• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer

106 posts in this topic

So in easy speaking , you must buy the game 79.99$ or the deluxe edition for 89.99$ who is obviously incomplete and wait 5 months later to have campaign and galactic conquest modes and paid again a 12.99$ just so you can play them ? This is nonsense. Who the hell someone can defend this game and is philosophie ?

I've still got my hope up upon DICE, despite the sad news of no galactic conquest or space battles which is indeed a shame. I'm just hoping they are able to patch as many problems as before with Battlelog/Punkbuster issues, optimization issues, etc.

Dice releasing a game without any major bugs ?

N4rSc2h.gif?1

We all should be Cynical pricks at this point of the gaming industry, demanding more from games is NOT Bad.

In fact, everyone should be, but until then, we will experience Bullshit games such as the ones we are getting these days.

God, 2014 was a disgusting year for games, and Battlefield Hardline made me think that this year is not going to be that different.

Seems like a huge lack of content, seems to be MP only. Hopefully by 4 planets they mean 4 full planets.

We all should be Cynical pricks at this point of the gaming industry, demanding more from games is NOT Bad.

In fact, everyone should be, but until then, we will experience Bullshit games such as the ones we are getting these days.

The video was saying that though being cynical was something he didn't like, there's a good reason for it.

While I do agree that the latest drivel stream of information can easily make someone cynical (especially if they have played Battlefront 1 and 2), but at the same time, this cynicism simply wouldn't be there if it didn't have the Battlefront name.  If it was called something like Star Wars: Battlefield, I wouldn't bat an eyelid and completely ignore the game.  But when they used the Battlefront name in their game, then logically, it would either be a product that would build on its predecessors... or a blatant cash-in, designed to exploit the dedication of the fans that have been waiting for over a decade for a new Battlefront game.

And thanks to those who pre-ordered on a whim, you've contributed to more of this:

PRM8gm8.jpg

Erik Kain from Forbes is not too happy with pre-orders this early... without any in-game footage publicly shown:

"I also have to remind everyone that you’d be absolutely bloody crazy to pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront. I say this not just because this is EA we’re talking about (though that’s a real factor) or because there have been major launch issues with DICE games like Battlefield 4 and other EA titles like SimCity. I say this because preordering is generally anti-consumer and the bribes you get for it rarely outweigh the potential risk."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/04/18/youd-have-to-be-crazy-to-pre-order-star-wars-battlefront/

For those who were unfortunate enough to miss Battlefront 1 and 2, have a look at this comparison and see for yourself:

BIjNA6r.png

Also, Battlefront 1 had 10 planets, and some planets had 2 maps: http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Maps

Sammonoske and Mr_E_Meatshield like this

The video was saying that though being cynical was something he didn't like, there's a good reason for it.

Of course, there was a good reason for it.

My point was, we have to be cynical at first even though there are no primary signs of being a total disaster of a game, and this game, for now, is on the way of being a total disaster, since it's being looked by more people than average, and to be honest with this announcements i'm expecting a Duke Nukem Forever level of disappointment, being Battlefront II the game that i palyed most in my entire life, it saddens me.

I've decided to wait AJ to review the game before doing anything, at least for this game.

Can someone let me know if i get any of the following wrong..

Dice and EA are releasing Battlefront smaller than its previous incarnations, smaller multiplayer and its in the same business model as the BF series (delux/pass dlcs.. bonus weapons with pre order - give it time for pay to win packs if there not in already?)

So as a fan of battlefront and battlefield this game will be all the bad aspects we dont want from these games - less content more pay to win? Im not seeing a plus side anywhere on the web for a reason to get it. - ive tried to go out my way to wait closer to release to give it a chance cos my expectations were already in the gutter now ive read all this and done some reading up and seeing the "not in game footage" (this annoys me as its basically saying here is what your not buying and will never experience) i feel like im gonna pass entirely. 

I'm only going to judge the game once I've seen some actual gameplay. If the gameplay is good then I might consider buying the game AFTER it has launched. However, at what price depends on how much content the game will contain at launch. If the game contains a lackluster amount of content (whilst still having good gameplay, graphics, etc), then I'll probably buy the game at a discounted price. If the game is utter crap, then I'll simply not buy the game.

This is what I did with Watch Dogs, Battlefield: Hardline and Total War: Attila and I'll do the same thing with Battlefront 3.

Apex Spartan likes this

There was some initial confusion, where there were rumors of instant action being confirmed:

http://i.imgur.com/kjHOaKN.jpg

Only to be refuted by EA community manager him/herself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/33a8ks/instant_action_is_a_confirmed_feature/cqj20mc

Basically, missions =/= instant action.

Some good news for once, AT-ST's are fully controllable, unlike the on-rail AT-AT's:

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/590158684476592128

:-S

Of course, there was a good reason for it.

My point was, we have to be cynical at first even though there are no primary signs of being a total disaster of a game, and this game, for now, is on the way of being a total disaster, since it's being looked by more people than average, and to be honest with this announcements i'm expecting a Duke Nukem Forever level of disappointment, being Battlefront II the game that i palyed most in my entire life, it saddens me.

I've decided to wait AJ to review the game before doing anything, at least for this game.

To developers and publishers that deserve it sure. But for the likes of CD Project Red and Rocksteady, not so much.

Well you know ....I don't want to be an asshole but CD Project has all my respect on this matter. I don't really know why you come with this on the table. Who we talking about is EA, the compagny who has the least respects among developpers and publishers. So at least i'm wrong , it this REALLY NORMAL we must be cynical and i must say we must be cynical with a bully like EA. Am i miss the information CD project or Rocksteady participate in the developpement of Star Wars : Battlefront ? I don't think so .

I not say we must be cynical with all the developpers. My point is please let us breath. When this guys saying be cynical with EA is not necessarily mean he must be cynical with all the devellopers.

Ysnar likes this

My point is please let us breath. When this guys saying be cynical with EA is not necessarily mean he must be cynical with all the devellopers.

100% this.  Instead of cynical, I suggest you use the word vigilant... we should be more vigilant and watch out for developers that do stuff like this... so we won't fall for their tricks.

anubist800 likes this

According to this interview from Engadget, the environment won't be as destructable as BF4:

"[Fun] is the very essence of Star Wars," Fegraeus says; a world of epic battles, good versus evil, heroes and imagination. Fun also means lighthearted, which Bach says helps drive the direction of a battle's effect on the environment. While DICE games are better known for colossal destruction, Star Wars requires a softer touch.

"Star Wars, as an [intellectual property], is shaping what we're doing. So we won't do excessive destruction just because we can. It's more about 'what do you need and what you want' in a Battlefield game versus a Battlefront game," Bach says, adding that environmental anarchy in Battlefront wouldn't be authentic to the franchise's sensibility.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/17/star-wars-battlefront-preview-interview/

I don't think people were expecting DICE's "Amazing physics", or "Levelutions"(Which as far as i'm concerned they all look like a premade animation on 3DS Max or whatever 3D program, recorded it and put on the map, correct me if i'm wrong).

on Battlefront, after all, if we are talking about the planets the game is in, There is nothing to destroy in Hoth, not in Tatooine either, some houses maybe? not that much, unless is mos eisly which would be nice, but still, not as "breakable" as BF3-BF4 cities if you think about it, maybe some giant rocks that fall over, i don't know.

Then we have Endor, which actually the only breakable thing would be trees mostly, and i wouldn't put all the trees to be destroyable, else the map would be a huge mess.

Actually, the only breakable thing we can think about  is Sullust and the new unknown planet.

Sullust is a lava planet with Imperial factories as far as i know (*cough*Mustafar*cough), which some of the parts of the factory could be broken, but meh.

After all, this game is not about breaking half of the map, but i wouldn't mind it, i just can't see how it would actually work in this game.

No single player campaign! No space combat!

gUW1L4Z.png

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

Ysnar likes this

I'm only going to judge the game once I've seen some actual gameplay. If the gameplay is good then I might consider buying the game AFTER it has launched. However, at what price depends on how much content the game will contain at launch. If the game contains a lackluster amount of content (whilst still having good gameplay, graphics, etc), then I'll probably buy the game at a discounted price. If the game is utter crap, then I'll simply not buy the game.

This is what I did with Watch Dogs, Battlefield: Hardline and Total War: Attila and I'll do the same thing with Battlefront 3.

This.

Lots of information that's coming out now is mostly speculation, rumors and some leaks. I've fallen trap to a lot of rumors and false information that either got me too excited for a game and then dissapointed or it just ruined the game but in truth, it wasn't that bad.

I remember just all the rumors and leaks for BF3 and then 80% turned out to be outdated or just never in the game.

I won't judge the game from the current information. I'm sure when a proper gameplay video comes out, I will have a more open mind about the game. Now we can all speculate from a video that's not even gameplay and leaks that come out but in the end, by November I'm sure most of it won't be solid.

I haven't been too exicted for a game and then beaten down simply because I just never trusted all the early information unless it was 100% confirmed by the devs. Even then, at the end when the games finally came out, they looked better than what I imagined. This simple way of taking things never got me too dissapointed when the game got released. So in the end I'm either like "meh, just what I thought" or "Wow this is better than I thought."

Ysnar and AverageSpacePope like this

This.

Lots of information that's coming out now is mostly speculation, rumors and some leaks. I've fallen trap to a lot of rumors and false information that either got me too excited for a game and then dissapointed or it just ruined the game but in truth, it wasn't that bad.

I remember just all the rumors and leaks for BF3 and then 80% turned out to be outdated or just never in the game.

I won't judge the game from the current information. I'm sure when a proper gameplay video comes out, I will have a more open mind about the game. Now we can all speculate from a video that's not even gameplay and leaks that come out but in the end, by November I'm sure most of it won't be solid.

I haven't been too exicted for a game and then beaten down simply because I just never trusted all the early information unless it was 100% confirmed by the devs. Even then, at the end when the games finally came out, they looked better than what I imagined. This simple way of taking things never got me too dissapointed when the game got released. So in the end I'm either like "meh, just what I thought" or "Wow this is better than I thought."

Although i don't like false rumors either and i don't believe them until i see the real thing, in this case, this whole "rumors" are real since they come from DICE, they are answering a lot in a Reddit they did for Battlefront, which is a nice move from them since people can ask questions about the game, so the best place to check the info about thi game is probably there for now since is written by the guys at DICE themselves.

gUW1L4Z.png

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

Actually yes, it's a good point. For me i'll just wait for AJ to review it, or at least watch his live review on Twitch.

Updated comparison of Battlefront 2 and Dice's Battlefront:

YgOmHX3.png

* It was announced that some planets on Dice's Battlefront would have more than 2 maps per planet, with a total of 12 (according to a dev on twitter).

EDIT: Replaced table with an updated version.

Not sure if it has anything to do with Battlefront pre-orders, but pre-orders in Europe have sharply fallen (cross-posted from another thread):

https://archive.is/Uh6mI

Opinion piece regarding latest pre-orders trend:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/opinion-pre-order-why-bother/0148451

Well let's face it this isn't exactly much of a shock.