• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Future Game Year Plans

42 posts in this topic

Alright so being I intend to continue this for many years to come. I feel after this year has pass it would be nice to build on it and make it more fun to participate in.

Mentioned somewhere in the pages of the Game Year topic for 2015 there was a little talk about working in some trivia questions. Get it right and you win as opposed to the simple first response that is going on this year. So I think in that area it would be good to talk about as far as the type of trivia to be used. Like for instance perhaps having trivia themes for each year, or just keeping it all around random trivia.

Of course someone also mentioned, since currently this is only being done for those who use steam, about those who own only consoles. So a system for that to be included would be good as well. Mind you games are to be selected at random for the winners so it would be good to have a sort of wishlist type deal set up. For instance in the case of a physical disc if you had a selection set up on amazon. Or, being that I'm strictly pc for now, if there is the possibility of being able to gift others through XBOX marketplace or PSN network that could work the same way. A way to work in for those who use handhelds would certainly do as well.

Now for those who don't know, I do want to get around to the point where I have 4 winners a month with each being the maximum of $60 ( more so if they happen to have that type of game on their list that banks over $60 though I do try to go for getting multiple games within the price range set). Naturally its easier to do that on steam then the console's since prices tend to stay up higher on titles, but in this this is why it will be good to get some ideas for other individuals to make this something everyone can get into no matter what they use.

Now, one other thing I've been thinking of is having a sort of "End of the Year" type draw for Game Year in which a person could win a console system, handheld, or graphics card of "their" choosing from the list presented. I'm thinking perhaps making this a somewhat harder and different measure then just trivia, or perhaps make it the hardest damn question to figure out >:3

And of course, my pessimistic crowd who are ever present. Feel free to put out your points of why you don't think this is a good idea and not just for the sake of being pessimistic. I mean genuine reasons for why you think its not a good idea to host such a thing.

Beatmaster A.C. likes this

I like the idea of answering questions rather than the "first come, first serve" type thing as not everyone can frequently check the forums

I like the idea of answering questions rather than the "first come, first serve" type thing as not everyone can frequently check the forums

The type of questions can make it more fun as well. Its rewarding when you win.

Sort of like the Annivesary quest ?

Sort of like the Annivesary quest ?

If you mean the end year prize, hmm... yes you can think of it like that.

I like the first come first serve thing because I have a speed holster for my smartphone that jumps at my face when the thread gets posted in (kidding). Seriously though, it's really up to you, it's your money and you should spend it how you would enjoy it the most. It's already nice that you're generous with it here, but if you have any personal preference to the mechanics of your choice, you should be priority there at the very least =P.

That said 'trivia' is not exactly something I think people want in the end...rather people want people to have some kind of challenge for the reward, which is fun. And you can't have a game tournament or something because not everyone has every game, and some people might cheat, and.. and... yeah... I think trivia gets mentioned because it's pretty much the only "challenge" people (myself included admitedly) can think of that allows everyone to participate.

Unfortunately trivias themselves don't really mean much than first read first serve since most things can just be googled for the answer.

Basically, I'm suggesting that you just keep an eye out for "challenges", not to be used every time, but if and when appropriate. For example, maybe there IS a game that just came out for free that's a browser game with a scoreboard that you can say highest score wins after 3 days or something, from kongregate or armor games or something...preferably a game that just came out at the time, before any cheats are made for it or whatever. 

Or give it to whoever has the highest score + replay video for phantasm romance...totally unbias suggestion, hue =P

I like the first come first serve thing because I have a speed holster for my smartphone that jumps at my face when the thread gets posted in (kidding). Seriously though, it's really up to you, it's your money and you should spend it how you would enjoy it the most. It's already nice that you're generous with it here, but if you have any personal preference to the mechanics of your choice, you should be priority there at the very least =P.

Well in my case I don't mind either way. I was actually thinking of setting up a poll to see if the majority wanted to keep it as is, or go with trivia. If Trivia was the selected majority choice then it would come down to the areas to apply the trivia. You know like game, mythology, historical, etc. But in the case of Chumbry42's comment about it I understood that as well. In the trivia aspect it becomes more into who gets the answer right first than who simply responds first. But I think a good poll will take care of that.

That said 'trivia' is not exactly something I think people want in the end...rather people want people to have some kind of challenge for the reward, which is fun. And you can't have a game tournament or something because not everyone has every game, and some people might cheat, and.. and... yeah... I think trivia gets mentioned because it's pretty much the only "challenge" people (myself included admitedly) can think of that allows everyone to participate.

As I put above we'll find out with the poll. I think that would be a fair way to go about it because just like with those who play games. You like what you earn from what you play. In most cases a person doesn't just want it handed to them on a silver platter. I think the game concept in this manner would make trivia appealing.

Unfortunately trivias themselves don't really mean much than first read first serve since most things can just be googled for the answer.

Now there I beg to differ. One can do a trivia in a way of which you can't find the answer easily. I think my inner devil would have quite a bit of fun finding those deep dark areas an individual would have to search the internet highway for. Like if I for instance typed out a phrase for the trivia, but I placed it in another language. Well a person would have to find out what language is being used and then what the meaning is behind that phrase. Not a single step process.

Basically, I'm suggesting that you just keep an eye out for "challenges", not to be used every time, but if and when appropriate. For example, maybe there IS a game that just came out for free that's a browser game with a scoreboard that you can say highest score wins after 3 days or something, from kongregate or armor games or something...preferably a game that just came out at the time, before any cheats are made for it or whatever. 

Hm. That is an interesting idea...that just gave me another idea but for the end of the year challenge. Now that one I would definitely make into a multiple step process because of how big the prize is and also the fact it would go on lottery chance after a certain number of individuals were able to gain entry. Have it set up in a process of being for the last 2 weeks of the year in which whomever wins in the end gets that grand prize.

Or give it to whoever has the highest score + replay video for phantasm romance...totally unbias suggestion, hue =P

Lol. I'm sure

I may have reported the last post by mistake cuz of phone browser snafu. If so please disregard

One game that could be played by everyone is the online cards against humanity as you dont know who played which cards until after the winning card is chosen. Just a thought

One game that could be played by everyone is the online cards against humanity as you dont know who played which cards until after the winning card is chosen. Just a thought

This one looks like a type of game where the victor is chosen based on opinion and not so much the game. Unless I'm missing something.

I may have reported the last post by mistake cuz of phone browser snafu. If so please disregard

Looks to fitting to be a mistake.

Now I have some questions for those of you who own consoles.

1. Do the networks for buying the game via download allow you to designate a sort of wishlist for possible titles you may want to purchase at a later date and if so, do they have it set up in a way that someone else can get it for you in the manner that steam does?

2. If the answer for above is yes, can it be done via the browser of an individual who does not own it or is there another way I may not possible know of to gift an individual aside from the obvious buying and sending of a physical disc of the game.

Been going over an idea I thought off concerning the end of the year prize. Being I'll have an entire year to think of something I figured it would be something to change up every year or simply think of one to keep the same. If it continues on past this year, depends on the number of participants there.

On that note anyone who might have won in the previous months can participate in it. Thinking of setting it up in stages of which the first 20 get a placement and I work through a plan of elimination until we get down to one individual who wins the big score.

End of the year console, handheld or graphics card giveaway? By the great beard of Zeus! You're awesome!

End of the year console, handheld or graphics card giveaway? By the great beard of Zeus! You're awesome!

Hey, end of the year should go off with a bang. I'm going to work on trying to get something together for this first year.

Think of setting it up next year for a winner every Wednesday but at a $30 max for the collection of games. That is unless things end up going the way I desire them to which then it will be $60 for every winner on a Wednesday.

Now I have some questions for those of you who own consoles.

1. Do the networks for buying the game via download allow you to designate a sort of wishlist for possible titles you may want to purchase at a later date and if so, do they have it set up in a way that someone else can get it for you in the manner that steam does?

2. If the answer for above is yes, can it be done via the browser of an individual who does not own it or is there another way I may not possible know of to gift an individual aside from the obvious buying and sending of a physical disc of the game.

Didn't see questions before, sorry.

1: The only console I really use are my handhelds and my ps3...and not to my knowledge. But there are alot more games that are out that I can afford so the notion of making a wishlist for games not even out yet is low priority for me. Maybe there is one and I just didn't notice. I kinda doubt it though.

2: Well you can view psn profiles online without being said user yes, but again, I don't think there's a wishlist.

Think of setting it up next year for a winner every Wednesday but at a $30 max for the collection of games. That is unless things end up going the way I desire them to which then it will be $60 for every winner on a Wednesday.

Once again, thank you for your generosity. I'm curious though, do you think there are 48+ active participants in your giveaways? I haven't counted myself but you're probably more familiar with them than I =P

Xbox doesnt have a wishlist type thing either but I guess you could buy the xbox pseudo-wallet cards for people and send them the code? I think PS4 has a similar systems but i dont know for sure

Didn't see questions before, sorry.

1: The only console I really use are my handhelds and my ps3...and not to my knowledge. But there are alot more games that are out that I can afford so the notion of making a wishlist for games not even out yet is low priority for me. Maybe there is one and I just didn't notice. I kinda doubt it though.

2: Well you can view psn profiles online without being said user yes, but again, I don't think there's a wishlist.

Once again, thank you for your generosity. I'm curious though, do you think there are 48+ active participants in your giveaways? I haven't counted myself but you're probably more familiar with them than I =P

1. I can understand how pre-orders can be low priority. Especially when many of them can't be trusted to deliver unless your in the very small list of companies that make sure to deliver.

2.  Gotcha. Thank you for the information. I do want to polish it up so everyone can get something and not just have it so the only winners are the one's who just play on pc.

Anytime. Hmm...I've no clue, but I'm certain I'll find out next year. I have a feeling I'll at least get 12 for the single winner of month for this year

Xbox doesnt have a wishlist type thing either but I guess you could buy the xbox pseudo-wallet cards for people and send them the code? I think PS4 has a similar systems but i dont know for sure

Thank you. That would definitely work. I can use that.

New Job is looking beautiful. If it goes as I'm expecting I should be able to start off for winners every wednesday at $60 max for Game Year 2016

My new job is definitely A+, at least for me. Others can't handle it and have been dropping off like flies. Lol. Sad thing is that I will be moving next year probably around march from Georgia to California so I'm not sure how next year will flow for game year.

I'm thinking to budget to the side for the 12 months of next year so I can still dish out prizes and also work on themes for people to answer in order to win each month. As I've heard its expensive in Cali, but I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding work. Its more switching from driving to work to commuting to work I'll need to get used to. That's if I end up working in San Francisco and not within the area I intend to work.

Just wanted to put a reminder that if anyone has any ideas they want to put out to improve Free Game Year, feel free to toss them out. This includes how monthly winners win and also the type of event to have for the end of year blow out.

It definitely has to be something that everyone can participate in so be sure to keep that in mind for the end of year event.

All these ideas will go for Free Game Year 2016

Just wanted to put a reminder that if anyone has any ideas they want to put out to improve Free Game Year, feel free to toss them out. This includes how monthly winners win and also the type of event to have for the end of year blow out.

It definitely has to be something that everyone can participate in so be sure to keep that in mind for the end of year event.

All these ideas will go for Free Game Year 2016

I just had a thought about consoles, it is a little difficult to to trade games over PSN and XBox live but you can purchase digital download vouchers for wallet funds and some games in retail stores.

One additional problem would be the region lock on PSN but I am to volunteer to purchase vouchers for the EU if necessary.

Jinzuro likes this

I just had a thought about consoles, it is a little difficult to to trade games over PSN and XBox live but you can purchase digital download vouchers for wallet funds and some games in retail stores.

One additional problem would be the region lock on PSN but I am to volunteer to purchase vouchers for the EU if necessary.

Yes, a solution for consoles is needed. So these vouchers will work for games on PSN and XBox Live?

I mentioned it in another thread but since this seems on topic, I think instead of buying games for people on steam and gifting it to them, you can also just trade them 20-50 'steam bucks' to their account. This way if they only have a partial amount of games they want to buy at that moment, they can hold on to the leftover change later.

I mentioned it in another thread but since this seems on topic, I think instead of buying games for people on steam and gifting it to them, you can also just trade them 20-50 'steam bucks' to their account. This way if they only have a partial amount of games they want to buy at that moment, they can hold on to the leftover change later.

Steam bucks? I haven't seen anything about being able to keep money on steam, or is this something else? I've always just purchased what I've wanted off of steam through my paypal.