• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samurai Rabbit

Mortal Kombat X (PS4) Video Review

12 posts in this topic

Hi Angry Army!

Here's my Mortal Kombat X review:

Any of you fine ladies and gentlemen picked this up yet? Who are your favourite characters? How are you finding it?

RuneX likes this

No mention of unfinished, unplayable characters from the story mode which will be sold as DLC later on? Other than that, pretty solid review.

Samurai Rabbit likes this

No mention of unfinished, unplayable characters from the story mode which will be sold as DLC later on? Other than that, pretty solid review.

Thanks for watching. Yes, we have Tanya in the story who is confirmed as DLC. Apparently the other confirmed characters are Tremor, Jason & Predator. Now that you mention it I wouldn't be surprised to see Smoke, Night Wolf, Kabal, Sindel, Stryker, Baraka and/or Rain sold off at some point. 

Great game, shitty business model.

Like the review. The dodgy DLC is less of an issue to me now that the game appears yo have so much Kontent (Get it!) for the standard price.

I will be buying the XBox One version because of the region lock though, that is some serious bullshit.

Like the review. The dodgy DLC is less of an issue to me now that the game appears yo have so much Kontent (Get it!) for the standard price.

I will be buying the XBox One version because of the region lock though, that is some serious bullshit.

Cheers mate, thanks for watching. Yeah there's loads of stuff here and recent patches have improved the online experience somewhat. Just wish publishers would stop treating a game's player base like ATMs!

waiting for Angry Joe's video review!!! I liked this one also. Come Joe I'm waiting on it.  :D

Cheers mate!

Yeah I'm interested in what he's got to say about it :)

Do you feel that MKX is somewhat incomplete because of the unfinished, unplayable characters from the Story Mode?

Do you feel that MKX is somewhat incomplete because of the unfinished, unplayable characters from the Story Mode?

After giving this some thought I would say not. The characters you fight in the Story mode: Rain, Baraka, Tanya & Sindel have to be designed & balanced around participating in one or two fights (except for Tanya whom we know is DLC) whereas the rest of the 20-odd characters available have to be designed and balanced in relation to each other. On reflection I do think they should be in the full game though, I'd rather this have been released in June and had those extra characters. But saying that, the roster is significant in both size and variety (plus the 3 variants of each character is most welcome)

I do believe that this is a fantastic game however, I do recommend nabbing the inevitable Komplete Edition that will pop up at a later date as it will be better value for money despite the impressive amount of online/offline game modes available. 

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

I do recommend nabbing the inevitable Komplete Edition that will pop up at a later date as it will be better value for money despite the impressive amount of online/offline game modes available. 

That's what I've been planning to do, and knowing that there are incomplete characters actually makes me glad that I waited.

I'm glad you didn't get into a rage about the easy fatalities and such. I agree with pretty much every point you had. Wish more people would be up in arms about the region lock on the PS4. That shit pisses me the hell off. 

Edit:

Also, forgot to say, you've got some high quality vids and such. Very well put together. That's a subscribe from me (:

I'm glad you didn't get into a rage about the easy fatalities and such. I agree with pretty much every point you had. Wish more people would be up in arms about the region lock on the PS4. That shit pisses me the hell off. 

Edit:

Also, forgot to say, you've got some high quality vids and such. Very well put together. That's a subscribe from me (:

Cheers mate, thanks for watching. 

Yeah the region lock is inexplicable, I can understand lag being a factor, but at least give me the option of playing with people I know in the US. With regards to the easy fatalities, there really is no reason to buy them, which kind of proves that Warner Bros. really do not have much respect for their customers. We're seeing this again with a £35 Season Pass for Arkham Knight. £35!!! It's funny because this time next year it'll probably be £10 on PC including everything.