• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dane2hip48

How did you get into gaming? whats your story?

33 posts in this topic

for me it was on my 7th or 8th birthday. I got  a ps2 with ratchet and clank and I loved it.(my first plat former ever.) took me about 3 years to finish it because I deleted my saved game multiple times on accident. lol. I played my first shooter around the age of 10 over my friends house  and that was star wars Battlefront 2. controls totally through me off because I wasn't used to having to control the direction you were going and looking at the same time. shortly after my sister got the Hitman collection from a friend who didn't want them anymore. these being my first stealth games I loved them immensely at eleven later I got a 360 with the games Risen, Nier and an avengers marvel game. the games blew my mind. nier and risen being my first rpg games. later I started to go to GameStop and began receiving game informer magazines. at first I just looked at the pictures as a younger kid would do but soon I found myself reading the reviews and articles inside because of my increased interest in reading in general. later I got the issue announcing assassins creed 3. at the time I had never heard of the games and began to ask my neighbor about them. he had me play brotherhood which I found hard to control with no instructions. I decided later to go out and play through the series starting with one. when I went to GameStop I asked for the first game in which he then advised that I get the second game instead. I soon was deep into the game and began to play through the whole series eventually going back to the first to play through it. by the time I was caught up I was super hyped for 3. every time I went online I looked up updates and trailers for the game. and even with its many faults i still found myself loving it. And as the years passed i got interested into multiple series such as

splinter cell, gta, dragon age, mass effect, fallout , elder scrolls and the telltale games.  over the years though my peers didn't express the same love for gaming I had. they were into online shooters like cod and battlefield. often they would buy games like AC or gta but only played them for online or to goof around without even touching the storyline. this is one of the reasons I migrated to the forums to talk about gaming in general. whats your story? (:

My first actual game i can remember was the Original Age of empires, or Halo CE, one of the two where my first actual games i can remember. (Exlude those shitty sites with flash games lol) After Mastering those games at an age of 7, i kinda went on to be an active gamer, playing both on my old xbox and PC. Quickly i enjoyed the strategy genre, And i started playing Lots of strategy games on the PC, like empire earth, stronghold etc...

Later going back to the console scene playing Halo 2 with buddies at my house, after that i bought a xbox360 early 2006,  Played the shit outta Halo 2 on there with the bonus maps + lots of Gears of war and other games. But i never left the PC scene, simultaneously i always went on to play some Counter-strike source and Hl2-dm. Until i lost my account in the Abyss and i was never able to recover it. Thus going back to the Xbox360 with all the new releases like Halo 3, Bad company, Assasins creed etc... But never really left the PC, always playing some game on there too, either strategy or shooter or rpg, idk what genre.

So like, i was always playing games to the day i can remember lol. Never really stopped haha.

The earliest memory I have is of me playing the Crash games (mainly CB2 and CTR) at a childhood friend's. Our parents never bought us any consoles (for an understandable reason), but whenever we visited friends who did own consoles, we would spend the entire day sitting in front of the TV with a controller in each hand.

I've been into games since I was 2 years old, playing Sonic on the Sega Genesis (I also managed to get to the Scrap Brain stage at 2 years old. Isn't that crazy?) and Super Mario World on SNES. When I was 5 I got a bundle of games from Westwood, including Dune 2000 and C&C Red Alert, and my first PS2. My collection of PS2 games grew to 50 in a day thanks to a friend giving me his games when the PS3 came out, and I slowly acquired more before GameStop stopped selling them. And now, well you can probably see how many games I have on Steam down in the signature box, and the collection is still growing. :D

It's all laid out here. Mostly. I've had an Intellivision, NES, Sega Genesis, GameCube, and Wii. But the PC has always been my first love. Well maybe not love; more like a steamy bipolar relationship. When it's good it's so good, and when it's bad you feel like pounding nails through your penis.

katy-perry-bipolar-o.gif

The first gaming experience I can remember vwas 31-1 on the Atari 2600. We were living in temporary accommodation whilst our house was being renovated and at Christmas me and my brothers huddled around the TV playing combat and basketball. Epic.

My dad was a heavy doom player and when I was six, he let me start playing it on the pc to "try it out". Never looked back lol

Madfinnishgamer38 likes this

C&C way back when 1999.

I got a computer to help with school work and to get ready for college (i wanted to do web design). I was in a local repair shop getting a new mouse cos my ball mouse just wasnt working right and I noticed a few disks near the counter. And there it was C&C red alert.. Dune .. Westwood hooked me for life before id hit 16 after just a few minutes of playing I knew id be doing this for ever.

Now i have kids i had to drop the career i loved in gaming but gladly i still do a lot of freelance stuff in my own time helping aplha/beta test and for a couple of Chinese companies i translate for the English versions of there games. Which tbh is great. though i cant seem to get the games i want free (NDAs and freelance just dont go together :( ) i do get access to loads of others. Usually way before people even know they exist. Which lets face it, is a good feeling.  

My gaming life all started when I Saw my brother playing N64, and then I stole the controller from him. Been hooked on gaming ever since.... 1993

Aloha!

Original Nintendo, Duck hunt and original Mario Bros. for the win, then the Sega Genesis I believe. It has been a long fun ride I will say that.

I got into gaming when i was 7 when my uncle brought me a PS1 and then the following year a PS2 (good times!) a year after that my mum brought me a PSP then PS3 and X BOX 360 came out and all games on PS2 stopped, my brother brought a PS3 and i brought a X BOX 360 i have not brought any next gen console. 

i started playing Videogames back in the late 80s. i was 7-8 years old. My dad had a Intellivision with space invaders, tripple Action and many other games. the in the early 90s my Cousin got a NES and i got a Master System 2. From there on it was pure competition between him and me. i was addicted with sonic, double Dragon, out run europe, shinobi, Mario bros 3, turtles 2, castlevania, mega man...so hardcore that grades in School dropped. Then My parents let me Play only on Holiday time.

years later my best friend had a SNES and for me it was mindblowing. Contra, Super Castlevania 4, Mario World, Street Fighter, F-Zero, Zelda...i only played on Weekend with him until then i could barely sleep at night. Meanwhile My Cousin got a Sega Genesis and it was awesome. I mostly played sonic and streets of rage.

Again some years later my best friend got a PSX and  it was Tekken time XD. Resident Evil was a complete new world for me and nuclear strike was a hidden gem. I borrowed a N64 with one of  my most favourite game of all time: Wave Race. still today i am amazed how the wave and water Quality was that good back then.

in 96 i got my first PC with a Joystick and Star Wars X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter the Academy. That was the beginning of my hardcore gaming era XD.

around 2005 i bought a PS2 silver Slim Edition with Tekken 5 and B.Boy the game...then some years and 200games later i still Play with it sometimes. Still got 150 games to Play through^^.

Around that time my friend gave me the Dreamcast and i run to the next gameshop to buy some old sega classics like Ready 2 rumble, Sonic adventure, Jet set Radio...

i completely skipped the 7th Gen, almost no interesting titles for me. Had a PC aside from my Consoles. Got a WiiU on Christmas last year and it's a Blast. Have the Feeling to be back in the early 90s with some old classics remade, everytime i turn it on.

so today: PC, WiiU, PS2 and Dreamcast

My stepfather had an Atari.
My father once played Pong with me.
My cousins got a Nintendo and we played together on weekends.
So, I asked my father and he bought me a Nintendo too.
The rest was just keeping the hobby alive ^_^

I had a shitty childhood, went to a shitty school with shitty people and things got un-shitty every time I played videogames.

Pandolu and ViralBunny like this

My earliest memory of games was from playing spyro on the PS1 and rock raiders on the PC. Rock raiders was the shit back then <3

Lazilot likes this

i started playing video games ever since my father gave me an Atari2600 way back in the days like when i was around 5 or 6 years old. After that i played on PC mostly cause there where some good point-and-click games back in the day, like Full Throttle or Grim Fandango. Moved away from the PC and put my money in the consoles. First one up was the NES, after that i bought an Sega Mega Drive, SNES, N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3 and finally the PS4. 

My 6-years older brother got an atari 2600 at some point, I was like 3 or something, been playing em since. IIRC my fave games on it were war, forgot the name, picture of some knight dude backhand-swinging his sword. It was like a 4player pong+bricks game, plaque attack, and beserk.

Sometime later, don't remember when, he also got an NES, from our grandparents who would always give us the most useless shitty games ever afterwards..but the day they gave us a nintendo, they gave us 2 games... contra and metroid.. holy fuck did they pick well lawl. I remember when I got them I didn't know if they were particularly good or not, but I liked them then, and in retrospect, I don't think they could have done much better at all. Sometime during the NES era I became a bigger gamer than my brother despite him being the receiver of the gifts (not that I wasn't allowed to use them just as much). I mean even to him. We had some brotherly competition with some things, and there were some things there was no competition for because 6 years older is alot when you're only 6-8. But Videogames were my thing before long. 

DeadOrb1t likes this

I started playing stuff like Metroid and Duck Hunt on the NES when I was 5 or so, maybe in 1999. It was my parents old console. The next console I got was a PSOne in December '01 I think along with Spyro The Dragon, Army Men 3D and Rayman. My library of games for that expanded to include all three Spyro games (the good ones at least; dare not speak of the Skylander Heresy  :P), GTA, Spiderman, Metal Gear Solid and too much crap to list. I was mostly into platformers until 2003, when my Uncle introduced me to Halo: CE. Soon I had to have an Xbox, which I got for that years b-day. The only games I had for a while were Halo: CE and and two demo discs from OXM. I got Metal Arms and MechAssault for a late Christmas in January, as well as Brute Force, Splinter Cell, MechAssault 2 and Halo 2 in 2004. I also got PS2 that year (due to getting a great deal on one through the pawnshop where my stepdad worked) along with Ratchet & Clank. Its worth mentioning that many of the PS2 games I played (like GTA: SA and Vice City, Soldier of Fortune, Maximo, the Jak & Daxter series) were stuff my friends would bring over to play. That about sums up my early game influences.

Nintendo was the very first console i had could not believe how addictive it was at the time, then i had a Amstrad pc and remember playing games on a tape cassette. What hooked me the most was Super Nintendo hours i spend on Super Mario and Teenage Mutant Turtles lol. 

Well for as long as I can recall, I started when I was 6 years old when my grandfather got me my first console that was a Sega Genesis for my birthday. (I still play with my old Sega Genesis each time I want to recall good memories when I was a little boy).

I got into gaming when I was 2 years old. My mom needed help playing Doom and Marathon, so she enlisted my aid to kill everything while she controlled the movement. I eventually learned how to move and shoot at the same time, which made it that I could play this games on my own. The 2 year old playing rated M games. I unsurprisingly got nightmares from these games. Tthe games were deleted, but I was already hooked on playing video games.

I originally started on an old Mac computer where I played whatever was on it. This ranged from kids games such as Pajama Sam and Putt Putt; arcade games that no one here has probably ever heard of; and demos for FPS such as the previously mentioned Doom and Marathon along with Star Wars Dark Forces, Damage Incorporated, Prime Target, and a little bit of Duke Nukem.

When I was 6 years old, I  moved on to a Gameboy Advance, a birthday present from my grandmother. A good portion of the games that I played on it were licensed games, but I did play a few Mario games and a couple Zelda games. Not exactly the greatest of games (excluding Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and The Yoshi's Island), but I had a lot of fun playing them all.

In third grade, my parents bought a PS2. It was the first console I ever played on. The PS2 introduced me to the JRPG in the form of Kingdom Hearts II; World War 2 in games such as Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein; and the 3D platformer in the Rachet & Clank series. The PS2 was also another way to play more games cooperatively, a gametype I have enjoyed since the first games I've played.

Playing my GBA and the PS2 lasted for quite some time. My family moved on from Mac to Windows. I learned about online gaming through F2P games Runescape (my first MMORPG), Crossfire, and Combat Arms.

As time has progressed, I've learned more about games, and I've upgraded my own systems. I bought my own DS lite when I was 15. I managed to collect a variety of JRPGs. Kingdom Hearts, Luminous Arc 2, and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon were among the few. I also got into the Ace Attorney and Megaman series When I got a job, I saved up money to upgrade to a 3DS. I don't have nearly as many games for this handheld - or at least not as many physical games. There are plenty of digital games on the eShop. Not to long later I bought a PS3 for a TV I got for free from a family. I've played series such as Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Dead Space, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Resident Evil, Infamous, and the Batman Arkham games. I've also played The Last of Us, which proved me wrong for thinking it wasn't going to be that great. It's among one of my most favorite games for story.

And now I have my own PC.

Duke Nukem 3D

^^lol. I love your sig

Thanks! It took me over 5 months of revolution, robolution, civil war, economic reform, purges, mass industrialization, and more purges before I finally decided to stop procrastinating and whipped it up in MS Paint in under two minutes.

Dane2hip48 likes this

Marathon

I originally started on an old Mac computer where I played whatever was on it. This ranged from kids games such as Pajama Sam and Putt Putt; arcade games that no one here has probably ever heard of; 

I thought Marathon was one such mac-only game series, like all of Bungie's games before myth, or was it myth 2... whatever.

Have you ever played odyssey: The legend of nemesis? It's an old mac-only rpg I adored

Crosstroop3r likes this