• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DestinyDecade

Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie Revealed

19 posts in this topic

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/spiritual-successor-to-banjo-kazooie-reveals-its-lead-characters

And the good news is that the Kickstarter for it will begin tomorrow. It'll be updated to include the Kickstarter link. If anything, I'm excited for it and I will contribute to the Kickstarter.

TAKE.  MY.  MONEY!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I want this to succeed. It's been so long since I've played a really good platformer and I like what they have so far. I'll be looking for the kickstarter first thing tomorrow

I'll need to see more. Not getting the feels yet for it and I did enjoy Banjo-Kazzoie + its sequel. Its the look about it. Something on it feels off. Hopefully there will be something to turn that around once they put up their kickstarter.

I'll need to see more. Not getting the feels yet for it and I did enjoy Banjo-Kazzoie + its sequel. Its the look about it. Something on it feels off. Hopefully there will be something to turn that around once they put up their kickstarter.

Yeah, I think it's too soon to drop money on a kickstarter

But people are gonna do it anyways

Yeah, I think it's too soon to drop money on a kickstarter

But people are gonna do it anyways

Its one of those things that can't be helped. One can only hope the team comes through and shows enough to pull the weight on my arm to lift that wallet out of my pocket. Until then, I'm just going to observe and wait.

TAKE.  MY.  MONEY!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I want this to succeed. It's been so long since I've played a really good platformer and I like what they have so far. I'll be looking for the kickstarter first thing tomorrow

You're not the only one. I want it to succeed too. Maybe the Angry Army can help out and pitch in to make the kickstarter happen.

I wished Microsoft would get someone to make Banjo Kazooie 3.

I'm still more interested in a hat in time, but I'll be backing this one up as well.

Me too. Today's the day that the Kickstarter is supposed to open.

UPDATE: Here's the kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

Let's make it happen.

Edited by DestinyDecade
TamaskanLEM likes this

Jesus. Already over 500K. If this keeps up it'll pass the amount mighty no. 9 stacked up. These people are going to need to come up with new stretch goals. 

Hey, you seeing this Kojima?  Popular games that gamers want to play, made by experts tend to make hugely successful kickstarter campaigns.  It worked for Wayforward's Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, it worked for Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, and it worked for Yooka-Laylee.

Perhaps it's time you called up del Toro and Reedus and said, "Hey, let's set up a kickstarter campaign so we can make that Silent Hills game we wanted to make, but with a different name."  $5 says that the end result will be something that will be better than what we would have gotten had Silent Hills not been canceled and subsequently released under Konami.

Jesus. Already over 500K. If this keeps up it'll pass the amount mighty no. 9 stacked up. These people are going to need to come up with new stretch goals. 

I agree. I'm going to contribute to the kickstarter as well. Mighty No. 9 hit $4 million when they finished. That would be nuts.

Hey, you seeing this Kojima?  Popular games that gamers want to play, made by experts tend to make hugely successful kickstarter campaigns.  It worked for Wayforward's Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, it worked for Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, and it worked for Yooka-Laylee.

Perhaps it's time you called up del Toro and Reedus and said, "Hey, let's set up a kickstarter campaign so we can make that Silent Hills game we wanted to make, but with a different name."  $5 says that the end result will be something that will be better than what we would have gotten had Silent Hills not been canceled and subsequently released under Konami.

That... would be an amazing idea. Simply amazing. I approve of it.

At long last we have finally received more information regarding Yooka-Laylee.  We finally have our villain, and it is the most evil entity you could imagine:

CORPORATE COMMANDER!!!

I kid of course; it's an evil corporate overlord named Capital B who wants to steal all the books in the world and convert them in to pure profit.  Just like Corporate Commander wants to do with video games.  Just look at this guy:

CapitalB_Stand_pose_final01.png

Just take a look at this dramatic reveal here.  Judging by the description of everything, it sounds like these ex-Rare employees are still a little sour regarding what Microsoft did to Rare and are making the game to be some sort of message of how greedy corporate execs stifle creativity and only care about profits.

:corpcom: "Someone say my name!"

1 hour ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

Also announced to be pushed back to Q1 2017.

Which was given an actual good reason for doing so, unlike Mighty No. 9.

7 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

The E3 trailer has been revealed!

The trailer is freaking beautiful. It truly is. It shits all over Mighty No. 9's trailer that Deep Silver did.