• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Laserrifle125

Nintendo copyright claims Joe's Mario party 10 video.

155 posts in this topic

let's not forget the fact that you can't buy Mario 64 anymore.  

Isn't it available on the eShop? Don't know why that wouldn't count if it is.

Isn't it available on the eShop? Don't know why that wouldn't count if it is.

I was talking about physical copies.

I just watched pre-recorded and live streams of mario party 10 on twitch,   wtf?!    they're not taken down!   is twitch shutting down or banning users or deleting pre-recorded content for copyright b.s. for SHARING?!     No!!   

They're not taken down as such, and Joe's video wasn't either. They're just removing your ability to monetize the video yourself and divert all that money to themselves. Not sure, but that may even subsequently block the video in some regions for good measure, too. Joe removed the video himself after they did that to him.

Nintendo wants a percentage of every video you make revolving around their content. From what I heard Joe didn't qualify for their Ad share program which is pretty much a joke to begin with. But, for you to even use their content you need to be enrolled with them. But, hey I guess Joe should of known but hey there's always hope that a company like Nintendo can change to modern times.

Just boycott their stupid asses and don't cover anything Nintendo nor recommend their products or services to anybody.

As Joe said in his video you practically have to pay Nintendo to promote their products...

the only people yelling "nintendo are dinosaurs and have no clue and are dead and are going to leave the console market and bla bla bla"... are the very people who don't have any nintendo consoles and / or never intended to get them anyway. effectively they are just fanboys of the other consoles and the PC, preaching the usual internet hatred and war mongering across the internet.

meanwhile... everyone playing on a nintendo console is not on reddit... facebook, twitter... or youtube arguing with these people. they simply do not care. they are on their consoles, enjoying themselves. to finalise this post... despite all this, nintendo has more cash flow and assets than sony and microsoft studios put together. if anyone ever had an undisputed future in the gaming industry and is almost guaranteed to still be selling us games and consoles in 20 or even 30 years from now... it's nintendo. period. not sony. not microsoft.

More evidence that disprove this:

Nintendo fanboys in the comments for that too.

More evidence that disprove this:

Nintendo fanboys in the comments for that too.

And remember that this is coming from Boogie, one of the biggest Nintendo fans that I know of.

I believe I may not have been clear the first time, I am not defending what Nintendo has done here, far from it.  All I was saying was that their marketing team is probably responsible due to their clear history of utter incompetence.

Case in point, their latest handheld is the New 3DS (literally the name is New 3DS, I am not making this up) which will come complete with it's own exclusive titles.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-black/119890

lol seriously? The head of marketing and naming just isnt giving a crap is he.

lol seriously? The head of marketing and naming just isnt giving a crap is he.

I don't think he really cares to be honest. Guess the better question is why should he?

I've merged the "Joe was wrong" topic with this one seeing as how this one was made first and that topic only adds onto this one.

I've merged the "Joe was wrong" topic with this one seeing as how this one was made first and that topic only adds onto this one.

Sounds good nickyzhere. In the end though Joe should of known this would of happened. But, hey there's faith that Nintendo can change like the rest of the gaming companies have that support free publicity for their games and consoles.

If I'm not wrong, that program Nintendo has says that the 60-70% of the money made with the advertising revenue on the videos or channels registered in that program will be shared to the user, right?

If I'm wrong, I don't know what just happened with the Mario Party 10 video that Angry Joe uploaded.

But if I'm right... I don't care what I'm going to deserve for saying this, but gentlemen, that's logic. I do a video about Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, just for say one game that is usually uploaded recently. I know that if I upload that video, if it doesn't show any glitch and explain how to perform it, everything will be fine. But let's imagine that someday, Activision says: "OK, now the 50% of the money that a Call of Duty video will make, will be ours and the other half for the user." Or the 100% for Activision, or even worse, they decide to not allow any video upload for Advanced Warfare. It's logic, because you're making a video about a game that Activision distributed (it would be more logic if the decision was made by Sledgehammer Games, the guys who made it, but whatever) and they can. It would make everybody that uploaded Advanced Warfare videos really angry? Yes, but it's logic.

I'm not defending Nintendo, but someday other companies will do the same Nintendo is doing right now, maybe they will claim more or less % of money or just take the decision of not allowing any video upload of their games. It's just logic, and don't care if it's moral or not, it just happened. Some people will be OK, tons of other people will just be in a killing mood, but the fact is that Nintendo did it, and maybe they will cancel that program and allow any upload from Nintendo games in months or one year. Two if you want to be more realistic.

But just think... It could be worse. 

If I'm not wrong, that program Nintendo has says that the 60-70% of the money made with the advertising revenue on the videos or channels registered in that program will be shared to the user, right?

If I'm wrong, I don't know what just happened with the Mario Party 10 video that Angry Joe uploaded.

But if I'm right... I don't care what I'm going to deserve for saying this, but gentlemen, that's logic. I do a video about Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, just for say one game that is usually uploaded recently. I know that if I upload that video, if it doesn't show any glitch and explain how to perform it, everything will be fine. But let's imagine that someday, Activision says: "OK, now the 50% of the money that a Call of Duty video will make, will be ours and the other half for the user." Or the 100% for Activision, or even worse, they decide to not allow any video upload for Advanced Warfare. It's logic, because you're making a video about a game that Activision distributed (it would be more logic if the decision was made by Sledgehammer Games, the guys who made it, but whatever) and they can. It would make everybody that uploaded Advanced Warfare videos really angry? Yes, but it's logic.

I'm not defending Nintendo, but someday other companies will do the same Nintendo is doing right now, maybe they will claim more or less % of money or just take the decision of not allowing any video upload of their games. It's just logic, and don't care if it's moral or not, it just happened. Some people will be OK, tons of other people will just be in a killing mood, but the fact is that Nintendo did it, and maybe they will cancel that program and allow any upload from Nintendo games in months or one year. Two if you want to be more realistic.

But just think... It could be worse. 

60-70% not including all the other cuts the youtuber loses from ad revenue.  Its more we will take 30/40% and leave you with w/e is left. Its just worded to seem nice.

But under Fair Use Law, YouTubers are getting screwed. The Big N has managed to worm their way around it with thier "program" (which is absolute bullshit, seeing how there's a fucking LIST on what you can and can't talk about) 

To put it in perspective, EA announced a similar program, BUT LIGHTYEARS BETTER AND MORE FAIR, on April Fool's day. (I believe last year?) That's right. EA realizes a program like this is a joke, and the Big N doesn't. It is a sad day when your company falls behind EA.

EDIT: Don't get it twisted. I love Nintendo. But they need to fire their PR department immediately.

Puntosmx likes this

Ignoring the generic, "NINTENDO DOES NO WRONG EVER" and "YOUTUBERS SUCK AND SHOULDN'T GET PAID, GET A REAL JOB" comments from people. I saw some very strange comments from people, most who should know better, saying that not wanting to cover Nintendo products call Joe's "impartiality" into question. It would make more sense to call his impartiality into question if he WAS willing to cover one companies games without pay. It would be like if Joe was saying, "I love you so much Nintendo I don't even care if you take the money I work hard for." Being ok with having money taken from you should call impartiality into question just as much as accepting paid endorsements. The games industry really attracts a lot of petty commenters.

This is true. People need to separate their love for the product from their love for the company.

Honestly, the lack of high end review/gameplay content on youtube is why I don't have more nintendo games. I'm in college and don't have a bunch of money to waste on games right now, so I have to be careful about what I buy.

lemme give an example, last month I determined I had enough for one game, I have a 2ds and a PC as gaming platforms. I like the Zelda games and was interested in the new Majora's mask remake. Also on my list of possibilities was the Homeworld Remastered Collection, being a fan of the original games. Having the money for only one of them I did research, searching youtube for gameplay footage and reviews.

I found plenty for Homeworld, TB did a video, theXPGamers have been doing regular videos, all in all lots of easily accessible videos demonstrating homeworld gameplay. 

There wasn't nearly as much for Majora's mask, which is, presumable a much higher visibility game. Even now the biggest videos, ignoring those from nintendo itself, are Nick Robinson, IGN and AdamzoneTopMarks. Now this sounds like a decent selection but, and here's the kicker, this was about the same time that the 'Nintendo Affiliate Program' thing was fresh on my mind. Assuming those three videos were monetized, the only way the creators would get any money from those is if they let Nintendo look at the video before it hit youtube. It also meant that Nintendo was taking a portion of the money generate by those videos. Now call me paranoid but how can I trust that anything in those videos is genuine knowing that? 

In the end I chose to get Homeworld. I've been burned before when I bought a game without doing research (pointed stare at Aliens:CM) so I'd rather spend my hard earned money on something I know I'll enjoy. 

tl;dr: Nintendo's policy and affiliate program makes it A: harder to find gameplay footage when doing research for a game, B: difficult to tell if what videos present are genuine and C: more difficult for me to justify spending money on a Nintendo game.

Crazycrab and Mr_E_Meatshield like this

The same is also true of many companies, yet they don't do this bullshit. Like Joe said in his video, even EA pay people for this kind of promoton. Seriously, Nintendo, when you are worse than EA, even if it's in only one aspect, worry. And learn.

Very true on that last part. Very true.

And remember that this is coming from Boogie, one of the biggest Nintendo fans that I know of.

No dude, he's a fan of gaming in general.

if that is the case. We have to boycott nearly every Developer and Publisher. Not just Nintendo.

- a Team made Chrono Trigger Resurrection (95% done). Square Enix went full Panic and sued to "cease and desist".

- another Team made Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes. Square Enix...well just like in CT Resurrection.

and how Long did Square Enix never anncounced something new about Chrono Trigger? Since Chrono Cross. Some loyal fans made some Remakes and Square Enix acts like Nintendo

- a Team made Sonic 2 HD. SEGA sued the shit out of them...you know because Sonic Boom is so much better right?

- a Team made a Remake of Streets of Rage. SEGA sued the shit out of them. How Long didn't we ever hear something new about Streets of Rage?

- Total Biscuit talked/showed stuff about Shining Force 3 and SEGA acted like Nintendo. Where is Shining Force 3 now?

- a Team made Mechwarrior: Living Legends. Microsoft sued the shit out of them. Beacuse the future of Mechwarrior is online only with f2p/p2w only right?

It's not just Nintendo.

If you want to make a game revolving around an existing IP, you need to either own that IP, or have legal permission from those that do own said IP. Although if they never received permission to make those games, as would likely have been the case, the companies that do have every right to stop their development, and anyone with even a slim grasp of copyright law would have been able to see that coming.

What the hell is wrong with a guy called Froakie Frog on the comments? That guy is just a crazy Nintendo lunatic, defending every single moment the big N with his life. I thought Joe should keep his comments open, but people like Froakie Frog make me wish he would just close the comments, damn it. 

But under Fair Use Law, YouTubers are getting screwed. The Big N has managed to worm their way around it with thier "program" (which is absolute bullshit, seeing how there's a fucking LIST on what you can and can't talk about) 

on the internet there is no such thing as a fair use law. it's no use saying that youtubers from the US should be protected by fair usage laws when the company taking down their videos is from Japan.

Nintendo could not give 2 shits about the USA's fair usage laws, because it's not even the same country. It's their content and they don't answer to the USA. they don't have to follow any of your rules. that's how democracy works.

had it been an american company with an HQ in the US, then they would have to conform with all fair usage laws covering the internet in the US, so yes, chances are the video would not be able to be taken down. but they're not operating from america, they operate from Japan. nintendo of america is not a seperate company, it's a subsidiary office of the entire company itself in Japan. all decisions and management comes down from the home country. you can't tell a japanese company about fair usage laws in the US - it simply does not apply to them.

It blows my mind so much that Nintendoids are even defending this. The fact is that of of all the people this effects from YouTube content creators, YouTube viewers, Nintendo fans and gamers in general.... The ones that are fucked over the most are Nintendo!

They think their best defence is "They have the legal right". Joe could legally make a copyright claim against videos like this.

Does he? Of course not! He and the rest of the world are smart enough to realise that it's free promotion! Nintendo being greedy trying to monetise every last video or piece of online content that contains their copyrighted material or even just interpretations of it just results the creators removing them or just never posting in the first place and nobody gets any promotion or ad revenue.

I'm not saying their aren't circumstances when a copyright claim is legitimacy called for, but Nintendo are using it to censor criticism and suicidally narrow their own marketing potential. Which is so fucking stupid especially when they are making good products that could be and should be selling like hot cakes. The comparison of how high the critical response to the majority of their products is to how poorly their selling is all the proof you need! Their marketing sucks!

So Nintendo fans, unless you want the company that is making your favourite games to be permanently stuck in 4th place (5th if you count mobile) and most likely abandon the console hardware market like Atari and Sega, STOP DEFENDING THIS! I don't what I or anybody else can say to convince of how stupid this is.

@AngryJoeShow Nintendo copyrights you for a YouTube video. Yet this exists

CBzsHoaUoAAbDCS.jpg

Yeah, Nintendo sure cares about Copyright Infringement.

What the hell is wrong with a guy called Froakie Frog on the comments? That guy is just a crazy Nintendo lunatic, defending every single moment the big N with his life. I thought Joe should keep his comments open, but people like Froakie Frog make me wish he would just close the comments, damn it. 

THAT'S IMPOSSIBURU!!!!!!!!!!!! DIDN'T YOU KNOW THIS:

meanwhile... everyone playing on a nintendo console is not on reddit... facebook, twitter... or youtube arguing with these people. they simply do not care. they are on their consoles, enjoying themselves. to finalise this post... despite all this, nintendo has more cash flow and assets than sony and microsoft studios put together. if anyone ever had an undisputed future in the gaming industry and is almost guaranteed to still be selling us games and consoles in 20 or even 30 years from now... it's nintendo. period. not sony. not microsoft.

There's no Nintendo Fanboys on the internet, they're just enjoying their Nintendo Products without a care in the world.

Crazycrab likes this

....I'm not saying their aren't circumstances when a copyright claim is legitimacy called for.....

^Yep, that'd be one of them.

Yeah, Nintendo sure cares about Copyright Infringement.

THAT'S IMPOSSIBURU!!!!!!!!!!!! DIDN'T YOU KNOW THIS:

There's no Nintendo Fanboys on the internet, they're just enjoying their Nintendo Products without a care in the world.

Still, the things he spews out are just illogical. But perhaps you are right. Now its all for a mightier power in order to solve this.