• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blurmania 53

Star Wars Battlefront to release in november 17th this year

27 posts in this topic

Don't know if you guys know this or have suspected this date, but I asked a Gamestop employee about the release date of battlefront and he said according to their database, october 25th is the supposed release date for battlefront. Thats' two days before halo 5 is released.

And if you have ea access you can play battlefront  maybe a week ahead or something

You and me both. From the looks of the videos posted on ea star wars channel, the  dice team looks to have a great passion about  star wars and star wars battlefront and that it comes true in the game. Just hope ea doesn't go in with aggressive dlc plans, excessive micro-transactions, or remove missing content from the full game that they will charge you for.

If it launches with battle pack bundles dlc weapons and a load of bollox pay for new color skins I will cry :(

I have a feeling that it will be a mess but I have high hopes for this game. We'll know closer to the date which could change a few times

I'm kind of skeptical ea would be dumb enough to have their game launch right around when halo 5 launches. I can see them delaying it until December to allow people to fully reload their wallets.

The official release date has apparently been revealed:

No space combat. Whaaat^. No pay to play space battles if added later!

And only 40 player games? What the hell. At least theres heroes/villains and 3rd person view...

And only 40 player games? What the hell. At least theres heroes/villains and 3rd person view...

The strange thing is if there can not be space battles according to the guy from the dice team above featured in the video, then why does it say it otherwise on their website.  It says "you can pilot x-wings, tie-fighters, millenium falcon and more of you favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat "?

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront?buy_platform=ps4&utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&cid=37628&ts=1429296711417#five-reasons-to-play

Is it an early release on XBox One?  I just an email from Sony stating November 20th as the release date.

The strange thing is if there can not be space battles according to the guy from the dice team above featured in the video, then why does it say it otherwise on their website. It says "you can pilot x-wings, tie-fighters, millenium falcon and more of you favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat "?

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront?buy_platform=ps4&utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-yt-celebration-full-anno-vid-site-ramp&cid=37628&ts=1429296711417#five-reasons-to-play

Dog fights in the air above the ground, not in space

Is it an early release on XBox One? I just an email from Sony stating November 20th as the release date.

It is available early on xbox one to ea access subscribers. They get like 10 hours of gameplay before the game launches. Might just have to get ea access so i can try all the games before they come out if they plan on doing it for every release. Might save me money if games are not what i expect

Dog fights in the air above the ground, not in space

Thanks for clearing it up. I wish they did at it later fore release and if not  for free after launch and not paid. I wish they did add it later unfortunately, for free and not paid. If you do get ea acess, can you post some gameplay here on the forum if the youtube content id doesn't screw it up?

Thanks for clearing it up. I wish they did at it later fore release and if not for free after launch and not paid. I wish they did at it later unfortunately, for free and not paid. If you do get ea acess, can you post some gameplay here on the forum if the youtube content id doesn't screw it up?

I dont have a capture card but if twitch allows it, then i'll stream it and put the streams on youtube as well if they dont get blocked.

Honestly I was really disappointed in all of the news. The only thing that can make me purchase this game now is a Co-op galactic conquest mode

Honestly I was really disappointed in all of the news. The only thing that can make me purchase this game now is a Co-op galactic conquest mode

And seeing as theres no space combat, its either not going to be present, or similar to battlefront 1's which was kinda shit.

I pray for all that is holy that EA doesn't fuck this up.

Pretty much this

Pretty much this

Looks like dice already pretty much did to be honest. I like nothing i see but the graphics (but we will see if those stay until launch), heroes, and third person view option. Everything else feels like a step back from battlefront 2 or even battlefront 1.

No space combat really sucks, which rules out Galactic conquest which was my favorite part of Battlefront 2. 

Hope they at least allow Third Person view, I'm not a huge fan of First-Person.  

No space combat really sucks, which rules out Galactic conquest which was my favorite part of Battlefront 2.

Hope they at least allow Third Person view, I'm not a huge fan of First-Person.

They confirmed options for both first and third person

Honestly, I'm looking forward to playing Battlefront 3, even with the 40 player limit and missing the space battles. However, all that I'm worried about is will there be enough in-game content? Battlefield: Hardline had nowhere near enough content to justify it's £60 ($60-$80?) price tag. Given that Battlefront 3 won't have a single player campaign, hopefully DICE will put enough content into the game's multiplayer in order to counterbalance this.

Do you think that they could introduce space battles as part of their DLC or the inevitable season pass?

I am unfortunately jaded. I loved the past two battlefronts BUT D.I.C.E> seriously fucked up on battlefield 4.'s launch and how they handled waiting to fix things until almost a year had gone. Also they had a  in favor of pushing dlc vs fixes attitude with that game.  I mean I WANT the new battlefront to be good but I can't trust them enough buy it right off because of the bf4 fiasco. .

Still worried about the lack of content, but if game play is solid its definitely enough to drop 60 on.