• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jitterdoomer

Is Battlefield becoming the next Call of Duty?

15 posts in this topic

That begs the question, Battlefield 3 introduced ourselves with a newer IP which creates better and fluid graphics to impress Battlefield fans much like Call of Duty 4, but now since DICE recycled the same engine for BF4 and Hardline, we are starting to get bored right now because of how both of these games were equally the same as BF3. This is totally nuts, I believe they're going to do this for the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game.

But it's Frostbite 3 with it we can run 4k instead of that shitty 1080p, I mean LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE! 

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope you realize my blatant sarcasm lol.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

But it's Frostbite 3 with it we can run 4k instead of that shitty 1080p, I mean LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE! 

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope you realize my blatant sarcasm lol.

But can't you see? It's clearly different! The 1080p one is darker compared to the 4k one!!!

Well it's still enjoyable to play either way. I think it's turning to call of duty both in it's practice and the gameplay. Tho battlefield has at least not turned full run and gun cage fight yet like call of duty has been since mw1

Just pick 1 and stick with it, I've said the same for call of duty, stick with the iteration you like and keep playing that until something that you deem worthy of another purchase comes out. The only bad thing is that it's dividing the community with every release.

Either franchises both has the annual release issues, not much difference from the game year after. But hey! if people want that then why not let them

Free market amright?

no this has happened to a few different franchises were they change very little between games. think

Borderlands 2- Borderlands pre-sequel

Fallout 3- Fallout New Vegas

Assassins Creed 4 - Assassins Creed Rouge

Batman Arkham City- Batman Arkham Origins

Doesn't mean that it will be a reoccurring pattern. although keep in mind I have only heard things about the Battle field seris

I worried about this too when Hardline was announced before BF4 was even a year old. I'm hoping not. Even if the engine used is the same in the new iteration of a game it isn't so bad if enough time has passed and content released on the previous and if the new game provides something different.

I mean DICE did try with BF4 with their levelution system and updates of the favourite maps from BF3.

I suppose you can say they bought something new to Hardline but other than the theme it seems they've just reduced the features everywhere else. Smaller maps, fewer weapons, etc.

Its a shame as BFH made some great changes and is pretty well balanced from the get go (not perfectly though by far)

But the smaller maps and insane TTK times makes it too much like cod for my liking.  Now dont get me wrong i dont hate cod games i just much prefer BF.

I got back into playing BF4 and im glad i did!  Now that the game is actually stable for the most part its just so much fun to play.

I only play COD if i fancy a blast on something that requires little concentration or tactics.  A quick fix kinda thing.

The gameplay and hype of the recently released Battlefield Hardline boasts very fast gameplay...  Sound familiar?  It should because that's precisely what Call of Duty Advanced Warefare said as well.  This is going down just like before with Battlefield 4; they're trying to be something they are not, and it is going to cost them.  Battlefield games use to be renowned for using strategy and teamwork to overcome a better opposition(also why Battlefield can be slow at times) which is unfortunately not the case anymore.  I hope DICE will realize that they aren't on the right path and return this flagship series to what it used to be.  No offense to anyone who disagrees with my opinion. 

I recently saw a youtube video from the other channel I like watching. This guy mainly seems to focus on Halo, Destiny and Battlefield from what I have seen of him thus far. He speaks a lot of sense, though, and I gotta say I agree with most of the things he talks about. Most of this video seems to fall in line with what's been talked about in here, so figure I'll share it.

Though I must say, I hate how these games are all leading into each other instead of trying to further differentiate themselves from one another. Gameplay-wise.

They should just make a 2143 already or maybe a BC3

Battlefield's multiplayer is still much like it was in the old Battlefield games; a game with dynamic, over-the-top, massive sandbox battles. However, where Battlefield is turning into Call of Duty is with it's single player campaigns. Battlefield should stop trying to one up Call of Duty and should just replace the single player with a Coop driven story or survival mode.

Battlefield's multiplayer is still much like it was in the old Battlefield games; a game with dynamic, over-the-top, massive sandbox battles. However, where Battlefield is turning into Call of Duty is with it's single player campaigns. Battlefield should stop trying to one up Call of Duty and should just replace the single player with a Coop driven story or survival mode.

Basing this on hardline of course:

Much faster TTK times.

Smaller maps.

Scorestreaks.

Reduced amount of weapons.

Sniping is now point and click like COD (this is in part to the smaller maps of course)

I don't like the bf series any more, was not impressed with hardline at all. 

In bf2 I liked the fact that you had to go about in a squad all together in a blackhawk or jeep or apc or whatever to actually achieve something. If you try to go alone you are not going to get anywhere and loose the round pretty quickly. But to me it seems ll that is gone and it's a shame. 

From bf I switched to planetside which is a great idea and huge maps and players but this does the opposite. This turns into a zerg and there are no tactics involved whatsoever! 

I'm looking for the perfect balance between the two! COD is defiantly not it I feel like having a seizure every time I look at it. just run and spray and explode and die and run and spray and die and explode