• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sargefan19

Does anybody else have this problem when gaming as well?

11 posts in this topic

For some reason when i play games that have an unlock or upgrade system for some reason I always seem to go out of my way for no reason to just find out what exactly are the unlocks and what do they do. For example recently i played the Duck Dynasty game but found myself trying to figure what was going to be unlocked next for finding the stuff. I didn't even like the game with the horrible graphics, dumb characters who are so obviously scripted (even on the show), horrible sense of humor, horrible gameplay (autoaim ftw) and random clips from the show that make no sense (looking at them claiming a gasoline explosion was tnt). I just don't understand what the whole apeal is about. Also is there any games you guys played that was downright terrible and you hated playing but just had the urge to go on because of an unlock system.

Nope, unlocks do not turn bad games into good ones

I am not saying they turn them into good ones. I am asking if they ever drove you to play a game you didn't want to play just to see them

Nope. But on kongregate there was this game called upgrade complete. The game was frankly a joke, im pretty sure it was, literally. But it was ranked 1st shooter game for a long time. The upgrade system wasnt even deep or interesting, it just had a few gimmick upgrades in there like upgrade the menu, ui, add sound, add a level.. Blech

I'd say Dead Island. Not a bad game, just disappointing. Although, that didn't stop me from playing it through 3 times.

if the base gameplay is bad, i honestly can't expect any better improvements though "unlocks", or whatever X game calls it.

Is like unlocking a new weapon, set, or whatever in a FPS, if the gameplay itself is annoying, a slighty better gun won't make it any better.

The game is still bad even with unlockables. I will say though, I think unlockables need to be more of a thing. It sucks that DLC pretty much took their place in modern gaming. I miss the god ol days when the internet was around to spoil everything. If you didn't know where that seceret character was,or that awesome fatality, you had to bust some ass to try and figure it out ( or get Nintendo power =/) All in all, I really miss that awesome feeling of unlocking a sweet weapon or skin just by beating the game on a certian difficulty or at a certian time.

Duck Dynasty is just bad, period.

Why did you even play the duck dynasty game in the first place? Didnt they price that crap the same as new AAA games?

No, because I know DD is crap and fake. They're not real rednecks, they're middle class yuppies pretending to be them and Phil is a bigot asshole as well.

Even if they were 'real rednecks', the show would still have absolutely no appeal IMO =P