• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

23 posts in this topic

Since I didn't a Brutal Doom thread anywhere when I just searched the forums, I thought I'd start one with the release of the new v20 trailer:

My thoughts on that trailer? FUCK YEAH!!! It has new features (enemies can know throw barrels at you, you can go guns-akimbo and it works with even more mods, like Freedoom) and glorious amounts of gore. I'm hyped. Are you?

TenaciousTommy likes this

No thank you, the gameplay got boring after a while even tho I supported the mod since v7. Unbalances the enemies and weapons as well, making some custom levels more difficult,.

I thought it mostly just revamped the cosmetics and added the assault rifle + headshots?

shows what I know.

That said if you like roguelikes, try doomRL.. it's one of the best, and I'm not even a doom nut. Oh, and it's free. Just don't expect it to be as easy as so many modern rogue-lites.

I kept dying on Phobos Anomaly in DoomRL because I keep getting raped by the Cacos.

No thank you, the gameplay got boring after a while even tho I supported the mod since v7. Unbalances the enemies and weapons as well, making some custom levels more difficult,.

It hasn't gotten boring for me yet, although I have no doubt it will eventually. And you are totally right about it making custom levels harder- in some cases nigh-impossible. I remember playing one of the Hell Revealed II levels (the one with eight fucking Cyberdemons) and getting killed so many times that I just said fuck it, brought up the console and typed in IDDQD. Even with the insane difficulty though, its gotten to the point where I can't play Doom without Brutality. 

I thought it mostly just revamped the cosmetics and added the assault rifle + headshots?

shows what I know.

That said if you like roguelikes, try doomRL.. it's one of the best, and I'm not even a doom nut. Oh, and it's free. Just don't expect it to be as easy as so many modern rogue-lites.

I think I have that somewhere on my old computer. It did a great job of bringing the action of Doom to a turn-based style game.

looks awesome. I only played Doom/Doom 2 with Doomsday Mod, zDoom and jDoom. Is Brutal Doom compatible with those mods?

ZDoom based source ports only (zDoom, GZDoom, Zandronum). Also fanboyism of this mod also drives me up the wall as well as writing up a long post why my channel no longer supports the mod of a bigot and racist. I also don't support it because SgtMarkIV jokingly told a depressed ZDoom user to kill himself, along with instructions how to do so.

ZDoom based source ports only (zDoom, GZDoom, Zandronum). Also fanboyism of this mod also drives me up the wall as well as writing up a long post why my channel no longer supports the mod of a bigot and racist. I also don't support it because SgtMarkIV jokingly told a depressed ZDoom user to kill himself, along with instructions how to do so.

well i didn't know about that. I just wanted to expand the game with various mods.

It's understandable that it won't work with jDoom because jDoom uses real 3D models, Polygons, Sprites, Textures and Stuff. It's a complete other Engine. Hope that in a non distant future this will work with the mod.

Yeah, SgtMarkIV is a dick. I don't like him. Nor do I like half of the people who make and/or sell products I like. But I am forced to deal with corporations like Apple (whose Chinese contractors response to employee's jumping off the roof to commit suicide was to install nets around their buildings), Microsoft (who bans LGBT people from Xbox Live and helps the PRC run the Great Firewall that keeps the people of China down), Walmart (who does so much crap I'll just link to the Wikipedia arcticle on it)... the list goes on and on. At least with SgtMarkIV I can take comfort in the fact the I'm not giving any money so that he can support being a dick.

I can see this thread devolving into a flame war, so I may just tell a mod to lock it.

Laserrifle125 likes this

I can say BD is fine in short bursts for amusement, but not a "must use all the time" mod.

This is my opinion about every game I've played except Borderlands 2. I don't know about you guys, but I just can't play games for more than 30 minutes at a time before I get bored and call it quits. 

If there's any mod that deserves love, it's The Trailblazer :)

That does look pretty cool. I'll have to DL it once I finish building my gaming rig.

BD is a bit overrated imo, i´m just waiting for Guncaster to be released

Damn, now that looks awesome.

Also here is Trailblazer mod video:

As much as Brutal Doom is here and there, other mods deserve attention too.

Sorry, if anything is over-rated...its anything else but this mod.

I love the Brutality. Those who grew to become a DOOM Head, well the ones that still exist after the doom 3 travesty that hit, are glad its gaining some ground back in this modern era, and I hope it gains only more. I hear it is big inspiration for the new DOOM, making it very gory and brutal indeed.

Besides - custom levels are fun as hell. I don't know about yall - but DOOM (especially Brutal DOOM) is fun when you Run n Gun it.

Any of Pillowblaster's mods are fantastic.

I enjoyed Brutal Doom for an hour or so, and think the fatalities were an interesting addition. But I'm not a big user of weapon mods and I didn't like all the extra stuff obscuring my vision all the time and getting my movement changed, so I haven't felt like using the mod again. But I'm very happy it helped get more people playing Doom again and raising awareness of source ports such as ZDoom/GZDoom.

My only real annoyance is how source port features and general Doom features are often attributed to Brutal Doom instead of those who actually worked on those projects. Even TotalBiscuit made it sound like all the GZDoom features were made by SergeantMark in his video on Brutal Doom.

DOOM VOICE ACTED SERIES BASED ON ORIGINAL GAMES(with burtal mod)

Hello all,

I am Goden, a LONG time veteran of the AJSA. I have started on my youtube channel a voice acted series of the original doom games. but since the originals didnt have much of a story, i created my own custom story. but i have introduced a new charicter, (with more to come down the line) but i need somebody to act the charicter. SO PLEASE try to audition it may be you

to audition please go to http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/members/Goden/casting-call/DOOM-revelations-voice-acted-series-based-on-classic-game/ and submit the MP3 recording of your audition.

-Thank you, and GOOD LUCK!! :);):);)

link to 2nd episode