• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rocharules

Silent Hills Cancelled

46 posts in this topic

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3341839/silent-hills-may-officially-cancelled/

Last night at the San Francisco Film Festival, Guillermo Del Toro was taking questions and one question was about the status of Silent Hills. His reply was It’s not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart.

P.T. is getting taken off the PS store in a few days 

It's official :/

Norman Reedus reaction 

https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/status/592412551457198080

SilentHillsBD-620x400.jpg

thedukeofzill likes this

Guillermo Del Toro Confirms Cancellation Of Silent Hills

"It breaks my greasy heart," says director.

Silent Hills is, "not going to happen." That's according to filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, who made the comment at an event honoring him during this weekend's San Francisco Film Fest. Del Toro had been co-directing the title, which would have been the ninth installment in the Silent Hillfranchise, with Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima.

Also:

Konami Pulling Silent Hills P.T. from the Playstation Store

As someone who isn't too big a fan of Horror Games in general, this doesn't affect me. However, I can understand disappointment from the fans and whoever was looking forward to it.

I hate this so much. Today, I noticed we are getting another yearly iteration of Guns'n'Grabass (CoD,) But an amazing title with tons of potential is getting the boot. WTF Konami AND Kojima! This game could have saved the Silent Hill franchsie. Gamers, such as myself, I have been waiting with bated breath for a decent Silent Hill game. It's great to hear a company try and take a dying franchsie and breathe some new life into it, like they were doing with Silent Hills. I'm so tired of companies taking the safe route. I'm tired of companies making yearly entries to these boring titles, and leaving these other amazing franchsies in the dust. Konami, PLEASE give us another Silent Hill or Suikoden game for gods sake! Suikoden 1 and 2 were such AMAZING games, I'm just sad to see they don't take as much care and pride into these titles as they do MGS.

Guillermo Del Toro Confirms Cancellation Of Silent Hills

Also:

Konami Pulling Silent Hills P.T. from the Playstation Store

As someone who isn't too big a fan of Horror Games in general, this doesn't affect me. However, I can understand disappointment from the fans and whoever was looking forward to it.

Threads merged

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

i think im going to go cry in a corner ;_;

I guess this is appropriate:

i97CtnR.gif

yn95Ldl.gif

O8LR3vv.gif

RjG1Cdi.gif

LnwudVk.gif

No idea who he's saying "You're cool" to though.

likes this

So. I guess the answer is pretty simple. The rumors of Kojima possibly leaving or being fired by Konami. The removing of his name from trademark properties and production work. Now one of the Directors for the upcoming game Silent Hills saying it's been cancelled. Surprising on how much one company is trying to keep inside it self. Seems to keep getting out more and more. The public knows the story, but at the same time we don't. We can assume anything right now from the evidence we have. But we know no one will really say anything until... well MGSV comes out. Even than will we know? These people also in the end deserve that privacy. It's their business and the internet or the people don't need to know whats going on. Interesting, ain't it.

Enough conspiracy talk. Blah, blah, stuff. I am very sadden by Silent Hills possibly being cancelled. It looks to have a lot of promise. Thankfully I have P.T. downloaded if the rumors of that demo being pulled are true. Time will tell.

Well... crap. I was really looking forward to playing this game since I loved the demo. It's been a while since I was actually excited to play a Silent Hill game.

Give this video a watch, you may find it interesting. It is not exactly about Silent Hills, but it is about the problems with Konami and Kojima as a whole:

Konami are petty fools who don't know how to business.

Konami are petty fools who don't know how to business.

...in the video game industry. They actually make more money with their other business stakes, it would effect a big part of their revenue if they were to drop out of the industry as a whole, but do they give a damn? If this was a big deal, you would expect them to be releasing more games year after year, they have a wide range of popular IPs, but they aren't using them, so quite clearly, this is obviously not all that important to Konami what-so-ever.

I may as well post it here and say this...

Man this is just absolutely bad. :(

I already downloaded the P.T. Special Demo so I can experience it for myself.

The only thing I hope for all this is simple that the Phantom Pain does NOT suffer the same fate as Silent Hills.

I may as well post it here and say this...

Man this is just absolutely bad. :(

I already downloaded the P.T. Special Demo so I can experience it for myself.

The only thing I hope for all this is simple that the Phantom Pain does NOT suffer the same fate as Silent Hills.

I know that Kojima will see Phantom Pain to the very end of it's development, and it will be exactly what he envisioned. Have faith buddy. :D

I know that Kojima will see Phantom Pain to the very end of it's development, and it will be exactly what he envisioned. Have faith buddy. :D

I already have faith. I know that Phantom Pain will be done. I just wish it won't be a repeat of how Legends 3 was cancelled almost 4 years ago. I'll never forget it. Ever.

Edited by DestinyDecade
likes this

I was SO excited for this title. With Survival Horror being a very barren genre at the moment, Silent Hills looked like the game that could bring a revival to a great genre.

And P.T. was absolutely mind blowing.

Sad to see this happening. I was more excited for this than for anything on this generation so far.

likes this

Well this is a joke. After the demo's success the game is canceled. Nice move! Well there goes a good game....