• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

There's paid fatalities for Mortal Kombat X.......... Huh??

57 posts in this topic

http://ap.ign.com/m/mortal-kombat-x/88510/news/mortal-kombat-x-features-microtransactions-for-eas

Apparently there's a paid dlc to simplify fatalities in the game. 5 of them for just $1, or 30 of them for $5.

I can think of 3 reactions to this:

1) most unnecessary stupid shit ever. Are you fucking kidding me?

2) who in the holy mother of fuck is so stupid that they had to pay just to perform fatalities???

3) WHY IS THIS EVEN HERE???? Who the hell came up with this insulting pathetic scam???

Great, this highly anticipated game already got flak for just this dumbass issue. It doesn't need to happen damn it!

Laserrifle125 likes this

Honestly, people are never satisfied with dlc... if it's needed or important to the game, it should have been included in the game and is a scam.. if it's completely pointless and just a convenience to the lazy, it's a scam. If they provide meaningful, even if minor actual gameplay advantages.. it's pay2win, and a scam.'

I personally would never buy such a dlc, but this is the very exact kind of dlc I wish to see if there is any. It doesn't affect me at all, doesn't make me feel like I'm missing anything important, and the devs get to earn a bit more money from people who have more money to blow than they need to worry about, instead of charging everyone, including the poor more.

Mr. Molotov likes this

There is also the issue of the PC version apparently being quite broken, after reading the Steam reviews there are a lot of dissatisfied people 

http://ap.ign.com/m/mortal-kombat-x/88510/news/mortal-kombat-x-features-microtransactions-for-eas

Apparently there's a paid dlc to simplify fatalities in the game. 5 of them for just $1, or 30 of them for $5.

I can think of 3 reactions to this:

1) most unnecessary stupid shit ever. Are you fucking kidding me?

2) who in the holy mother of fuck is so stupid that they had to pay just to perform fatalities???

3) WHY IS THIS EVEN HERE???? Who the hell came up with this insulting pathetic scam???

Great, this highly anticipated game already got flak for just this dumbass issue. It doesn't need to happen damn it!

I'm a bit confused, are ways to simplify fatalities being sold or are the fatalities themselves being sold?

Apparently it's called Mortal Menu on steam by people XD

The fatalities are already in the game, they are just trying to sell an easier way to preform them. Whish is a huge rip-off.

Kinda reminds me how Naughty Dogs told everybody about the difficulty on how The Last of Us were meant to be played, but then you had to pay for the difficulty. Complete insult to every gamer that paid for the game, but couldn't play the game they way it was meant to be played.

Kinda reminds me how Naughty Dogs told everybody about the difficulty on how The Last of Us were meant to be played, but then you had to pay for the difficulty.

Actually, the grounded difficulty was being sold after the game was released, it wasn't day 1 DLC, unlike some other games (I'm looking at you, Metro: last light).    

Doesn't matter. If people want to do easier fatalities they can buy it. It won't effect the game content or quality for anyone else.

I don't mind it, but obviously is a waste of dev money if no one buys them we'll see if it makes it into MKXI :)

Youtube is your friend. Honestly, who cares if you can't pull them off. If you want to just see what they look like then find them online.

This won't affect game play balance, I think that making an option for easier fatalities is good. I would be frustrating

to have to pay for them, but they cost very little. DLC practices get a hell of allot worse than this.

I think the simplified fatalities should have been something you unlock through tower challenges or something. So it feels like you at least made an effort to get better at the game even if your garbage at fatalities

Laserrifle125 likes this

There is also the issue of the PC version apparently being quite broken, after reading the Steam reviews there are a lot of dissatisfied people 

Oh, it's completely fucked.  3 gigs for the pre-load and then the rest of the game through DLC packs.  Even after downloading everything, I'm still missing Goro,(I pre-ordered),Scorpion, and Sub-zero.  I'm also missing several modes including Story Mode, Towers and a whole lot of other crap.  Apparently they were trying out a new system for Valve and it failed miserably.  I'm attempting to download the game again, but no guarantees.  If you get Mortal Kombat X, do NOT get it through Steam.  The idea, I think was to allow you to play the game while it was downloading.  It doesn't work.  Not properly anyway.  To quote Angry Joe: They done fucked it up.

They done fucked it up. How come MK9 works fine and this one has a mess of a launch?

They done fucked it up. How come MK9 works fine and this one has a mess of a launch?

If memory serves, MK9 didn't exactly have the smoothest launch on Steam, either.  But it was a much better release than this clusterfuck.

MK9 worked fine for me, but I played the 360 version rather than the PC one.

MK9 worked fine for me, but I played the 360 version rather than the PC one.

Well, the PC version of MK9 worked with everything pretty much unlocked right out of the gate.  The performance wasn't the greatest but everything was there.  With MKX, we don't even get half a game, not even the credits.  So somebody fucked up.

So somebody fucked up.

As you mentioned earlier, they may have testing out a system for Valve.

As you mentioned earlier, they may have testing out a system for Valve.

That's no excuse for such a colossal screw up and that's what I'm calling this fiasco: The Mortal Kombat Screwjob.  It's unbelievable.

The fatalities are already in the game, they are just trying to sell an easier way to preform them. Whish is a huge rip-off.

Kinda reminds me how Naughty Dogs told everybody about the difficulty on how The Last of Us were meant to be played, but then you had to pay for the difficulty. Complete insult to every gamer that paid for the game, but couldn't play the game they way it was meant to be played.

They're not remotely at all similar. One actually affects gameplay in a large way for the entirety of the game... another does essentially nothing, and if you never get it you don't miss anything, completely optional even for a completionist.

This is just messed up. I read the article that explained it and I'm like really... really... you're doing this just to milk the DLC for what it's worth. Fuck that!

Fatalities don't sway the fights one way or the other anyway. If people are having difficulties executing (no pun intended) them, let them buy these limited easy fatalities. It's their money, and it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't purchase them at all.

Shagger likes this

Fatalities don't sway the fights one way or the other anyway. If people are having difficulties executing (no pun intended) them, let them buy these limited easy fatalities. It's their money, and it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't purchase them at all.

Honestly, it should be an option in the game with a simple toggle on or off.  That would make more sense, that way some of us that can do the fatalities can have the satisfaction of getting it right, while those that have issues don't really have to worry about it.  That, in my opinion, would be a better option.  Call me crazy, but if you give people the option of doing it one way or another, you might actually end up with more fans.  Just saying.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Honestly, it should be an option in the game with a simple toggle on or off.  That would make more sense, that way some of us that can do the fatalities can have the satisfaction of getting it right, while those that have issues don't really have to worry about it.  That, in my opinion, would be a better option.  Call me crazy, but if you give people the option of doing it one way or another, you might actually end up with more fans.  Just saying.

I completely agree. Personally that's one of my main gripes about the fighting game genre, is that they have needlessly complicated input sequences that nobody seems to complain about. I mean any other game genre where the control feels clumsy, off, or unintuitive has people moaning about it like the game is a waste of e-air, but fighting games are given a free pass for this, and I have no idea why.

However, what would make more sense, or be more natural is one thing. Fact is super inexpensive dlc that doesn't affect people who don't have it in the SLIGHTEST is not a con, it's not bullshit, it's not a scam. Goodness, I'd hate to see how these people would react if they were ACTUALLY scammed.

If it's any consolation to people who bought the PC version of Mortal Kombat X, it's all there now.  Story mode, everything that isn't DLC.  It's still a cluster-fuck of a launch, though.