ur play style i recomned that u get enough magic to get decoy. Plus, you get new gear anyways while playing so u wont look all mangy for long. Also there is a dragon sword u can get that u can use through out the rest of the game right from the beginning. All u need is 12 dex(if u have no dex ur gonna need more arrows) 30 cheapest arrows and a bow. When u come across this bridge the is a dragon waiting at the other end. You can of course go under neath this said bridge and shoot its tail with the bow and when u do enough dmg to the tail it will drop a weapon called the drake sword. Awesome weapon u wont use another until i don't know u got 50 strength and a +10 zweihander.

1.) Deprived is the hardest to work with for the fact that it's not centered on a specific style. it gives you 11 in everything but the trade off is it takes away from being able to have an advantage

2.) The Drake Sword is too hard to level and is not worth the resources when base weapons can do much more without breaking, not to mention it has no stat bonuses or elemental upgrade options

3.) While the Zweihander is a good weapon, it's slow, heavy, and generally not easy to use unless you know how to use it effectively

I cannot understand anything either of you are saying!!!!!

Maybe it's the rum or maybe it's this damn game! It's driving my CRAZY! >_<

Wtf are those ghosts on this island? I can't defeat those! Crazy game, seriously! <3

Dark Souls is a sort of trial and error kind of game. You die until you find the right way to get through (or you slip up.)

For weapon, just pick something you like and get used to how the weapon works. It's liable to get you pretty far, further if you improve it (which you should be able to figure out later on.)

Armor wise, pay attention to the weight percentage thing which is depended on endurance if I recall correctly. If you have great armor, but move like a brick, then you'll take a beating. If you have too flimsy armor, best be good at dodging. So a balanced selection is best in my opinion. 

If you use items, remember that you don't get them back after death. Things like firebombs, throwing knives, antipoison, and arrows are gone once used. Estus for the estus flask (your healing item) is recharged when you rest. 

Please, for the love of all that is good, DON'T KILL THE MERCHANTS. You can't buy items from a dead person and more than likely you'll get little or nothing from killing them. Also, if you kill a blacksmith, you practically stabbed yourself. repeatedly. with a rusty blade. (That said, if you accidently hit someone and they become hostile, they will always be hostile. This can be fixed by a specific character you meet later on.)

If you can't seem to get past specific enemies, you may not be supposed to be there yet. While you can go anywhere, it may be ill advised to do so. The ghosts you mention, if they are killing you in a large underground flooded looking place, is meant to be done later. By then, you should learn a way to defeat them.

Keep in mind however, much of the joy from this game is by learning how to beat something and then doing so or finding some sort of hidden item. Which is why I'm not going much into detail. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll succeed.

Lhouraii and Riverside75 like this

It's like the fourth boss i believe. though there are ways to beat it im just not good enough, also i think it depends on which route you take first.

This reminds me of the first time I went into New Londo Ruins. I had just rang the second bell, took the elevator back to the start area, and figured taking the other elevator nearby was the next place to go. I kept getting killed by those ghosts phasing through the walls and floor or falling into the bottomless water. The worst part was needing to buy the curse items so I could actually kill the ghosts which were impossibly expensive to me at the time. After hours and hours and hours I realized that I was supposed to go to Darkroot Garden as the next area and I just about threw my controller through the TV. So much time wasted...

At least the blacksmith down there was cool.

Dark Souls prides itself on being a difficult game, with a death toll that they boast about. Which is amazing. I randomly decided to get the game just on a whim. Had no clue regarding anything about it, no walkthroughs or anything. I even, right off the bat, picked the Deprived Class. Now, I recently got Dark Souls 2 finally, the Scholar of First Sin game of the year edition. Once again, Deprived Class, which gives you zero weapons starting out.

From personal experience, I can give you my two cents on it.

First and foremost, the game will be as hard as you make it. Your gear will play a huge role in it, and you will eventually see just how useful and effective reinforcing (upgrading) weapons and armor can be. In my case? I didn't stray too far from the beginning area once I left the Undead Asylum. I farmed the local enemies to get a stockpile of souls that I used for leveling purposes and to shop at the various merchants I could find around the city. (Though I messed up by killing a few NPCs that I realized later on I needed to start/complete side quests for various things I was wanting. Most of the time, what they drop isn't even worth it) In the beginning, if you grind it a bit and invest the time and effort, it will pay off in the long run by making combat that much easier. So like I said, its about as difficult as you make it.

Second, I REALLY found the use of Shields in both games. You will not believe how friggen easy enemies and bosses both are when you've got yourself a nice, sturdy shield to block attacks. I got to the point with my character that I could literally tank practically any enemy without taking any damage or losing my stability. Like a walking fortress. The thing to keep in mind with this is Poise. The higher, the better. Combine a shield with a nice, far reaching weapon like the Halberd or Silver Knight Naginata (?) and you'll be nearly unstoppable in every situation that pops up.

As for other players, there were only a few times I had people invade my world. Didn't end well for them. Again, the combination of Shield + Polearm is devastating. They were more or less stumped on how to approach me without getting killed in the process. Which was funny, I might add. You could also go ahead and join up with a Covenant, in-game established factions that players have the option to be apart of after speaking to the leader/representative of said group. I didn't bother with that, personally. I joined, like...two I think, all for the purpose of gaining access to specific stuff that their shops sell if memory serves right.

But yeah, all in all it comes off as intimidating because its not something modern games really have in them. Bloodborn and Deep Down are essentially just like this franchise. It capitalizes on that fear factor to make you timid. But once you get past that, and if you take the time to build yourself up early on regardless of what style you prefer, it will be a much more enjoyable experience for you and far less frustrating.

Lhouraii likes this

Dark Souls prides itself on being a difficult game, with a death toll that they boast about. Which is amazing. I randomly decided to get the game just on a whim. Had no clue regarding anything about it, no walkthroughs or anything. I even, right off the bat, picked the Deprived Class. Now, I recently got Dark Souls 2 finally, the Scholar of First Sin game of the year edition. Once again, Deprived Class, which gives you zero weapons starting out.

From personal experience, I can give you my two cents on it.

First and foremost, the game will be as hard as you make it. Your gear will play a huge role in it, and you will eventually see just how useful and effective reinforcing (upgrading) weapons and armor can be. In my case? I didn't stray too far from the beginning area once I left the Undead Asylum. I farmed the local enemies to get a stockpile of souls that I used for leveling purposes and to shop at the various merchants I could find around the city. (Though I messed up by killing a few NPCs that I realized later on I needed to start/complete side quests for various things I was wanting. Most of the time, what they drop isn't even worth it) In the beginning, if you grind it a bit and invest the time and effort, it will pay off in the long run by making combat that much easier. So like I said, its about as difficult as you make it.

Second, I REALLY found the use of Shields in both games. You will not believe how friggen easy enemies and bosses both are when you've got yourself a nice, sturdy shield to block attacks. I got to the point with my character that I could literally tank practically any enemy without taking any damage or losing my stability. Like a walking fortress. The thing to keep in mind with this is Poise. The higher, the better. Combine a shield with a nice, far reaching weapon like the Halberd or Silver Knight Naginata (?) and you'll be nearly unstoppable in every situation that pops up.

As for other players, there were only a few times I had people invade my world. Didn't end well for them. Again, the combination of Shield + Polearm is devastating. They were more or less stumped on how to approach me without getting killed in the process. Which was funny, I might add. You could also go ahead and join up with a Covenant, in-game established factions that players have the option to be apart of after speaking to the leader/representative of said group. I didn't bother with that, personally. I joined, like...two I think, all for the purpose of gaining access to specific stuff that their shops sell if memory serves right.

But yeah, all in all it comes off as intimidating because its not something modern games really have in them. Bloodborn and Deep Down are essentially just like this franchise. It capitalizes on that fear factor to make you timid. But once you get past that, and if you take the time to build yourself up early on regardless of what style you prefer, it will be a much more enjoyable experience for you and far less frustrating.

I took the game back and swapped it for Two Worlds 2 - but you're making me wish I'd kept it now!

You make it sound really fun. 

I heard that Dark Souls 2 is easier, is that true? Maybe I'll get that one first next time.

Also, I like playing as a mage, can mages still use shields and stuff like you said? <3

Yep, they sure can. As far as magic goes, though, there are different "schools" to pick from. Personally, I find Pyromancy to be VERY effective. Not to mention epic looking. Nothing says "I am a God" like blowing up enemies with flames from your hand. As you can see in this video:

He's also showcasing Shield + Magic combination as well, so that gives you a better idea on it too.

Dark Souls 2 is a different experience. I wouldn't say its easier. In truth, the first game is way easy if you really think about it. Its only really hard starting out until you get yourself pumped up a bit, like I was saying. Cause it all ultimately boils down to the stuff you're using and how much you invest in your character. Some people just charge ahead trying to go fast. But I typically advise like I did with you, take it slow at first and build up early to make the rest of the journey less taxing on you and that much more enjoyable in the long run. Everything else will naturally fall into place on its own.

The second game, now... Well, I would have to say it differs significantly. Its less creep factor and more "holy crap, so many" basically. In short, I've been telling people that Dark Souls 2 plays like a third person Diablo game. I mean, even the whole worn down town that you start off in which acts like your home base of sorts reminds me of the first Diablo game for the original playstation. Its way more quick pace combat than the first Dark Souls game.

Lhouraii likes this

IMO dark souls 2 is harder for trash, easier for bosses, dark souls 1 harder for bosses, easier for trash. In addition, the trash in dark souls 2 isn't harder cuz the enemies are harder alone, but more because the game just looves throwing bad footing and death cliffs practically effing everywhere along with the trash... it's my only major gripe with the game along with the whole world doesn't make topographical sense part.

As far as I can tell, scholar of the first sin does this even more.. it throws more and/or harder trash at you, and you will gain more exp for it, but as far as I can tell, the bosses haven't been powered up at all...soo.. yeah.

Lhouraii likes this