• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

amazinglibby

Is Bloodborne on PC yet?

27 posts in this topic

I am currently ignoring all statements about Bloodborne never coming to PC.  I personally believe this is a stunt to increase PS4 sales.  If anyone hears anything, feel free to share with us.

A nice, friendly chat would be great.  Please respect every opinion with a smile :)  (not physically but mentally unless you're so inclined). 

Thank you for your time.

amazinglibby

If your hoping to play Bloodborne on PC, there's a 99.9% chance your gonna be disappointed. Why? 

It's because Sony wouldn't gain much out of it, sure they'll get some extra money from the sales of the PC version but it would hurt PS4 sales significantly. 

amazinglibby likes this

If you want my views on the matter I suggest reading this:

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/ViewNewsArticle/tabid/2549/Article/18874/Is-Bloodborne-coming-to-PC.aspx

Basically Sony owns the IP like they did with Demon's Souls which means that more then likely. 99.9%, it's not happening. The debacle with the lost of trademark has since been resolved being said to of been an accident similar to The Last Guardian trademark that happened about a month before. Since the issue Sony has regained the trademark of Bloodborne (the article above is a bit old on that matter). Amazon France has been as much correct as the games it states going to PC as it is wrong about them, the two most recent besides Bloodborne being Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 both of which had the status of PC on the site removed shortly there after it came to light.

If the game ever goes to PC it won't be of Fromsoft's doing but of Sony's who have the final say in the end of the day on what it releases on while they own the IP and trademark. Seeing how much success Bloodborne has had I doubt that Sony will let it leave there console, especially after they admitted it had been a mistake by not continuing on Demon's Souls success. They aren't going to let another exclusive escape there hands like that again. Also if it is true that Sony had their hand in developing the game that puts Sony in more control of the game with Fromsoft having used at least some assets from Sony.

Would it be nice on PC? Oh no question about it, minuse the severe lag and terrible keyboard controls for Dark Souls when it originally designed and ported to PC, the two Souls games put on PC have done moderately well with the only recent issue being the incompatibility of Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin version due to the prior being run on DirectX9 while the newer version is DirectX11 thus splitting the player base on PC.

So at this time, the chances of Bloodborne going to PC while under the ownership of Sony..... Is nearly zilch unfortunately.

Laserrifle125 and amazinglibby like this

Unlike the PS2 era, Sony desperately need exclusive IPs/Games or no one will buy the PS4.

Chances are we'll never see a PC version of Bloodborne. The consoles need their exclusives to boost sales.

But then again, who am I to talk about exclusives when I'm so hyped about Axiom Verge coming to PC this month... :P

amazinglibby likes this

I heard in 6 to 8 months they will.

amazinglibby likes this

I heard in 6 to 8 months they will.

Yeah well my uncle works at Nintendo and he said they bought the rights to Sony and every Sony game will be ported to WiiU and also every PS4 will be deactivated and also Bloodborne man will be in the next Mario game.

That statement has just as much credibility as yours, FYI.

Laserrifle125 likes this

I know that, that's why I only said that's what I heard so take it as a rumor. "Waste of time" my ass, Sony. Guess you don't like money from the PC crowd.

Sony. Guess you don't like money from the PC crowd.

And I guess that you don't know that porting Bloodborne to PC will hurt PS4 sales.

And I guess that you don't know that porting Bloodborne to PC will hurt PS4 sales.

I doubt it did when folks on the PC finally got GTA V, care to elaborate?

I doubt it did when folks on the PC finally got GTA V, care to elaborate?

Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive, if gets ported to PC, it would give people less reasons to buy a PS4 since they can buy Bloodborne on PC.

That'll happen once Halo comes to the Wii U.

and Laserrifle125 like this

Bloodborne was produced and published by Sony first party studio;Japan Studio, just like Demon's Souls............how was the PC release for that game by the way??? lol :P

Dark Souls 2 at least came out better than the first one, not to mention mods as well.

I'm guessing with the replies that you are ignoring all of this. All I could say is sorry buddy.

I'm guessing with the replies that you are ignoring all of this. All I could say is sorry buddy.

When I said I was "ignoring  all statements" about Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive, what I actually meant by that is "I am hoping very hard that Bloodborne will not be a PS4 exclusive." 

I am just looking for any small glimer of hope.  The current situation is not looking good.

The sad truth of the matter is most likely Bloodbourne is not going to come to pc. Sony got the rights to this game to sell ps4s and releasing it on pc would ruin that. I myself really want the game to get a pc port but have that on my list of things to happen right under find a leprechaun and get his pot of gold.

You guys don't want to play Bloodborne anyway, it'll ruin all the past souls games for you. Trying to go back to SotFS is like driving a tank after spending the last month behind the wheel of a Lamborghini.

You guys don't want to play Bloodborne anyway, it'll ruin all the past souls games for you. Trying to go back to SotFS is like driving a tank after spending the last month behind the wheel of a Lamborghini.

Oh it's not that bad. Yeah it takes a few minutes to readjust yourself to the game since it plays differently but going back between the games is not all that hard. You just have to realize that you can't play a Souls game like Bloodborne and you can't play Bloodborne like a Souls game.

I played and finished Bloodborne at least once already. Now I started playing Dark Souls 1 and although it does play way slower than Bloodborne, the adjustment time isn't as bad. I already beat three bosses and am already using the Black Knight Halberd upgraded to +3, and I'm having an alright time with it.

I can see why people were saying "Bloodborne is Casual Souls" or something like that seeing as there's more things to consider in Souls compared to Bloodborne.

I played and finished Bloodborne at least once already. Now I started playing Dark Souls 1 and although it does play way slower than Bloodborne, the adjustment time isn't as bad. I already beat three bosses and am already using the Black Knight Halberd upgraded to +3, and I'm having an alright time with it.

I can see why people were saying "Bloodborne is Casual Souls" or something like that seeing as there's more things to consider in Souls compared to Bloodborne.

No, Casual Souls is Lords of the Fallen. It does borrow from Souls games but is pretty simplistic and no where as tough. Most of the BloodSouls community call Bloodborne Fast Souls due to the combat speed being quicker. Yes there is more things to consider in the Souls game but the slower combat actually gives you time to plan on what you are doing while Bloodborne you are more on your toes. Both games play differently and have different things to consider.

likes this

Heh Don't be certain it won't. Cuz if a third party developers decide to port the game, Sony won't be able to do anything (unless they catch them be4 the port is finished) and will loose console sales across the board. I mean it is a low chance that someone would take the big risk of being caught, but it is still possible... :D

Heh Don't be certain it won't. Cuz if a third party developers decide to port the game, Sony won't be able to do anything (unless they catch them be4 the port is finished) and will loose console sales across the board. I mean it is a low chance that someone would take the big risk of being caught, but it is still possible... :D

Bloodborne was produced with and published by Sony (SCE Japan Studio), just like Demon's Souls for the PS3, which also never saw a release on any other platform.

I honestly don't have a flying fuu how these things work.. who publishes what, what publishers are good for, whatever. All I know is I was pretty surprised when demon's souls had a spiritual sequel multi-platform after sony seemed to have a new potential cash cow for themselves and themselves alone.

I'm also seeing more pc ports of Japanese games more often too, valkyria chronicles, neptunia, etc. I know those aren't produced by sony per say, but I don't recall demon's souls having a sony logo on it at all other than when I turned my ps3 on. I trust the people who say sony has more influence on bloodborne than dark souls know what they're talking about though, and if they're correct, I think it's unlikely to see a pc port fora while... I don't really see why they wouldn't "sell" the rights to allow a pc port to whoever years down the road though... bloodborne isn't going to make people buy a ps4 3 years from now if they haven't got one already. I'm not saying they probably will, just that if I owned something as successful as bloodborne, I personally would hold the monopoly on it for awhile and gain from it, but afterwards I think it would be more profitable to sell the right to produce it on other platforms once its system-selling factor becomes less relevant.